Iraq

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

Iraq

Postby Boris_G » Fri Feb 21, 2003 3:17 pm

what airplanes will USA use in its war agains Iraq?
what bases is it gonna use?
Dell Dimension 8200
2.49MHz
1GB RAM
64 MB DDR Nvidia GeForce4 Ti4200
Boris_G
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Iraq

Postby ozzy72 » Fri Feb 21, 2003 3:29 pm

The Turkey arrangement looks to be sorted now, and there is a base on the Eastern coast of Romania that will be used. Otherwise all the bases will be in Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait etc.
As for aircraft, well almost everything in their arsenal I should imagine from F117s to A10s, B2s to B52s.

Ozzy
There are two types of aeroplane, Spitfires and everything else that wishes it was a Spitfire!
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Tequila Sunrise » Fri Feb 21, 2003 4:04 pm

I thought the Saudis' weren't going to let western aircraft land at their bases ??? And then theres the 6 carrier groups 5 USN and 1 RN.
If someone with multiple personality disorder threatens suicide, is it a hostage situation?

Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee
Tequila Sunrise
Major
Major

Postby Crumbso » Fri Feb 21, 2003 4:07 pm

Well monitering activity in england quite alot of tornado Gr.4's F.3's and some jaguars have flown off to the gulf and a few aircraft carriers with a whole load of harriers have moved away over near turkey on an"exercise" ::) .
Crumbso
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby pete » Fri Feb 21, 2003 6:30 pm

[concience mode on].... & all for one man. An oppressor & dictator who has killed over 1 million of his own, already oppressed, people & who will - if the going gets tough, be off in one of his multitude of private jets. He is a multi billionaire with secret
Last edited by pete on Fri Feb 21, 2003 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Blade » Fri Feb 21, 2003 6:32 pm

For the US Navy it will be F-14D Tomcats, F/A-18C-F Hornets, S-3 Vikings, SH-60 Seahawks, and E-2 Hawkeyes, along with C-2 Greyhounds for logistics. For the US Air Force, it will be F-15C and E Eagles, F-16C/D Falcons, F-117A Nighthawks, B-2 Spirits, B-52 Stratofortresses, RC-135 Rivet Joints, E-3 Sentrys, KC-135 Stratotankers, KC-10 Extenders, C-130 Hercules, C-5 Galaxys, C-17 Globemasters, and HH-60 Pavehawks. For the US Army, it will be AH-64 Apaches, CH-47 Chinooks, and UH-60 Blackhawks. For the US Marines it will be UH-1 Hueys, and CH-46 Seanights. Also don't forget the Marines amphibious carriers, they carry our own AV-8B Harriers.

Dell 4550
P4 2.53Ghz
512MB DDR SDRAM
GeForceFX 5900 129MB
60GB HD @ 7200RPM
PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN
Blade
Major
Major

Postby tvale80 » Fri Feb 21, 2003 7:27 pm

Blade

Dont forget the B1Bs of the 28th Bomb Wing
tvale80
Captain
Captain

Postby Blade » Fri Feb 21, 2003 9:39 pm

DOH!  ::)

Dell 4550
P4 2.53Ghz
512MB DDR SDRAM
GeForceFX 5900 129MB
60GB HD @ 7200RPM
PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN
Blade
Major
Major

Postby Crumbso » Sat Feb 22, 2003 10:30 am

I am not a hippy or anything but I disagree with the war. Saddam is an awful leader true but he has total control of his people becuase he opresses them with his secret police. I just believe that we should wait a get a clearer goal with better evidence. We will have soldiers that don't have any clear goal or really know who the're fighting. This could turn into another vietnam.  I for one am ashamed of my country for getting into this ridiculous situation. If it was really about saddam just send in some SAS or assasins. Its all about bloody oil. Yes saddam needs to be taken down but not the rest of his country. Its the point Francis Coppola was trying to make with his film "Apocolypse Now". We have a person who we thought that we had control of but the moment we feel we lose that control we go ballistic and will do anything to get him.

