Postby Jetranger » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:00 pm

Jetranger
Major
Major

Re: SGT GUNNY R.LEE ERMEY DEAD 74

Postby Shadowcaster » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:26 pm

The world has lost one of it's more colourful characters. RIP Gunny

Rich
All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

Spike Milligan
Shadowcaster
Major
Major

Postby Hawkeye07 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:33 pm

The news said he died Sunday from complications of pneumonia. We Vets lost our point man. RIP Jar Head.

An Aircraft Mechanic only needs two tools, Duct Tape and WD40.
If it moves and it's not supposed to - use the Duct Tape.
If it doesn't move and it's supposed to - use the WD40.

Intel(R) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz, P55M-UD4, GeForce GTX960 8.00 GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit & 64 bit on separate HDs)
Hawkeye07
Major
Major

Postby Hawkeye07 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:20 pm

Just found this on Pinterest...Sounds about right.

Intel(R) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz, P55M-UD4, GeForce GTX960 8.00 GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit & 64 bit on separate HDs)
Hawkeye07
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Tue May 01, 2018 9:45 am

Hawkeye.....

...and a Happy Birthday, Chris RD...68!

NZFF.... ;) ....!

Paul... :D ....!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Hawkeye07 » Tue May 01, 2018 2:50 pm

Fozzer wrote:Hawkeye.....

...and a Happy Birthday, Chris RD...68!

NZFF.... ;) ....!

Paul... :D ....!

Thanks Paul! I sure don't feel like I'll be 68 tomorrow. Only 32 more to go to the "Century Mark"!! :dance:

Hawkeye07
Major
Major

Postby H » Thu May 03, 2018 10:30 am

Hawkeye07 wrote:I sure don't feel like I'll be 68 tomorrow. Only 32 more to go to the "Century Mark"!!
Here's hoping you'll make it in dancing condition... seems I probably will not... and I'm not really in dancing condition now; more often than not, my current dancing form is to keep my occasional staggering self from falling. Health matters aside, I don't grasp my actual age, either. When my cousin who shares your birth date was born (1966), you and I were 16 (plus some months for me); yesterday was that long ago?

8-)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Thu May 03, 2018 11:01 am

When I visited my Doctor for my annual health check early this year, he looked at me, with my full head of hair and my beaming smile, and his Doctor's Notes, and with a long quizzical stare, and a long delay, said...

..."According to my records, you re 84 years old"....

...I would put you down to being in your early; "60's"...!

Now, if that isn't a compliment, I don't know what is!.... :lol: ....!

I told him I put it down to recent, 40+ years of total sexual abstinence (strange females, etc), daily motorcycling, laughing a lot, and cooking and eating amazing meals every day!

By the look on his face, I think he may decide to take my advice.... ;) ...!

There you go, Chums...

..my recipe for a long, happy life.... :lol: ...!

Eat lots of vegetables and avoid strange women!

Paul... :lol: ... :lol: ... :lol: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Hawkeye07 » Thu May 03, 2018 10:06 pm

H wrote:
Hawkeye07 wrote:I sure don't feel like I'll be 68 tomorrow. Only 32 more to go to the "Century Mark"!!
Here's hoping you'll make it in dancing condition... seems I probably will not... and I'm not really in dancing condition now; more often than not, my current dancing form is to keep my occasional staggering self from falling. Health matters aside, I don't grasp my actual age, either. When my cousin who shares your birth date was born (1966), you and I were 16 (plus some months for me); yesterday was that long ago?
8-)

In some ways it does seem like a long time ago doesn't it H. The Beatles and Stones were THE Bands, JFK's assassination was still being talked about, Vietnam was very much a meat grinder for both sides and Watergate was still just an ordinary office complex. In other ways it seems like a life time ago. having completed a full career in the Navy and then on to readjusting to civilian life and another career at Northwest Airlines though it was a rather short lived one at just 13 years. But sitting here at 68 and looking back I still have vivid memories of school chums and shipmates, girlfriends through the years and pals at Northwest and many of the good and bad times and I think to myself "Dang, did that really happen that long ago? Doesn't seem possible." 50th class reunion is coming up in September...Really????? :o

You some times hear folks say "Well the best you can hope for is..." I honestly don't know what is the best you can hope for. A long, happy life I guess. I have a younger brother and a son who would liked to have had that but it wasn't meant to be for them. So I guess we just live each day as best we can and never count on tomorrow. Hopefully H we'll both see many more sunrises.

Hawkeye07
Major
Major

Postby H » Fri May 04, 2018 9:30 am

Fozzer wrote:When I visited my Doctor... he... said... "According to my records, you're 84 years old... I would put you down to being in your early; "60's"...!
I told him I put it down to recent, 40+ years of total sexual abstinence (strange females, etc), daily motorcycling, laughing a lot, and cooking and eating amazing meals every day!
I inherited early grey hair from my dad when I was 17 but the pattern was from my maternal grandfather, the sideburns down to the chest, which very slowly began to invade towards the scalp; after discharged from the USAF, I let my hair grow to shoulder-length Anglo-Saxon (somewhat similar to Tony Danza in Taxi or Robert Wagner as Prince Valiant) and combed the dark hair from the back over the grey. Except with some accusing me of wearing a wig, I was guessed to be in my 20s while I was in my 40s and 50s. I'd been a soprano in a boys' chorus (had to mandatorily drop out at 12 when voices normally change) and continued to sing in that range until my singing voice finally changed just before I turned 27. Until 2009, considering the age guessing and the voice change, I used to say I was aging one year to the normal two.
Fozzer wrote:Eat lots of vegetables and avoid strange women!
But most do avoid strange vegetables and... :shock: that's the way of the world... the duh-masses are doing it backwards and inside out... :roll:

Hawkeye07 wrote:I still have vivid memories of school chums and shipmates, girlfriends through the years and pals at Northwest and many of the good and bad times and I think to myself "Dang, did that really happen that long ago? Doesn't seem possible." 50th class reunion is coming up in September...Really?????
My memories go back to my infancy -- a cottage overlooking the bay in Belfast, Maine, before moving back to our home town. My alma mater, Steven's High School, boasts the oldest continual annual alumni celebration in the nation, themed float parade and all, even though it's not really in that large a town (population has actually dropped @1k to @13k since my graduation). My 50th is this June and I'm expecting to keep myself and my car well enough to at least attend.

Hawkeye07 wrote:You sometimes hear folks say "Well the best you can hope for is..." I honestly don't know what is the best you can hope for. A long, happy life I guess. I have a younger brother and a son who would liked to have had that but it wasn't meant to be for them. So I guess we just live each day as best we can and never count on tomorrow. Hopefully H we'll both see many more sunrises.
As said in some of my recent posts, our [physical] existence is only temporary and this planet, eventually this universe, will end to nothing; and, to add, from nothing will spew out something new...
some added thought to query your 'hope'.

8-)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to General Discussion