Chemical weapons facility?

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

Chemical weapons facility?

Postby Professor Brensec » Mon Mar 24, 2003 11:40 pm

Firstly Ozzy, I hope you don't mind my quoting you.

Guys I've just been reading up on the news this morning before class and apparently the 3rd Infantry Divisions 2nd Brigade have pushed to within 100 miles of Baghdad last night.  
So any bets on how long the war will last?
Oh and the Americans found a chemical weapons plant yesterday too! Seems Saddam was fibbing  

Ozzy

If this bit about the Chemical Weapons facility being found is true, and there is proof that it has been in recent use, doesn't that completely justify the coalition fears, justify the action taken for the sake of the rest of the world, make a complete monkey out of the UN (and France, poor guys, they are supposed to join the coalition now, that was thier proviso) and stop all arguments as to whether this man was a danger to the world and his own people.

Or am I being too optimistic?
http://www.ra.online-plus.biz

I cried because I had no shoes - until I saw a man who had no feet.
Professor Brensec
Major
Major

Re: Chemical weapons facility?

Postby ozzy72 » Tue Mar 25, 2003 12:56 am

Hi Brensec, as I understand it the French said they would only get involved if chemical weapons were used by Saddam.
However British forces found a number of missiles in a bunker yesterday, and some weapons made by a certain British company, which is denying everything! Inspite of the fact that they are in their crates. Either the international arms trade is getting really good, or they are lying. You draw a conclusion!

Ozzy ::)
There are two types of aeroplane, Spitfires and everything else that wishes it was a Spitfire!
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby BFMF » Tue Mar 25, 2003 1:00 am

Hi Brensec, as I understand it the French said they would only get involved if chemical weapons were used by Saddam.

Are they gonna wait untill saddam nukes us, the middle east and gasses millions?
Last edited by BFMF on Tue Mar 25, 2003 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
BFMF
Colonel
Colonel

Postby RIC_BARKER » Tue Mar 25, 2003 2:12 am

I just heard on BBC1 (about 3 mins ago) that Saddam has given the green light on the use of chemical weapons by his Elite guard troops. You can draw your own conclusion there I think!

Have you noticed the way Saddam is an anagram of "Mad Sad"?

Ric B.
RIC_BARKER
Captain
Captain

Postby Hagar » Tue Mar 25, 2003 2:55 am

I would just like to point out that the Western powers were the first to use chemical weapons in anger. Mustard gas was commonly used during WWI, first by the Germans & then the British. I knew several victims of this terrible & disgusting weapon which ruined their health for the rest of their lives. They were the lucky ones as many more were killed, blinded or made total invalids. Preparations were in place to repel the expected German invasion of England in 1940 by setting fire to the sea & releasing mustard gas from pipes buried under the beaches. I have no doubt these would have been used in the event of an invasion. I dare say these & more disgusting weapons were & are still being developed & produced at the top secret Porton Down research establishment. If what Ozzy says is true, Saddam's weapons possibly originated from a British arms dealer, even worse with the knowledge & approval of the government.

I think it's a tad hypocritical to criticise anyone for using every means at their disposal to defend their country against invasion. As Goering found out to his chagrin, people tend to fight hardest when defending their homeland & their backs are against the wall. One thing about gas, it's very susceptible to wind changes. If they're not very careful it will blow right back over those who released it. This was also a common occurence in WWI.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby ozzy72 » Tue Mar 25, 2003 6:04 am

I regret to report that what I heard was correct Hagar. The arms business is not the most ethical trade in the world.
Apparently Mr. Bush has been having words with Mr. Putin over Russian materials that have turned up. I'd imagine MI6 are trying to hide any evidence of their involvement in arranging/agreeing to these shipments of British weapons, and those sort of things can't happen without their complicity.
Also Republican Guards units have been issued with chemical warfare equipment now! Oh ****!!!!
As for the nerve agents, most of the ones Saddam has come from Britain and America, back in the early 80s we supported him against Iran, as we viewed Islamic fundamentalism as far more dangerous, whereas the Iraqis had the age old emnity with 'The Persian'.
So yup not only did we train his forces, but we equipped them with some of the most deadly weapons known to man! Most of that stuff was developed by us, and has come full circle. :(

Ozzy
Last edited by ozzy72 on Tue Mar 25, 2003 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
There are two types of aeroplane, Spitfires and everything else that wishes it was a Spitfire!
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby pete » Tue Mar 25, 2003 7:07 am

There are 2 golden rules in any war.

1. Don't believe what you hear. Some things will be true. Some will not.

2. There is no black & white of good & bad. Like it or not - both sides contain both elements. The Geneva Convention has already been broken by both sides & will continue this way.

Historians may spend years analysing what has happened here (I sincerely hope it won't be that serious) & never - in the past or the future - has the 'current news' reflected the true story.

We all know from the past - facts come out gradually - as time creates a buffer zone for public acceptance.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Professor Brensec » Tue Mar 25, 2003 7:15 am

I never had any doubt that any of the “naughty” weapons that Iraq had/has were procured from the west (US, GB, even Russia) at some time. The fact is, we now know he has them and will use them. He lied and lied and lied and stalled and lied and stalled for 12 years. I can’t believe the issue is now one of “where did he get them”.

The UN decided 12 years ago that he could not be trusted with them and a number of resolutions were passed to ensure he disarmed.

Now that it is proven that he has them. There is no more logical room for argument or debate. Those who wanted UN sanction before, now have it in the form of the original resolutions (still valid for military intervention, if he is proven to have weapons of mass destruction).

The protesters may as well go home because they now have nothing to protest over. This is now a UN sanctioned operation with full moral and legal support from the international forum for disputes. The criteria have been met for military intervention.

My only question is, when are all the other UN nations going to chip in and help with disarming madmen and liberating a decent people from what has now been proven to be a lying, deceiving, cowardly, conniving, untrustworthy, murderous bunch of Nazi thugs.  ;D

I can get carried away, it takes a bit sometimes, but........... ;)
http://www.ra.online-plus.biz

I cried because I had no shoes - until I saw a man who had no feet.
Professor Brensec
Major
Major

Postby Lethal.Ambition » Wed Mar 26, 2003 9:27 pm

Around 50 miles now. Guys, try tuning MSNBC and forget it belongs to MSN. They have greatnews and i tune 24/7. Just posting to say that kids at my school are not calling him: Saddam Insane
Oderint Dum Metuant - Let them hate as long as they fear.
Proud member of the =XE= Xtreme Eagles
Oderint Dum Metuant
Lethal.Ambition
Major
Major

Return to General Discussion