On a domestic note....

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

On a domestic note....

Postby Fozzer » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:10 am

..... do you find that paper products, eg; Toilet Paper, Kitchen Paper Towels, etc, are getting thinner and more transparent each time you purchase them?....

...and they still cost loadsa money, the same as before!

I suffer terrible accidents involving low-cost toilet paper. (Further details upon request).

The Sinus's inside my head leading to my nose require copious amounts of Kitchen Paper Towels throughout the day and night.

The resulting aftermath defies description!

My life revolves around Kitchen Paper Towels and Toilet Paper...

..nothing else comes close...

..trust me... :roll: ....!

So do my other Flight Sim Chums suffer similar problems regarding the quality of various Paper Products?

Paul.... ;) .... ;) .....!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Re: On a domestic note....

Postby Jetranger » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:10 pm

Yesss, they are making them Thinner,,, to reduce weight and shipping,,, that way they have to Ship more of it,, :doh: :doh:

soooo much for worrying about weight huh ???? makes no sense !!!

noticed just the other day, my damn Prime Rib Steak wasn't as Thick as it used to be, so, I Whipped out my Tape Measure right there in the restaurant and started taking measurements !!

I measured to the left - right , up - down - sideways and in between,,,,,,,,

by now a large crowd had gathered around, wondering what the Sam Hell I was doing

I had my orange vest on, Safety Hard Hat, and all 25 of my Bright Orange Cones set up all around this luxurious dining establishment

crowd of about 100 people gathered around wondering what the hell I was doing ??? :doh: :shifty: :roll:

After I got all the measurements down,,,

I then asked the large crowd if anybody knew what all those little tiny marks mean on the tape measure ???

Cause I Don't know how to read a TAPE MEASURE ,,,,

I'm just a Truck Driver !!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :shifty: :shock:
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby 511Flyer » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:43 pm

I have a problem with "various paper products" in that I don't have enough of those that have £5, £10, £20, and £50 printed on them. The new ones are too shiny to use as toilet paper, even if you could afford to do so.

:oops:
511Flyer
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby yancovitch » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:02 pm

haha....me got big nose....made fun of in high school....yuk.............but i figure my nose is just a big on the inside as on the outside.....and tends to be runny .......soooooo...copious amounts of kleenex is par for the course :) ...........although we used to use hankies when i was a kid.....hmmmmmm.....
yancovitch
Major
Major

Location: born montreal, lived vancouver, now live in burns lake bc.

Postby Fozzer » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:22 pm

yancovitch wrote:haha....me got big nose....made fun of in high school....yuk.............but i figure my nose is just a big on the inside as on the outside.....and tends to be runny .......soooooo...copious amounts of kleenex is par for the course :) ...........although we used to use hankies when i was a kid.....hmmmmmm.....

There's nothing quite like the enjoyment of a good-old, explosive sneeze, Yan....

...trust me... I enjoy it all the time!

But take note of these dangers in trying to hide it from your fellow human beings!...>>>>

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/healt ... 60956.html

Whichever exit the wind comes from....

...as my wise old Mum always used to say...>>>

"Where'ere you be, let the wind go free"....

Trust her, and me... ;) ...!

Doctors will agree!

Paul.... :D ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby napamule » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:12 pm

In the USA we have quality 'paper products' at WalMart and they are cheap. I won't buy any 'brand name' products. They are no different quality wise than WalMart store brands. Half the price too. And yes I get 4 paper towels and use siccors to cut into 3 in x 5 in pieces and use like 'tissue'. Use my head. The standard joke around my house is the inevitable requirement of that 'morning routine' is to get rid of those 'MORNING BOOGGERS'. Ha.
Chuck B
Napamule
napamule
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:50 pm

In the aisle at my Sainsbury's Superstore, there is a selection of low-cost Toilet Rolls described as; "Recycled Toilet Paper".

For some reason, I don't know why, this always gives me cause for some concern... :think: ...!

I tend not to purchase it.

Paul.... ;) .... ;) ....!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Steve M » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:42 pm

Have you ever stepped into a frozen outhouse on a construction site? You can pull some paper out and look through it, you're going to see your shoes in 3D pannavision.
Steve M
Major
Major

Postby Anthindelahunt » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:16 pm

Problems here too Fozzer. No name and recycled
toilet paper are so thin you can watch a movie
through it. It works out in the end run they are
far more expensive that the best. I believe that
four rolls are equal to one roll of the expensive.
The el cheapo ones are bad because you have to use
so much of them. Recycled ones feel like sandpaper. :o :naughty:

Anthin... :shifty:
Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Postby napamule » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:40 pm

Walmart T-Paper is QUALITY Gentlemen! Not thin. Don't knock it if you haven't tried it. I use 2 sheets. Try that with charmin or the others. I like my t-paper like I like my Women - soft but strong.
Chuck B
Napamule
napamule
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Jetranger » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:55 am

Ya'll is WRONG !!!

I haven't used toilet paper in years :o

Been using the local Newspaper,, BUT those paper cuts are a BITCH !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby slimcooper2002 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:23 am

Two things you dont go cheap on, Garbage bags, and toilet paper, you dont want either one to fail
slimcooper2002
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to General Discussion