Helicopter$

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

Re: Helicopter$

Postby robbo1 » Sun Feb 02, 2003 9:21 pm

Sure, for fixed wing there are FANTASTIC A/C.  But rotary wing payware is somewhat lacking.
robbo1
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Slider » Mon Feb 03, 2003 9:35 pm

You guys forget that there are still excellent payware packages out there.

It's not the quality that i doubt. Its the fact that they're charging $20-40 for ONE aircraft. Maybe if they offered a package of a few different aircraft for that price, of the same quality it might be more appealing to the Customer. There is however some payware out there that is not even close to being worth the $$$. I don't have a problem with those seeing as I wouldn't download them if they were free anyways lol. ;D
AMD Duron 900mhz, 384mb RAM, 32mb TNT2 Video Card.
Slider
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Iroquois » Mon Feb 03, 2003 9:38 pm

Paying for any flight sim addons is crazy when there are so many free ones. Paying for sim aircraft is almost like paying someone to breath their air.
[center]I only pretend to know what I'm talking about. Heck, that's what lawyers, car mechanics, and IT professionals do everyday. ;)
The Rig:
AMD Athlon XP2000+ Palomino, ECS K7S5A 3.1, 1GB PC2700 DDR, Geforce FX5200 128mb, SB Live P
Iroquois
Major
Major

Postby OakRaiders » Mon Feb 03, 2003 9:43 pm

Paying for any flight sim addons is crazy when there are so many free ones. Paying for sim aircraft is almost like paying someone to breath their air.

Amen!
I learnd that the hard way paying for helicopters :-/
OakRaiders
Captain
Captain

Postby xgsft » Mon Feb 17, 2003 7:54 pm

Ok, heres my thoughts on payware.  I really don't mind it too much. However I agree that the groups that make the stuff are getting out of hand.  More and more pop up each day. It SEEMS every designer is out to make a $, rather than contribute to the hobby.  Which is really a shame as this is for people who cant fly in real.  I am also appauled at some of the attitudes of the people making payware.  Lou, one of Dreemfleet's team, is one of the more arrogant characters i've seen. He is deffinantly in it for the $.  I have emailed mircosoft and told them about the greed in the FS community and I hope they take care of the problem.  I'm atleast hoping they make it harder for people to do payware. Or if they go the path of Blizzard and say no payware period.  For those who wish to send Microsoft your thoughts on the current situation here is the link to comments page : http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/su ... us&gssnb=1

Have a good one all! :)
xgsft

Postby Slider » Mon Feb 17, 2003 8:29 pm

With the threat of hackers, i don't think having your Credit Card number on the net is even safe.
Last edited by Slider on Mon Feb 17, 2003 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AMD Duron 900mhz, 384mb RAM, 32mb TNT2 Video Card.
Slider
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby robbo1 » Mon Feb 17, 2003 11:01 pm

Some of these addons were revolutionary for their time.   A common example is the LZ Blackhawks.  When they came out... they were the hottest items on the market.  Now, however, they are obselete, being no match for most of the helicopters now being released, but they're still charging as much, and in some cases more, for the same obselete model.  
However, I see no need to shoot down payware.  The design utility for a payware AC is very expensive.  A few hundred $ I believe.  To pay that off, some charges must be applied.  However, charging even $15 for a single aircraft seems somewhat rediculous, considering there is an unrestricted, worldwide market for your product.  Making a living ripping a bunch of kids (undoubtedly the highest % of customers) off is morally wrong.  This must stop.  
robbo1
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby xgsft » Tue Feb 18, 2003 9:35 pm

True robbo1, I somewhat agree with no need to shoot down payware.  I just think way too many people are taking that path, thats why I have gone against them and wrote MS on the subject.  Personally with all the payware comming out plus the high prices, I think they brought this on themselves!
xgsft

Postby BFMF » Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:21 am

[quote]I have emailed mircosoft and told them about the greed in the FS community and I hope they take care of the problem.
BFMF
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Splash » Wed Feb 19, 2003 11:49 am

;DYeah Slider, see the news today, "Intruder accesses 8 million credit card numbers".  Wow!!!  Excuse me while I go check my credit cards!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D
Splash
Splash

Postby torquestripe » Wed Feb 19, 2003 5:31 pm

The bell 47 I downloaded(Bell47_gmax) a few days ago from simviation is GREAT. I worked on helicopters in the Navy for 15 years and when you shut down the engine and move the controls the swashplate inputs are clearly visible and very COOL. Very realistic.
The only down side is the French liveries, but this is easily overcome by the whirley birds tv show skin download. This is the best freeware helo I've seen ever and yes it is a recip engine but you should check this one out.
If you look at the tlux black hawk rotor upon shut down the blades spin the wrong way. (Minor but noticeable)
torquestripe
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Previous

Return to General Discussion