Voodoo to GeForce

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

Voodoo to GeForce

Postby stevemitch » Mon Feb 17, 2003 2:53 pm

This is just a warning for anyone thinking of upgrading a Voodoo card to a GeForce.Despite my best efforts to remove all trace of my voodoo card the Geforce kept locking up.After trawling over the net i found several people have had the same problem with voodoo cards leaving something behind.
In the end i had to follow most of the suggestions and format my hard drive and start again.
I am just NOW after 4 days beginning to think it was worth it
stevemitch
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Voodoo to GeForce

Postby Fozzer » Wed Feb 19, 2003 4:39 pm

This is just a warning for anyone thinking of upgrading a Voodoo card to a GeForce.Despite my best efforts to remove all trace of my voodoo card the Geforce kept locking up.After trawling over the net i found several people have had the same problem with voodoo cards leaving something behind.
In the end i had to follow most of the suggestions and format my hard drive and start again.
I am just NOW after 4 days beginning to think it was worth it

Blimey Steve...!
Thats a surprise...!
I've had the 3DFX Banshee, Voodoo 2 2000, and Voodoo 3 3000 cards installed at different times and upgraded to the Hercules/n-Vidia Ge-Force cards with no problems.
Windows '98 SE.
After un-installing the drivers, it has left a few odd files behind but they don't seemed to have affected the running of the 'puter...!

Cheers...
Paul.
(England).

P.S.  ...are you running the dreaded Windows XP...?
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Return to General Discussion