New here

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

New here

Postby SATOROTAS » Fri Jul 05, 2024 7:55 am

Hi!

Since 11 years old I'm into flight simulators, as a kid I was mainly on Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004, FSX and YS flight, now I'm 18 years old and I still have this passion for aeronautic and flight simulation, I went from the kid playing a simulator like a game with his keyboard to a teen that has now a full flight setup (I even do flight in VR with X-Plane now ), I did meet a lot of passionate about flight simulators not only in forums but also in real life one with true home cockpits.
I came here because I had the nostalgy of that "before MFS2020" era where flight simulation were just made of real passionate people, now I think that we did loose that community feeling in flight sim forums because people now do flight simulator as a game and for the graphics (From my POV MFS2023 is slowly becoming GTA :( ) . But I'm sure there stilll a lot of interesting people to meet and knowledge to share.
My current main simulator is X-Plane 11 (not 12 because my GPU can't handle Vulkan but I'm planning to upgrade) and DCS for fighter jets, but I also fly in some less known filght simulator like "World of Aircraft : Glider simulator", Aerofly FS, FlightGear... (I'm also somehow collecting every single flight and space simulator including rerto one). Additionally, I'm passionate about astronautics and love space simulators too.

Hope I will find my small place here.
Emote on this forums are funny lol....
<<q
SATOROTAS
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: New here

Postby Tug002 » Fri Jul 05, 2024 7:38 pm

Welcome to the forum. You will find a lot of good people here.
Tug002
Captain
Captain

Postby cevans » Sat Jul 06, 2024 2:12 am

Welcome! I do think many FSX users have moved on to FS2020 but for various reasons many have not. For me I have such a poor internet connection that all the constant GB's updates make it a pain almost every time I try it and I see it needs another update. I also prefer the control I have with P3D (FSX). I know FS2020 can be tweaked to be what you want but -- I am still with P3D and for now will stick with it.
cevans
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby hertzie » Sat Jul 06, 2024 12:19 pm

A warm wellcome and a lot of safe landings !

hertzie.
hertzie
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to General Discussion