The Future of Flight Simulation 2019 & Beyond ?

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

Re: The Future of Flight Simulation 2019 & Beyond ?

Postby Flacke » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:34 am

"Interesting, maybe Austin Meyers will disagree with this people..."

You are very correct on this point! I have spoken with Austin and found him to be totally dedicated to his Xplane products. He is always working as fast as he can afford to on improving Xplane and growing his worldwide customer base. He still has more things to fix and improve but it will come in time. I wish him luck as its good for all of us in the long run.
Flacke
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Jetranger » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:19 am

Milviz to cease FSX development // 21 February 2019

LINK : https://milviz.com/flight/

Hi all.

Though we know there's going to be some lash back on this... we have decided to no longer support FSX or, in fact, anything less than P3D v4.4.

If you'd like our reasons and can still see clearly, please read on:

The main issue isn't code, though it too is one of the problems. It's the materials. Once we switch over to PBR, it's exceedingly costly and difficult to match what's in that with what's possible in FSX materials. And it's a lot more difficult to maintain two distinct model/material sets. We did ask LM to allow for this but...

The next issue is, of course, code. There are many things that are able to be done in 64 bit that cannot be done in 32 bit. This basically means, coding in two streams. One of which, no disrespect, is not as nice (dumber) than the other.

We'd much rather go with the nice stuff and put our efforts into making our products look AND act great.

As well, for those of you who insist that LM's EULA says that it MUST be for education... I put it to you that you're always learning. If not, you're pretty much dead anyway. This is the whole point of buying an addon. To learn how to fly it as well as appreciate what it took to fly it in real life. That, my friends, is education, and by my book, is covered.

I know there will be some who will diss us on this and others that will "never" buy our stuff again... That's ok. For us, this is much like the switch over from FS9 to FSX. That was hard too. In the end, it was worth it.

That is all.

Thanks

MV Direction.
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby pilotwin7 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:54 pm

papituwall wrote:I always have a question. ¿How so many simmers are continuosly thinking in future flight simulators instead of "flying".
It is supposed that simmers first priority is stay in VC or 2d panel mode, flight models and systems are accurate enough.

8-) Great minds have Purpose.... Little minds have Wishes :o

;)Life is too short to Thinking about the Future of Flight Simulation, and Beyond...
Have fun, Now... :dance: :lol: :dance: And thankful what you've. :pray: Regret nothing... :snooty:

"Sometimes your heart needs more time to accept what your mind already knows...." :whistle: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't let that be the reason you give up.... <<t instead of "flying"

8-) Remember..... It's okay if some people dislike what you share... :o But! Not everyone has good taste. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rule One: No matter what else happens, fly the plane :pray: :dance: :lol:

" Let's go flying!... Sometimes later becomes never. " <<q
pilotwin7
Major
Major

Postby papituwall » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:00 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap:

<<u
papituwall
Captain
Captain

Previous

Return to General Discussion