I am firmly convinced....

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

I am firmly convinced....

Postby Fozzer » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:47 am

......that the Carrots I purchase from my local Sainsbury's Supermarket come from the district Almolonga, in Guatemala, South America.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/stories-42 ... le-carrots

A lot of praying is involved in encouraging their growth activity...

...(as well as a few Pesticides).

I refer to them as; "Tree-Trunks".

One of them will feed a family of five for a fortnight*..... :o ....!

Paul.....I like my Veg!... :mrgreen: ....!

* Probably?....I sometimes exaggerate.... ;) .... ;) ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Re: I am firmly convinced....

Postby napamule » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:20 pm

The 'santo' in Monsanto means 'Saint'. So there might be something to all of that 'Holy-ness' of those carrots. Ha!
Chuck B
Napamule
napamule
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby H » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:44 am

Maybe you should see their rabbits -- one of them might make your neighbors' cats think they've met up with Sylvester's "big mouse" :shock: kangaroo...

8-)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:58 am

H wrote:Maybe you should see their rabbits -- one of them might make your neighbors' cats think they've met up with Sylvester's "big mouse" :shock: kangaroo...

8-)

Bunny Rabbits!

During the War, my dear old Mum used to make Rabbit Stew or Roast Rabbit. A cheap and abundant meal for Wartime countryside Folk...

(..we evacuated to the Countryside of Herefordshire at the start of the Blitz of the City of London by the German Hun..).

It has a funny-old taste, all of its own...not really to my liking....(Rabbit...not the Hun)... :roll: ....!

If the Germans had tasted it beforehand, they wouldn't have bothered invading us.

The Neighbours Cats, on the other hand, pre-roasted, make a lovely Curry!

(I compete with the local Chinese Curry House).... ;) ....!

I am sure that all Sainsbury's Vegetables are Genetically Modified to make them extra large and shapely.

I can think of other things which would benefit from such modification..... :pray: ....!

Paul....As Roger Rabbit says;..."That's all Folks!".... :dance: ....!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Return to General Discussion