Helicopter$

Postby OakRaiders » Tue Jan 28, 2003 8:29 pm

(HELICOPTER$$) Payware all of them it's putting a hole in my pockett  >:(
OakRaiders
Captain
Captain

Re: Helicopter$

Postby BFMF » Tue Jan 28, 2003 8:54 pm

Then I suggest downloading some free helos ;)
BFMF
Colonel
Colonel

Postby robbo1 » Wed Jan 29, 2003 9:19 pm

True, and I have noticed some of the same things.  However the thing that really bugs me is the quality of the payware.  Freeware helos are much better than any payware one that I have found.  The only reason that I am using the LZ Hawks, is that they are the only ones around.  If just about anyone was to make a better hawk, the LZ would go down the tubes.  There are so many problems with LZ helos, there are too many to list, and there have been no attempts to take advantage of the many new advantages of GMAX or FSDS2.  Well, they do have opening doors.....
The freeware Dauphin, Hueys, Bell 222, and the aircraft that started it all, the H500 are infinitely better than any payware helicopter that I have ever seen.  The only problem is this....

Freeware designers have made no Hawks, and people want good hawks.  People have to buy a poor quality model.  We're all getting ripped off, because we have no choice.
To prove my point, why was all of the FS2000 freeware removed from all sites?  They claim it is because one of their payware products was pirated, and they dont want that to happen again.  PLEASE!  The fact is this, the LZ products are the same as they were two years ago, with limited modifications.  If they made newer and better aircraft, then why take away their older models?
We need better aircraft, so competition will make payware designers take more care in desigining their A/C.
robbo1
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby OakRaiders » Wed Jan 29, 2003 10:54 pm

Helicopters are my favorite aircrafts but it's to hard to find new models around ,one of the newest updated helicopters was the Bell407 (PAYWARE-$$) i got that one and it's awsome ,i wish that there where more freeware versions like that you know the Bell's like the Bell 206L longRanger .I'll give you a good one you know the AS350 just look at the fs98 version to fs2002 ones it has a new look like the rest of the 2002 aircrafts why that is i dont know???
OakRaiders
Captain
Captain

Postby OakRaiders » Thu Jan 30, 2003 5:47 am

It's so true!!!!!!!!! >:( :-/ :-/ :'( :'(
OakRaiders
Captain
Captain

Postby striker » Thu Jan 30, 2003 12:11 pm

I agree about Dwight Booth helicopters. I feel they are not worth the purchase. Far over-rated & he removed his freeware aircraft as a con to make people has to pay $$$ for freeware quality stuff. I would pay a little money if the helo was worth it & not just a rehash of an old freeware release.

But there are new guys out there making great freeware helo's. Andr
Last edited by striker on Thu Jan 30, 2003 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
striker
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby OakRaiders » Thu Jan 30, 2003 10:08 pm

I dont know why we have to spend money on FS2002
Helicopters it dose not make any sens i learnd that mistake  :-/ >:( :-/ :'( :'(
OakRaiders
Captain
Captain

Postby Slider » Fri Jan 31, 2003 3:25 am

Who's up for a petition against payware? lol :'(
AMD Duron 900mhz, 384mb RAM, 32mb TNT2 Video Card.
Slider
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Calb » Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:58 pm

Sorry Striker but the Lopez payware helicopter is also flawed merchandise -- a fact I pointed out when some sneak previews were posted over at FlightSim.com.  But they released it anyway.......go figger.

Cal
hover long and prosper
Calb
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby robbo1 » Fri Jan 31, 2003 10:33 pm

I have yet to see one Ray Lopez work that is quality FREEWARE, not even close to payware.  The 407 is very wrong, just a casual glance can see a big flaw.... the tail boom!  It's crooked!  Well, at least we are getting a new FREE Blackhawk.  Mmmmmm.
robbo1
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Slider » Sat Feb 01, 2003 5:46 am

Alright guys here is the deal. We need to take a stand against payware (The Darkside of FS). We need to let the designers know that we will not be purchasing their aircraft. We NEED to do this people or PAYWARE will soon dominate the FS world.
AMD Duron 900mhz, 384mb RAM, 32mb TNT2 Video Card.
Slider
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Jaffa » Sat Feb 01, 2003 11:45 am

Yeah seriously.  Why would I pay like half of what the game costs for just a plane or helo?  If M$ can make the whole game, all the scenery, the 20 or whatever aircraft and charge 40 bucks, then how can these third party guys charge 20 bucks for just an aircraft???
Jaffa
Major
Major

Postby Calb » Sat Feb 01, 2003 6:14 pm

I think trying to actively fight payware is wasting good FS flight time. Don't worry about it. Just ignore it -- that's the best thing you can possibly do.

Ever notice now many patches are being issued to fix broken designs.  They call them "free updates"......gimmee a break.  They rushed to release them and screwed up -- even the biggies are doing it now.  Money, money, money, money, that's what it's all about.

So why do people have such a voracious appetite for payware?  Probably boredom.  If there isn't a constant flow of "new", they throw money at it.  It becomes an addiction.

Rest assured, FS2002 will NOT become more realistic with any add-on, I don't care what it is.

Cal
hover long and prosper
Last edited by Calb on Sat Feb 01, 2003 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Calb
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby OakRaiders » Sat Feb 01, 2003 6:44 pm

Alright guys here is the deal. We need to take a stand against payware (The Darkside of FS). We need to let the designers know that we will not be purchasing their aircraft. We NEED to do this people or PAYWARE will soon dominate the FS world.

This is so true he's right!!!!!!!
Will all aircrafts be payware soon i hope not :'( :'(
OakRaiders
Captain
Captain

Postby BFMF » Sun Feb 02, 2003 2:24 pm

You guys forget that there are still excellent payware packages out there.
BFMF
Colonel
Colonel

Next

Return to General Discussion