Iraq

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

Re: Iraq

Postby Fozzer » Mon Mar 10, 2003 4:18 pm

I understood that discussions regarding politics, religion, race, etc, was discouraged on these Forums.
I am an English member of the San Francisco KRON4 Forum, and the flaming that goes on there between Americans and each other, and Americans and the rest of the world is terrifying!
I just peep in to have a look, and try not to get involved.
Much too stressfull...!
It is normally a delight to go to the Simviation Forums to get some light-hearted relief from all that grief and aggravation....!
Please leave it to other Forums for fisticuffs...!
Thanks...

Cheers...
Paul.
(England).
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Zero_Bubble » Mon Mar 10, 2003 11:11 pm

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

We've heard day in and day out about people demonstrating against the US and Britain for planning to wage war against Iraq. Has anyone heard of Asian countries such as Korea, Japan, China, Taiwan, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, and others openly demonstrating also. Has anyone also heard of South American countries from Panama all the way down to Brazil and Chile openly demonstrating against the war with Iraq? Seems to me like it's only the French and the Germans plus some factions in the US. Not even Russia have open demonstration. I wonder why.

Zero Bubble
Zero_Bubble
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby pete » Tue Mar 11, 2003 11:33 am

I understood that discussions regarding politics, religion, race, etc, was discouraged on these Forums.
I am an English member of the San Francisco KRON4 Forum, and the flaming that goes on there between Americans and each other, and Americans and the rest of the world is terrifying!
I just peep in to have a look, and try not to get involved.
Much too stressfull...!
It is normally a delight to go to the Simviation Forums to get some light-hearted relief from all that grief and aggravation....!
Please leave it to other Forums for fisticuffs...!
Thanks...

Cheers...
Paul.
(England).

I'll just underline that  8)

This is an FS & machines that avoid gravity forum - so please guys treat this place like a restaurant - enjoy the food but please - keep off emotional highly charged topics because good friends will be lost.

Like Fozzer says - this is a place to enjoy - & avoid the nastiness that goes on out there in the big wide world.  8)
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby BFMF » Tue Mar 11, 2003 12:53 pm

[quote]Like Fozzer says - this is a place to enjoy - & avoid the nastiness that goes on out there in the big wide world.
BFMF
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Professor Brensec » Thu Mar 13, 2003 6:36 am

There is always more to be said. Someone who has just one more bit of input that may clarify or support their point of view.

But, in the end, I suppose we've managed to cover most areas of a quite controversial subject in a very civilised and congenial manner. I've read through the entire thread and it seems to me to be just a discussion about a "current affair" in which there have been no explosions of emotion or demonstrations of rudeness or nasty insinuations.

So, if we call it a day now, I suppose we can say that we can do it. We can look back in a few months and say "remeber that 4 page thread about Iraq in which everyone was calm and considerate and there was no animosity at all".  ;D ;)

Congrats people!  ;D 8)
http://www.ra.online-plus.biz

I cried because I had no shoes - until I saw a man who had no feet.
Professor Brensec
Major
Major

Postby Fly2e » Mon Mar 17, 2003 2:03 pm

Last edited by Fly2e on Mon Mar 17, 2003 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
COMING SOON!
Fly2e
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Professor Brensec » Tue Mar 18, 2003 12:18 am

At the risk of prolonging a discussion that we have been warned can come to grief if not handled in a sensitive and considerate way, I need to say the following:

Firstly, thankyou to Fly2E fr your insights. I can only agree 100%.

I fear the prospect of war at any level for my countrymen and those of the US and UK. Also all the other UN nations which may take part if the UN council gives its' "blessing" by including the use of immediate force to disarm Hussein and to free the Iraqi people (the latter of which, there seems to be too liitle discussion among the powerful and mighty). After all, we are talking about an enslaved people in terms of housing, food, medical services and supplies and more (the least of which is not freedom) at the hands of a man who would gas his own, and environmentally destroy there own backyard out of sheer childish vindictiveness.

I have learnt that UN resolutions do NOT expire or become invalid over time (unless specifically negated by way of another resolution), so this being the case, I have also learnt that the UN member nations (includung the US, UK and Australia) already have the UN resolutions from twelve years ago to justify, legally and morally, continuing to pursue the necessary exercises undertaken in 1991.

If, and all things point towards it, war in the M.E. ends up being the result, are the antiwar proponents going to be at the docks and airbases to spit on those who return? We know they are capable of it, don't we?
Will it take 10 years to apologise, this time?

I hope not.

Our newspapers and television (at least in Sydney) is now featuring Armed Service personnel asking the general populace to understand that the freedom they have to protest and criticise has to be defended and they would, as fellow Australians, like to feel that their countrymen support them. Why is something so sad, necessary?
http://www.ra.online-plus.biz

I cried because I had no shoes - until I saw a man who had no feet.
Professor Brensec
Major
Major

Postby BFMF » Tue Mar 18, 2003 12:32 am

Well said, Fly2E. As much as everyone hates war, it is sometimes necessary for good to triumph over evil nomatter the costs
BFMF
Colonel
Colonel

Postby ATI_7500 » Tue Mar 18, 2003 8:35 am

very true, I come here to escape reality ;D ;)

what? there's a reality?? ;D
ATI_7500

Previous

Return to General Discussion