Skysim C150

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

Skysim C150

Postby ejwells409 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:23 am

I saw no other forum area that this might fit with any better so here it is. I have tried on 3 different occasions to download the Skysim C150 in the "Hot Picks" area but to no avail, Each time I try to unzip I get an error saying it isn't a valid archive. Has anyone else had the problem or have any idea how to correct aside from doing continuous downloads until one finally works?
ejwells409
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Skysim C150

Postby pete » Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:13 pm

Just tried it again. It's fine and unzips without problem.

Try using another browser.

Have your successfully downloaded and unzipped other files here?
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:15 pm

I take this opportunity to ask here:
I have a French VFR Cessna...and I compared it with the Skysim one...the model is exactly the same... (it has other panels...I think...and the flight physics is different (I think so?) ....

what makes it different?
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby ejwells409 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:31 am

pete wrote:Just tried it again. It's fine and unzips without problem.

Have your successfully downloaded and unzipped other files here?

Thanks, and yes I download quite a few here and never had this problem with any of them.

NOTE: Just attempted another download and noticed that while the info indicates that the file size is 30.60meg the final download size is 31.331, not much of a difference but what else is added during the download? Also, this also had the same error that it was not valid archive.
ejwells409
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby pete » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:55 am

The displayed file size is what the server has estimated the file size to be in the database when a file is uploaded. It doesn't mean that much and you would probably find most of them are approx rather than exact.

What zip extractor are you using? I use Izarc and have almost always found it trouble free. However the default zip extractor that comes with Windows should work equally well.

Have you tried using a different browser?
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby pete » Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:00 am

Delta Tango Nine Two wrote:I take this opportunity to ask here:
I have a French VFR Cessna...and I compared it with the Skysim one...the model is exactly the same... (it has other panels...I think...and the flight physics is different (I think so?) ....

what makes it different?

The same models are often uploaded with variations in most categories. Nothing unusual about that. Somebody may have decided to replace the panel with one of his own, or some other modifications.
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ejwells409 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:12 am

pete wrote:The displayed file size is what the server has estimated the file size to be in the database when a file is uploaded. It doesn't mean that much and you would probably find most of them are approx rather than exact.

What zip extractor are you using? I use Izarc and have almost always found it trouble free. However the default zip extractor that comes with Windows should work equally well.

Have you tried using a different browser?

Found this same airplane on Rikoooo and it downloaded fine (I use Winzip and Internet Download Manager for all downloads).
ejwells409
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to General Discussion