Iraq

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

Re: Iraq

Postby Tequila Sunrise » Sun Feb 23, 2003 9:15 am

The reason troops were stationed in europe after WWII was not to keep an eye on Germany, but to prevent a Soviet invasion.
If someone with multiple personality disorder threatens suicide, is it a hostage situation?

Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee
Tequila Sunrise
Major
Major

Postby Woodlouse2002 » Sun Feb 23, 2003 11:57 am

Its true what craig says. Germany wasn't going to do anything after WWII. There country had been completely destroyed. We stayed there to help rebuild there economy and to prevent the ruskies from invading. Thats why just about all of the allied forces left europe for there own respective countries in 1990.
Woodlouse2002 PITA and BAR!!!!!!!!

Our Sovereign Lord the King chargeth and commandeth all persons, being assembled, immediately to disperse themselves, and peaceably to depart to their habitations, or to their lawful business, upon the pains c
Woodlouse2002
Colonel
Colonel

Postby denishc » Sun Feb 23, 2003 3:29 pm

So after the war's over do you believe the winning nations are simple going to pull out and leave Iraq with a political void?  Ofcourse not!  That would only be inviting another dictator to assume power or lead to civil war for the Iraqi people as varring factions struggle for contol.
 No, they'll want to establish a "democratic" style goverment that will need protection until it matures and can protect itself.  How long will this take?  Who knows.

denishc
Captain
Captain

Postby Woodlouse2002 » Sun Feb 23, 2003 6:23 pm

All we were saying is that we didn't stay in germany after the war to keep dictators from taking over.

We will have to keep men in Iraq after the up and comming war but it is somthing that has to be done. If it dosn't happen now then it will in 2/5/10 years so lets get it over with. You president seems to have his mind set to war so I doubt whether a few discontent flight sim enthusiasts are going to change his mind.
Woodlouse2002 PITA and BAR!!!!!!!!

Our Sovereign Lord the King chargeth and commandeth all persons, being assembled, immediately to disperse themselves, and peaceably to depart to their habitations, or to their lawful business, upon the pains c
Woodlouse2002
Colonel
Colonel

;DRe: Iraq

Postby Smoke2much » Sun Feb 23, 2003 8:16 pm

I love these political threads!

The great thing about living in a democracy is that you don't have to publicly agree with the govt, no-one is going to disapear in the night after posting a message on here.

My second point is that M$ don't listen to a bunch of discontented flight sim enthusiasts so what chance do we have with our respective govenements?

Will  
Who switched the lights off?
Smoke2much
Major
Major

Postby denishc » Sun Feb 23, 2003 11:58 pm

Just to get back to what this thread was about:  Aircraft that would be used if there was a war..........

During the Gulf War, in 1991, there was much buzz about prototype stealth aircraft such as the "Aurora" and "Black Manta" being used for reconnaissance and target designation, yet during the Afgan War I haven't heard anything about these aircraft.
 If these aircraft do exist, certainly after ten years more progress has proceeded on them.  It'll be intersting to see if rumors of "super" or "unclassified" aircraft begin to spread.  
denishc
Captain
Captain

Postby Fly2e » Mon Feb 24, 2003 10:28 am

:-X I am not getting involved in this type of thread!! The last time I did, the thread was locked !!!!! :-X
COMING SOON!
Fly2e
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Tequila Sunrise » Mon Feb 24, 2003 1:21 pm

"leaving a political void" has been done before (WW1 Germany, Iraq after the first gulf war, and Argentina after the falklands) yet politicians never learn so regardless of what is said beforehand, they will make a mess of it and the Iraqi people may still harbour a hatred for westerners.
If someone with multiple personality disorder threatens suicide, is it a hostage situation?

Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee
Tequila Sunrise
Major
Major

Postby BFMF » Mon Feb 24, 2003 2:03 pm

[quote]During the Gulf War, in 1991, there was much buzz about prototype stealth aircraft such as the "Aurora" and "Black Manta" being used for reconnaissance and target designation, yet during the Afgan War I haven't heard anything about these aircraft.
BFMF
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Professor Brensec » Mon Feb 24, 2003 11:50 pm

As for Australia, our Air Force contribution has been one Sqdn of FA-18's and one in-air refueler. It's not much but we don't have much. But they are already there.

Our Prime Minister is having a bad time in respect of his "supposed" blind following of the U.S. But I think a majority of Australians agree with the action that is being prepared for.

Sixty odd years ago, how could anyone have thought then, that the "Never Again" or "The price of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance" slogans and warnings would actually turn out to be necessary. And then, AGAIN, not be heeded. I feel silly to be a member of the human race.
All this man needs is one chemical, biological or nuclear weapon and he can cause the deaths of tens, maybe even hundreds of thousands of people, any where he or his terrorist mates want in the world. And don't think for a moment he won't do it.

The United Nations, after 12 years of sanctions, resolutions and threats has acheived absolutely nothing but the suffering of the innocent Iraqi citizens by allowing Hussein to deny them the necessities, while he uses his "oil credits" to further arms development and stockpiling. The inspectors know they're there, so does the UN and so do we.

The UN has proven to be as effective as the League of Nations was. And every world leader except US, Britain and Australia have turned out to be a bunch of Nevil Chamberlains, Petains and Dukes of Windsor. How foolish to allow it to happen again. How utterly soul destroying.

The only question we will need to ask, if the US and it's allies don't move soon is "How long and how many millions..............this time).

It's not about oil. When the UN (not US) forces kicked him out of Kuwait, they didn't take over the oil. They kindly put out the fires and gave control of everything back to the Kuwaitis.
That also brings up another subject. The total and utter destruction of an ecological system and area of the world which no generation alive now, will ever see in it's original state.
The joke is that the people who protest against this proposed military action are the same ones who protest about any kind of ecological irresposibility.

I don't know. Sometimes the people of the world really dishearten me.  ??? :'( :-/ ::) :o
http://www.ra.online-plus.biz

I cried because I had no shoes - until I saw a man who had no feet.
Professor Brensec
Major
Major

Postby BFMF » Tue Feb 25, 2003 1:17 am

I just don't understand other people. People are protesting war and saddam husein is just loving it.

I may not agree 100% with everything President Bush is doing, but saddam NEEDS to be taken care of. he needs to be disarmed. Think about it, the UN inspectors found some missles that he claimed he didn't have, what else does he have? He doesn't even have proof of the destruction of the biological weopons that we know he used to have, so where are they?
BFMF
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Redsunfox » Wed Feb 26, 2003 2:55 am

>:(
Last edited by Redsunfox on Wed Feb 26, 2003 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Redsunfox
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Professor Brensec » Thu Feb 27, 2003 3:10 am

[quote] >:(

Professor Brensec
Major
Major

Postby BFMF » Thu Feb 27, 2003 3:28 am

[quote]
Last edited by BFMF on Thu Feb 27, 2003 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
BFMF
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Professor Brensec » Thu Feb 27, 2003 3:41 am

I don't think debating would have saved any of the jews who were murdured during the holocaust. I doubt debating with Hitler would have stopped him from taking over Europe. Remember when Japan tried to "talk things through"? It turned out they were just stalling for time to attack Pearl Harbour.

Stalling is exactly what Hussein is doing.
When it's obvious to everyone in the world that he is eventually going to have to disarm or be disarmed and it's just a matter of time, it raises the question, is his stalling just arrogance or part of a "time buying" plan.

As I said before, he seems to be letting things get to a point where things are about to blow, and then he throws a bone to the UN, just enough to get them talking (what they do best) again.  ;D ;D ;)

Professor Brensec
Major
Major

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion