Were you in the Delta Force also?

No
Former member
Romulus111VADT
Major
Major

Re: What's your handle?

Postby Tequila Sunrise » Sun Mar 09, 2003 10:28 am

Crazy: refer to "How low can you go" and "Much tougher than flying low" in the raw screenshots forum, also I jump out of pefectly good airoplanes for fun ;D
Craig: its my name :P
If someone with multiple personality disorder threatens suicide, is it a hostage situation?

Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee
Tequila Sunrise
Major
Major

Postby Rifleman » Mon Mar 10, 2003 12:22 am

Go back in time when Mike Connors did a TV show called "Rifleman"....gee thats my name......when I was in high school after this show had been cancelled but still on the air, a good friend of mine watched the show and thought it was me.....I had a strong resemblance to MC when I was in my latter teens............
Rifleman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby BMan1113VR » Mon Mar 10, 2003 1:46 am

Why were you called that?

sorry just noticed this, when i got out of the academy, i was very tall and aged looking, i also had bleeched my hair white, i also hunched a tad bit in the neck area, someone called me an oldman and the name The Old Man stuck

my friends have another theory though, i play bass and the guitar and other things that blister your hands. my friends thought that they might be talking about the charactor Santiago from The Old Man and the Sea, who had very battered hands from fighting with the marlin. the 1st theory is the correct one ;)
Sincerely,
Me

SimV NFL 2006-2007 Season Pool Co-Champion (157-99; 9-2)
SimV NFL 2005-2006 Season Pool Co-Champion (163-93)
SimV NFL 2004-2005 Season Pool Champion (1
BMan1113VR
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby BFMF » Mon Mar 10, 2003 2:30 am

i see ;)
BFMF
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Professor Brensec » Mon Mar 10, 2003 4:18 am

73/74- which should really confuse most history buffs. The history books all say the US pulled out of Vietnam in 1973. Most people don't realize that we maintained a presents there until May 1975. Even thought many units technically "pulled out" in 1973...the US maintained a presents there militarily speaking until the embassy fell. Many Special Operation forces were there until the evacuation of the embassy. Which is what cracks me up about the history books claiming we left in 1973 and then turn around and show the helicopter evacuation to US Naval ships in 1975.

The "1973" version has always amazed me too. The films showing the Embassy staff and "last minute" friendlies being evacuated from the roof, while an NVA tank crashes through the gates, shows many military personell (definitely not embassy security staff).
Also there have been a number of true to life movies depicting the units that were still actively engaged there after the "official" withdrawal.  ;D ;D ;)
Last edited by Professor Brensec on Mon Mar 10, 2003 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.ra.online-plus.biz

I cried because I had no shoes - until I saw a man who had no feet.
Professor Brensec
Major
Major

Postby Zero_Bubble » Mon Mar 10, 2003 10:59 pm

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

This I will attest to because I was there. Late in 1975 I was in Guam where my ship was undergoing overhaul. However, instead of leaving for Westpac after the overhaul, we were ordered to stay a few more weeks longer in Guam to help with the Vietnamese refugees who were coming in in droves, by ship and air. Now that was an experience. Therefore it seemed more likely that we pulled out of Vietnam sometime in early or mid '75. Ironically, the Vietnam war was the only war we won. It is the only country of a former enemy whereby we have not left any occupation troops, and the 'Congs want us back. Half a century after the last "good" war, we still have  troops in Germany and Japan. We still have troops in Korea, Bosnia, Afghanistan, Nicaragua, Haiti, Okinawa, Kuwait, etc.

Zero Bubble
Zero_Bubble
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby WebbPA » Mon Mar 10, 2003 11:49 pm

Mike Connors did a TV show called "Rifleman"
Sorry, it was Chuck Connors.

I knew my memory wasn't that bad.  Mike Connors was Mannix. - hard boiled and often beaten up detective.

My only personal Vietnam story is:

Born in '55.

Registered for the draft, wasn't looking forward to the Army.  :-/

Got a high lottery number. :)

Draft was discontinued the next year.
WebbPA
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Rifleman » Tue Mar 11, 2003 12:50 am

[quote]
Sorry, it was Chuck Connors.
I knew my memory wasn't that bad.
Rifleman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby OakRaiders » Tue Mar 11, 2003 12:51 am

The Oak is for OAKLAND and i am a Life time Raiders FAN!!!!!
But born in Brooklyn and once lived in oakland for about 3 years back in my childhood days .
Yes this guy is a New Yorker but his pashion for football started in Oakland.
Last edited by OakRaiders on Tue Mar 11, 2003 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
OakRaiders
Captain
Captain

Postby WebbPA » Tue Mar 11, 2003 2:09 am

OakRaiders, we LOVE guys like you in South Florida.

Apparently automobiles in NYAWK aren't equipped with turn signals so when you come down here you don't know how to use them on your rented cars. You taught us that a horn and a finger are as good as a turn signal any day.

If you didn't know it we have a local football ("American Football" for the Euros) team here and we just LOVE it when NYAWKers crowd the local bars ("Pubs" for the Euros) with their F%$#% NYAWK jerseys and cheer for their F%$#@# NYWAK team (usually Jets v Dolphins).

So now you're in NY cheering for the Raiders?  I would like to buy an insurance policy on your life.

(PS - In case anyone is inclined to take this seriously - DON'T!  I'm just praying for an early end to the tourist season so I can play cheap golf again.  I am sure OakRaiders is a decent person despite his bizzare sports affinities.)
WebbPA
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby OakRaiders » Thu Mar 13, 2003 4:08 am

;D your a funny guy!
Rented car it's not in my blood ,got the neon blue turn signals and tha AirHorn on the Impala doinn 90 on the Blvd cutting off 90 year olds from Florida , your not a 1000 years old are ya
Last edited by OakRaiders on Thu Mar 13, 2003 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OakRaiders
Captain
Captain

Postby Professor Brensec » Thu Mar 13, 2003 6:18 am

[quote] >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

This I will attest to because I was there. Late in 1975 I was in Guam where my ship was undergoing overhaul. However, instead of leaving for Westpac after the overhaul, we were ordered to stay a few more weeks longer in Guam to help with the Vietnamese refugees who were coming in in droves, by ship and air. Now that was an experience. Therefore it seemed more likely that we pulled out of Vietnam sometime in early or mid '75. Ironically, the Vietnam war was the only war we won. It is the only country of a former enemy whereby we have not left any occupation troops, and the 'Congs want us back. Half a century after the last "good" war, we still have
http://www.ra.online-plus.biz

I cried because I had no shoes - until I saw a man who had no feet.
Professor Brensec
Major
Major

Previous

Return to General Discussion