Ahhhh, those were the days....

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

Re: Ahhhh, those were the days....

Postby Professor Brensec » Mon Mar 10, 2003 5:19 am

Raising kids worked the "old way" for a couple of hundred thousand years and the new way that is 40 years old or so is better?

Now kids are not raised by parents - they are raised by a commitee consisting of teachers with agendas, government meddlers, MTV, Hollywood, Gangsta Rappers and Madison Avenue.

You know what they said about a horse designed by commitee.

I believe current times to be quite different than the generation gaps of old.

It does seem that so much is more acceptable in these times. It's alright to be angry and show it in public. It's alright to not think of the future and decide to live off your fellow citizens. It's alright to do almost anything so long as you get away with it!
Is it the kids attitude or is it the things they are exposed to. Or is it our generations' fault (baby boomers).

I do think that the so called "authorities" these days, have far too greater say in how and what a parent is permitted to do to raise a child.

But then, there is the other side of the coin, where there are, what seems to be, a far greater number of parents that you wouldn't trust to raise a goldfish. These are an example of where and when the authorities should be interfering and taking over the reins.

So, I suppose, the question progresses to become: Why so many inept, uncaring or ambivalent parents. Are they a product of the previous generation?

Worldwide acces to communication, advertising, media, different ideas (good or bad) and influences of a sometimes insidious nature, must have something to do with all that is.

What did happen to consideration, common decency and concern for others? They still exist. I see it in my kids and others' kids. I see it in this forum. I see it in the most unlikely of places. So why is there a general feeling that things are so different (for the worst).
Is it an age thing? Do all generations go through this?
Is it just people over 30 that are thinking and feeling this?

I don't know.  ??? ??? :-[
http://www.ra.online-plus.biz

I cried because I had no shoes - until I saw a man who had no feet.
Professor Brensec
Major
Major

Previous

Return to General Discussion