Dont forget your clocks, Chums!

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

Re: Dont forget your clocks, Chums!

Postby Fozzer » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:42 am

yancovitch wrote:drove up from vancouver bc. down to fairfax virginia, up to sanbornton new hampshire....to montreal...back to chicago then back to vancouver bc..in the early 70's in my vw bus, following a guru....all by myself in the fall....i still can't believe i did that, ...lovely area new hampshire.....

What a journey, Yan!

I enjoy watching those sorts of tours on Youtube now Yan!

The area in the top N-E of the USA, called; "New England"...>>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_England
Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Rhode Island!
Many Immigrants from Great Britain, Ireland, and Northern Europe!
Although most of my flight Sim activity has been spent in the S-W USA, California, etc, I have recently found a soft spot for the USA North Atlantic Coast region, due to my daily encounters with my Youtube Motorcycle Chums from that area!
So much of it is reminiscent of my local scenery area in; "Old" England; trees and vegetation, etc, (apart from our all-encapsulating roadside hedgerows!)
Even the place names and accents are similar and familiar!
...even the weather is the same, especially at this time of the year!

The weather and temperature are all over the place, at the moment, changing dramatically each day!
One day rain, the next day snow, with temperatures varying wildly!

Whatever is happening in New England is probably happening here as well, and vice-versa!...>>> https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/0/hr4

Paul....cool and wet, in old England!... :D ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Shadowcaster » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:55 am

SG-19 wrote:Why cant we in the UK just set our clocks to either GMT or UTC and then LEAVE THE DAMNED THINGS ALOAN.

Well said sir no need for the change it this day and age :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Cheers
Rich
All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

Spike Milligan
Shadowcaster
Major
Major

Postby H » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:43 pm

yancovitch wrote:drove up from vancouver bc. down to fairfax virginia, up to sanbornton new hampshire....to montreal...back to chicago then back to vancouver bc..in the early 70's in my vw bus, following a guru....all by myself in the fall....i still can't believe i did that, ...lovely area new hampshire.....
At the start of the 1970s I was living with my Uncle and Aunt in Sanbornton at the end of Prescott Hill Road, across from the back end of the Den Brae Golf Course. When school closed for the summer I took a full time job at TECO (Tilton Electronics); the company closed down a couple decades ago but I'm now located only @ ¼-mile from where it was. A number of Indians have immigrated and I've known some professed Hindus but I never followed a guru -- but NH is where I g-rew up or, at least, started to... someday I may finish the process... hmn... nah, not enough time left.

8-)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:07 am

H wrote:
At the start of the 1970s I was living with my Uncle and Aunt in Sanbornton at the end of Prescott Hill Road, across from the back end of the Den Brae Golf Course. When school closed for the summer I took a full time job at TECO (Tilton Electronics); the company closed down a couple decades ago but I'm now located only @ ¼-mile from where it was. A number of Indians have immigrated and I've known some professed Hindus but I never followed a guru -- but NH is where I g-rew up or, at least, started to... someday I may finish the process... hmn... nah, not enough time left.

8-)

Indians v Native Americans!

Cause me great confusion!

I make a comment; "Indians drive on the left-hand side of the road".

...but that is nothing to do with the folks who live on the continent of America....

They are Native Americans.

The left-hand drivers come from the continent of Asia!

Why did all this come about to confuse me, and everyone else?...>>> https://www.quora.com/Why-are-native-Am ... ed-Indians

Blame it on a bloke named; "Columbus".... ;) ...!

Paul....In the Age of Discovery.... :D ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:30 am

Shadowcaster wrote:
SG-19 wrote:Why cant we in the UK just set our clocks to either GMT or UTC and then LEAVE THE DAMNED THINGS ALOAN.

Well said sir no need for the change it this day and age :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Cheers
Rich

Move to Florida and your prayers may be answered!...>>>

http://www.kron4.com/news/national/prop ... 1048901927

Paul....a little ray of sunshine!.... ;) ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby H » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:59 pm

Fozzer wrote:Indians v Native Americans!
Cause me great confusion!
I don't use the term "Indian" for my Native American relatives; even the old scholastic word 'Amerindian' suggests a relationship no closer than the word Aryan. I only use Indian for persons and things originating in India.
I will sometimes be more specific with a group or tribal name like Cherokee, Micmac, etc. (some of these have various spellings and the commonly known name originates from Spanish, French, English or other tribes rather than the one spoken of; most had no alphabetical writing of their own north of Mexico until after European colonies were more securely established).

8-)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:34 am

@H is my welcome source of historical information regarding North America and the present USA.

Early Times...>>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_North_America

Early people...>>>

http://www.essential-humanities.net/wor ... h-america/

...all fascinating stuff!

Paul.... :D ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Previous

Return to General Discussion