Looking For A Developer

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

Looking For A Developer

Postby AirAmerica26 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:11 pm

In the Vintage FS2004 section there is a 1904s scenery for RAF Hawkinge. The Read Me says that users can feel free to use the scenery objects. It was produced by "Gary". He did not give a last name or contact information. I would like to use the nice early hut buildings, revetment and blister hangers but have had no luck extracting and saving the objects to ADE9. So far I have Gary Summons (likely) and Gary Scott, Gentry, Burns and Barker.
Does anyone know who did Hawkinge or know any of these developers? Contact me PM with contact info if you have it. I'm trying to build a 1939 - 40 RAF ALG for my own use. I know this is a long shot. The package was put up in 2008. Cheers all.
AirAmerica26
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Looking For A Developer

Postby captcaveman » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:13 am

I dont recall his last name or his website but the Gary you refer to has passed away some time ago
captcaveman
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Hagar » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:16 am

captcaveman wrote:I dont recall his last name or his website but the Gary you refer to has passed away some time ago

I suspect you're thinking of Garry J Smith.

I think the author of the RAF Hawkinge scenery is Gary Burns. I'm not sure if he is still active.
Some of his WWII airfield library objects are posted here -->> https://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=brbldv1.zip&categoryId=31&filename=Y

You might also do a search for Ted Andrews RAF library objects which include RAF Control Towers, Hangars & other buildings.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby AirAmerica26 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:39 pm

Hawkinge looks like Gary Smith style. I've downloaded a batch from Ted as well and will cull through them. Many of the files are FSX only. I'll update if I locate what I need. Meanwhile, some of the libraries I was sent too have good additional buildings for me. Really appreciate the help. Thanks all.
AirAmerica26
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to General Discussion