I am just ashamed of my government.
Crumbso
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Tequila Sunrise » Sat Feb 22, 2003 12:06 pm

(sarcasm mode)no, no, no. Its not about oil, its about "weapons of mass destruction", you know, the ones that Britain America and France sold to Sadam.
Anyone see that sketch show on Ch4 "between Iraq and a hard place"? It was funny as hell, and took the p*** out of the Brittish Army and most of the big shots in washington ;D
If someone with multiple personality disorder threatens suicide, is it a hostage situation?

Tequila Sunrise
Major
Major

Postby Woodlouse2002 » Sat Feb 22, 2003 4:49 pm

People get real. Saddam needs to be removed. He should have been removed in 1991 when we had the chance to. But did we? No. If saddam isn't a theat at the moment then he will be in the future. As our rediculos prime minister said "If I told you in August 2001 that there was a terrorist network called Al queda that is a potential threat that must be removed. You would all have disagreed then as you are doing now." The fact is that saddam needs to be removed. He rules a dictatorship and kills his own people. Gasses any who oppose him and uses civillians to protect his industries by forcing them to live there.

Please. If he isn't disposed of now then he will be in a few years after many many civillians have been killed.
Woodlouse2002 PITA and BAR!!!!!!!!

Our Sovereign Lord the King chargeth and commandeth all persons, being assembled, immediately to disperse themselves, and peaceably to depart to their habitations, or to their lawful business, upon the pains c
Woodlouse2002
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Woodlouse2002 » Sat Feb 22, 2003 4:50 pm

Oh and a note to you Americans. Please don't kill so many of us Brits this time. Remember. Were on your side. ;)
Woodlouse2002 PITA and BAR!!!!!!!!

Our Sovereign Lord the King chargeth and commandeth all persons, being assembled, immediately to disperse themselves, and peaceably to depart to their habitations, or to their lawful business, upon the pains c
Woodlouse2002
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Tequila Sunrise » Sat Feb 22, 2003 6:01 pm

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for removing Sadam. But why do you need a few hundred fighters, 5 aircraft carriers and 120,000+ infantry to kill one man, if one sniper and one bullet can do the job?

Tequila Sunrise
Major
Major

Postby denishc » Sat Feb 22, 2003 10:36 pm

Crazy Craig,
 I know one man one bullet sounds like a good idea, but how long before another bully or thug takes Saddam's place and the whole mess begins again?

I have to agree with Woodlouse, but going to war should not be taken lightly and all options should be explored before force is used.  Unfortunatly force and violance are the only things some people understand.

And, once the war is over, what then?  Station troops there for the next 40 years, like what was done in eastern Europe after the Second World War, or until that region stabilizes?  I belive in 1991 that option was not feasible, too many different factions in play, so what has changed to make it viable now?
denishc
Captain
Captain

Postby Smoke2much » Sun Feb 23, 2003 12:39 am

This is a tricky one that seems to have polarised public opinion opinion here in the UK.  I am firmly on the fence.  The child in me that remembers round 1 back in '91 can't wait to see the patriots starting to fly - the best firework show I ever saw was footage from Bagdad when we hit it with some cruise missiles.

The adult in me who has accident and emergency experience as a registered nurse deplores the possibility of war and the pain and suffering that events like the "firework" show I mention above will cause.

Dictatorships like Hussains (I am not on 1st name terms with him) are evil and need to be stopped.  But the reasons seem to be more revenge based than anything else.  I cannot perceive that Iraq is a danger to anyone but Iraq.  The "Links" with Bin-Laden are a joke.  Time will tell as to whether these links are real, but as it is the victor who writes the history books I am sure we will see plenty of evidence in the next three months.

Will ???
Who switched the lights off?
Smoke2much
Major
Major

Next

Return to General Discussion