Ozzy

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

Ozzy

Postby eno » Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:09 am

It is with great sadness that I am informing the community of the passing of Ozzy. (Ozzy72)

I do not know of any details as I have just found out via facebook posts.

I was in contact with him only a week or so ago and he was his usual jovial and helpful self.

I know he had many friends on here and was part of the team that kept this place running.

Once I have more details I will add to this thread to keep those of you who dont have facebook informed.

eno
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Ozzy

Postby Fly2e » Sat Apr 15, 2023 1:31 pm

I too found out about this yesterday, I can't believe it. I chat with Mark like every other day. He was planning on coming to NY this summer and we were finally going to have a few pints together. We met here @ SimV Back in 2005 or so. We used to spend hundreds of hours flying together online. We also were Mods here for years as you can see a lot of Mark's posts are still pined. I have no idea what could have happened, totally shocked to hear about this, damn Mark, too young my brother.... We just face-timed each other at Christmas and had a few laughs... Fair Winds...
COMING SOON!
Fly2e
Colonel
Colonel

Postby pete » Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:42 pm

OMG what a shock!
Mark has been part of this site and community for as long as I can remember. What a huge shock. Anyone know how? Way too young.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ftldave » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:59 am

Countless times Mark's posts brought a smile, a laugh. He had a good sense of humor that can be well remembered and admired.
ftldave
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:34 am

This is very sad news indeed. Mark was a good friend although we'd not been in touch for several years.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fly2e » Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:04 pm

From Mark's cousin...
"For those of you who don’t know me, I am Mark’s cousin Jane. After reading some of your posts, I can see that there is some confusion about what is going on, and like us, you are in shock and want to know what is happening. Mark was unfortunately found deceased in his house on Friday. It is believed that his death was from natural causes and at the moment that is all we know. When there is any further information I will let you know. Look after yourselves xxx"
COMING SOON!
Fly2e
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Dave T » Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:45 am

Like everyone else I was shocked by the news of Marks death, thank you for the update.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby Romulus111VADT » Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:49 pm

This is from Marks cousin Frances Wells

"Hope your doing ok, well as well as can be expected.
We have just heard today (o was going to post something tonight on fb) that the autopsy said it was a pulmonary embolism, so he wouldn’t have known anything, which is a blessing.

I haven't seen or spoken to Emi and David as I don't have numbers for them or Agi.
I know they went to see Helena on Sunday with Agi and from what I can tell they are in shock and very upset, but coping as well as they can.
I have sent them a card to Helena's with my number and address in if they would like to contact me. Not sure I can do much more for them for now."
Romulus111VADT
Major
Major

Postby C » Thu May 04, 2023 2:26 pm

Hi all,

Craig passed the sad news to me this evening; despite Mark and I conversing fairly often over the years (and me being jealous that he was neighbours with Lt Gruber from ‘Allo ‘Allo), Facebook sadly hadn’t put any of the news on my feed.

He was a fine gent and always entertaining to talk to. I just wish back in the old days we’d had the chance to meet for a beer.

Rest in peace Mark.
C
Colonel
Colonel

Postby alrot » Fri May 26, 2023 2:43 pm

OMG I'm just learn about this ,he was so kind and cool person

terrible news .....Rest in Peace Mark
alrot
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby flyboy 28 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:23 pm

Absolutely gutted to read this. Mark and I never met in real life but the online friendship he provided to me, a dorky kid who didn't have any airplane friends in real life, gave a two-way outlet to share the love for the Spitfire. If any of Mark's friends or family end up reading this, please do know I will always think of him when I see that airplane. Peace to all.

James
flyboy 28
Colonel
Colonel

Return to General Discussion