Formula One Anyone?

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

Re: Formula One Anyone?

Postby OakRaiders » Mon Mar 10, 2003 7:35 am

I'm not really into raceing i watch it sometimes it's ok but i like watching people drag race out in the street it's the best when the cops show up and everone scaters lol ;D
OakRaiders
Captain
Captain

Postby Rivers » Mon Mar 10, 2003 12:03 pm

I love F1, I don't lose one race, I liked the new rules this race was very good unfortunately Brazilians were unlucky in this first race. It seems this season will be very good last one was very boring, no action at all.
Rivers
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby TJ_Gumby » Thu Mar 13, 2003 9:27 pm

I'm an avid F1 fan. I miss the excitement of Murray Walker, but he was making alot of mistakes.Guess he's geting a little old. I also miss the excitement of when Schumacher was in the second best car, while his rival was in the best car. This made for even competition. Now that Schuy is in the best car, i get rather bored of seeing him win so much. I'm Canadian, so you can imagine the excitement when Villeneuve and Schumacher went head to head for the championship in 97. Ahh, those were the days. ::)  
TJ_Gumby
Captain
Captain

Postby airvanuatu » Thu Mar 13, 2003 10:15 pm

Ferrari + Sauber !!!  :o :o :o --->>  8)
Fly The Friendly Face Of The South Pacific - Fly Air Vanuatu http://www.airvanuatu.tk airvanuatu@hotmail.com
airvanuatu
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Fly2e » Fri Mar 14, 2003 3:04 pm

Over here in America, NASCAR is huge!!! You don't have to be a so called "Redneck" to love Auto Racing!  It has the most spectators that attend a sporting event with the most money, companies, fans and people involved!!! Some would like to say football or even baseball is bigger, (you would think) but it really isn't. Some people don't consider it a sport, those people really don't know much about Auto racing!!!
I go to 2 of the Nascar races every year. My favorite is down in Dover Deleware at "The Monster Mile". 1 mile of oval track, 35 degree banked turns, 165 mph on the straight-a-ways, 130 mph in the turns, all packed into one mile!! It is pretty exciting. Dover Air Force Base is close to the track. Before every race here in America, The United States Air Force always does a "Fly-By". Incredible to see and hear these jets scream by. The entire place shakes. You can almost feel the heat from the exhaust of the jets.
The "Super Speedways" as they are known like Talladega and Daytona is "white knuckle racing" at its best. Full throttle, Onstant 200mph of pure sheet metal, Cars 3 wide. One slip up and its all over.
The 2003 season just started Feb 16th. There is a race every Sunday all the way to October. The teams and drivers are at a different track each weekend until they visit all on the curcuit. Then they go back to each track for the other half of the season. Each track is visited twice.
Last edited by Fly2e on Fri Mar 14, 2003 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
COMING SOON!
Fly2e
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Guruswarmyoz » Sun Mar 23, 2003 11:10 pm

At least this year appears it won't be a SCHU in.
Guruswarmyoz
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby ATI_7500 » Mon Mar 24, 2003 4:48 pm

i didn't watch the races last year, it was just boring. but with the new rules and without the "launch control" ,it's going to be interesting again.

p.s: Schumacher sucks, Heinz-Harald Frentzen for world champion!!!!!
ATI_7500

Postby Craig. » Mon Mar 24, 2003 5:00 pm

by the looks of it mclaren seem to be a good favourate this year
definatly shaping up to being a good year for racing.
does anyone remember the days when they wernt allowed to refuel during pit stops? bring that back and it would really heat things up
Craig.
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Lethal.Ambition » Mon Mar 24, 2003 9:18 pm

Frankly i don't watch the national F1. I love watching the Grand Prix, the one with Shumacher. I also don't like shumacher winning all the time, it starts to get boring. Thus, i get excited when someone is on his tail. Wether it is the usual ones like Coulthard, Hakkinnen, Montoya or i think Fretzen i like the excitement.

Unfortunately i missed the race yesterday. I think it was yesterday
Oderint Dum Metuant - Let them hate as long as they fear.
Proud member of the =XE= Xtreme Eagles
Oderint Dum Metuant
Lethal.Ambition
Major
Major

Postby ATI_7500 » Tue Mar 25, 2003 8:22 am

Unfortunately i missed the race yesterday. I think it was yesterday

lol,you're slightly confused,aren't you? ;)
ATI_7500

Postby Lethal.Ambition » Wed Mar 26, 2003 8:42 pm

Frankly, yes. Was it that obvious? :P
Oderint Dum Metuant - Let them hate as long as they fear.
Proud member of the =XE= Xtreme Eagles
Oderint Dum Metuant
Lethal.Ambition
Major
Major

Postby ATI_7500 » Thu Mar 27, 2003 8:14 am

Frankly, yes. Was it that obvious? :P

Nooooooooooo. ;D
ATI_7500

Previous

Return to General Discussion