Code of Conduct.

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

Re: Code of Conduct.

Postby Oso » Thu Mar 27, 2003 11:06 am

[quote]shall we say, "cultivated" southerners really worry about it much (no offense to Oso or anybody ).
Last edited by Oso on Thu Mar 27, 2003 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oso

Postby ozzy72 » Thu Mar 27, 2003 2:36 pm

Hi Oso, good to see you. I hope you got my email. I have to agree there seems to be a bit of hypocrasy going on, but that is life unfortunately.
I'm in favour of loosing the war talk, especially after what happened in the Tornado thread, inspite of what I wrote. This is war, accidents happen. Heck people die in training accidents every year! I've been to two funerals of that nature.
I think we should steer clear of the war, and find some happy flying things to chat about. Failing that rude jokes about bodily functions are always good for a laugh.

Ozzy ;)
There are two types of aeroplane, Spitfires and everything else that wishes it was a Spitfire!
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby BMan1113VR » Thu Mar 27, 2003 7:29 pm

[quote]

The slogan went like this:

Q.
Sincerely,
Me

SimV NFL 2006-2007 Season Pool Co-Champion (157-99; 9-2)
SimV NFL 2005-2006 Season Pool Co-Champion (163-93)
SimV NFL 2004-2005 Season Pool Champion (1
BMan1113VR
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Professor Brensec » Thu Mar 27, 2003 8:38 pm

I actually didn't realize "septic" was in wide use :-[ ;D -- Just checked my trusty "Partridge" and learned that the term became very wide-spread when yanks on R & R leave from the Vietnam War "invaded" your country ;D.

Quite right, Doug.

It's just the less "affectionate" term, used when upset, angry or such. But again, there is no real "ill feeling" involved.

Our culture, unique as it is, has been, and continues to be very heavily in fluenced by the U.S., especially by way of TV and movies. For the young particularly, "so called" music and the rap culture (ie graffiti, rap music and dress) have been a heavy influence on our kids since the early '80's.

It has upset, and at times, angered more traditional Australians to see there kids trying to speak like an African American or Cayjun. Also the attempts at the bodily actions of same can sometimes be less than pathetic.............lol ;D

I actually heard my Stepson (thank God, not MY son) say one day "I really wish I was black".
I tried to sit him down and explain what it meant to be black in some parts of the US. But that made no difference. He was interested more in impressing his mates an girls, who seemed to see everything in African American culture as "COOL" or "BAD".

I am digressing quite aways but anyway, this is the sort of situation in which an Aussie might say something like "Don't go on with that Septic crap around here"

My Apologies.  :-X
http://www.ra.online-plus.biz

I cried because I had no shoes - until I saw a man who had no feet.
Professor Brensec
Major
Major

Postby Professor Brensec » Thu Mar 27, 2003 8:51 pm

Oso,

For my part, if any, in being insensitive in the thread you mention, I apologize, and regret any insensitivity that may have been evident.

The "Grunt" comment was mine. I don't think I dealt with either incident with a double standard. Neither involved my countrymen, but easily could have, on either end of such a mistake.

I have read again, as you suggested, and I do see where one incident seems to have incited criticism and the other, understanding.
I would like to think that it had more to do with the fact that the thread had spanned a period of time that reflected a change in general attitude. I'm sure our Pommy friends didn't mean to "point the bone" at the US services and not their own.

But for the sake of all, especially myself and yourself, I would hate to see someone leave the forums under any kind of controversial circumstance, unless they were the deserved one. You are not.

I am sorry for my part.  :-X

Professor Brensec
Major
Major

Postby Oso » Thu Mar 27, 2003 11:48 pm

Thank you Bren.
Last edited by Oso on Fri Mar 28, 2003 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oso

Postby Professor Brensec » Fri Mar 28, 2003 8:03 am

[quote]Thank you Bren.

Professor Brensec
Major
Major

Postby DougC-3 » Fri Mar 28, 2003 8:29 am

Oso said,
Now I know that I have not been onboard here very long and few of you know me. I am aware that few of you could care less whether I stay or go. I would like to stay. Stay for the whole site - not just a few to avoid the forums that talk politics.

But I will not stand idly by while people badmouth my country. There is a fine line between healthy critisism and outright hostility.

If you'll.... er.... bear with us, I think you'll agree that these forum members are usually the most tolerant and understanding folks on the internet ;).
Comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.
--- William Sloan Coffin (and many others)
DougC-3
Major
Major

Previous

Return to General Discussion