More Brutality

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

More Brutality

Postby Jaffa » Tue Mar 25, 2003 4:05 pm

Fox news is reporting(and Pentagon confirming) theat British troops captured a hospital with 3000 Iraqi chemical suits, a tank, and many soldiers.  Also, in some of the Southern cities, Republican Guard troops dressed as coalition troops are accepting surrenders from regular Iraqi troops then executing them. :(

More brutality... :-/
Jaffa
Major
Major

Re: More Brutality

Postby ozzy72 » Tue Mar 25, 2003 5:24 pm

Jaffa, these guys never play by the rules. There have been dozens of incidents of guys waving a white flag, and as coalition troops move forward to accept the surrender the Iraqis suddenly open fire.
Then there is the use of women and children as human shields! This really makes me sick.
Personally I'm glad I'm not there this time, the fighting is really dirty. I just hope all my mates come home safe and sound.

Ozzy :(
There are two types of aeroplane, Spitfires and everything else that wishes it was a Spitfire!
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lethal.Ambition » Wed Mar 26, 2003 9:40 pm

I was watching MSNBC and they were saying tha fighting like that was a violation of international laws. I am doubtful about this. I am talking about the fact that these guys are deceiving our troops, supposedly surrendering and opening fire and that the are wearing Coalition troops uniforms. This is not right. As to my posting reason, is this really a violation? Are there really laws as far as wars go?
Oderint Dum Metuant - Let them hate as long as they fear.
Proud member of the =XE= Xtreme Eagles
Oderint Dum Metuant
Lethal.Ambition
Major
Major

Postby denishc » Wed Mar 26, 2003 10:35 pm

Actually there are rules that ristrict the kind of ammunition that can be used.  Somewhere I heard that bullets had to be of the metal jacket type, could not fragment on impact and must not tumble in flight.
 Also knives and bayonets must not have surrated edges.
denishc
Captain
Captain

Postby SilverFox441 » Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:26 pm

There are a whole slew of conventions that have the force of law amongst signatories.

You can read the text of the conventions as they apply under Canadian Law here: http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/G-3/

The conventions are pretty much the same everywhere...after all that is the point of a multilateral agreement. :)

http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/G-3/61388.html#rid-61397

Paragraphs 1, 2 and 3 are important.

All of article 37 is important as is Article 38 and 39. Canada has knowingly violated Article 40 in the case of SS troops during the Second World War. Article 41 says you can't shoot prisoners.

Just taking a quick look through the list...it seems that one side seems pretty intent on violating just about all of it. :)

Iraq, The Untied States of America, England, Australia and the other comnbatants are all signatories to the Conventions on War signed in Geneva, 1949.
SilverFox441

Postby Lethal.Ambition » Sat Mar 29, 2003 7:12 pm

Oh i see. Iraq is shooting the American POW and you don't know how pissed that gets me. They are violating everything!
Oderint Dum Metuant - Let them hate as long as they fear.
Proud member of the =XE= Xtreme Eagles
Oderint Dum Metuant
Lethal.Ambition
Major
Major

Postby Blade » Sat Mar 29, 2003 8:56 pm

Damn, they are gonna pay.   :'( Jaffa, a tip. FOX News is not the type of news you wanna listen to, they are the only station that has to say they are unbiased, also they were the only station kicked out of Bahgdad before the war. They try to instill fear into the public, to get ratings, CNN is MUCH better.

Dell 4550
P4 2.53Ghz
512MB DDR SDRAM
GeForceFX 5900 129MB
60GB HD @ 7200RPM
PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN
Blade
Major
Major

Postby tvale80 » Sat Mar 29, 2003 9:11 pm

Um, Fox News decided to leave, CNN was kicked out
tvale80
Captain
Captain

Postby Oso » Sat Mar 29, 2003 9:20 pm

Except Peter Hussein Arnett.
Oso

Postby Blade » Sat Mar 29, 2003 10:26 pm

I thought it was FOX?

Dell 4550
P4 2.53Ghz
512MB DDR SDRAM
GeForceFX 5900 129MB
60GB HD @ 7200RPM
PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN
Blade
Major
Major

Postby Rifleman » Sat Mar 29, 2003 11:33 pm

Are there really laws as far as wars go?

I totally agree, and without defending any actions by either side, can you really believe that you would agree to some sort of "terms" when the situation you are faced with, is  about defending your country and family ?......the way I see it,  in war, you do what you deem necessary at the time and worry about the consequences if you are alive to do so, afterwards.............these choices by radical and desperate people are not surprising to me at all.........this in not an agreement, condemnation  or condonement , but rather an objective observation.
Rifleman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Rifleman » Sat Mar 29, 2003 11:40 pm

One more thing.........any Laws are only for those who choose to obey them......witness the current gun laws in Canada.....will the lawbreakers (Armed robbers) really go and register their weapons with the Gov't , just because the law says you have to ?.....I think not..........
Rifleman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to General Discussion