gauges

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

gauges

Postby mondeoman » Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:14 am

I appreciate the good work that is done by upgrading and adding new variants to aircraft. However, there a number of aircraft that have gauges that do not work ie IAS and Alt. gauges.

Just an observation.

Barry
mondeoman
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: gauges

Postby pete » Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:25 am

Hi,
It always helps to give an example. Thanks
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby mondeoman » Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:32 am

For instance- FSX/P3D Airbus A321-200 P2F Smartlynx / DHL Cargo package, there are also others.

Barry
mondeoman
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby hertzie » Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:53 am

Does this "observation" mean that you need help? Or is it frustration? I' m sorry to say, but I can' t do anything with your remark(s).

hertzie.
hertzie
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby mondeoman » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:06 am

Frustration, when I download an aircraft, install and fly I would like to think that the gauges, such as IAS and ALT actually work, or am I asking to much?

Barry
mondeoman
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby cevans » Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:06 pm

I only use P3D v5 and do not have FSX.
All the files I upload in at least the past year are prepared and tested in P3D.

Can you provide a screenshot of the bad panel? I understand your frustration but it may be easy to simply replace the gauges with default FSX ones. But I need to know exactly what gauges. I may be able to then provide a fix for FSX users.

If you look at the screenshots inside all my packages you can see all main gauges are functional. But I cannot test in FSX.

cevans
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby nthnyds » Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:47 am

I don't think the problem is with the gauges.
I have encountered this problem when a panel has the standby altitude and airspeed gauges from the default A321 added as standby gauges.
Unless the aircraft.cfg file is altered to add these additional gauges they appear in the panel but don't actually work.
The aircraft.cfg. file needs to have the following lines to ensure that the standby gauges work. i.e. the cfg file needs to show that there are two of each gauge

[airspeed_indicators]
airspeed_indicator.0=1
airspeed_indicator.1=1

[altimeters]
altimeter.0=1
altimeter.1=1
nthnyds
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby mondeoman » Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:08 am

My main point is WHY after we download an aircraft that is supposed to be flown in whatever sim, you have to alter config. or change the gauge?
mondeoman
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby nthnyds » Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:14 am

I think you should give credit to the guys that spend a lot of time putting these aircraft together so that we can download them and fly in FSX.
Yeah we are not perfect - and yeah things do get overlooked, but a majority of the small problems can be easily rectified if you take the time to understand FSX and learn. I personally get a lot of pleasure from doing that, as well as the flying.
nthnyds
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to General Discussion