Atlantic Storm Eleanor....

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

Atlantic Storm Eleanor....

Postby Fozzer » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:19 am

...and me!.... :o ....!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42549441

I nearly got blown off my Motorcycle this morning on the way to Mr. Sainsbury's Grocery Emporium to do some food shopping!

Up to 100 MPH winds!

It made "riding" Eleanor a hard time, with her constant angry behavior, blustery changes of direction, interspaced with buffetting about my face and

body, and always the threat of leaving me battered and bloodied by the wayside..... :cry: ....!

Now I know why they give violent storms; Women's Names!..... :twisted: ...!

But I survived the battering, did the shopping, and am now cooking a massive Beef Casserole.... :dance: ....

...and she is getting none of it... ;) ....

...Trust me!

Paul.... :lol: .... :lol: ....!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Atlantic Storm Eleanor....

Postby Apex » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:13 am

Hurricanes now are open for any name, male, female, etc. But we all know what Bill Shakespeare said about roses, well, hurricanes sure ain't roses, doesn't matter what we name them, they're all vicious. 2017 hurricane season was one of the most vicious in a long time.
Apex
Major
Major

Postby H » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:00 pm

Tomorrow's weather report warns of high winds with rain, sleet and/or snow across nearly our entire east coast with increasingly low temps. I need to prepare as soon as I end this internet interlude.
:shock:

8-)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Tug002 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:33 am

Glad to hear that you made your run safely and have returned home for a great home cooked meal :clap: My scooter is now a Popsicle in a storage shed at -35c. :cry: I have the battery on my maintenance charger to keep it ready for the warmer weather but still have a long wait ahead of me. I have my snow blower to amuse me in the winter though :lol:

Keep smiling
Tug :)
Tug002
Captain
Captain

Postby Apex » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:28 am

It's 43 F out right now in Miami 8.30 EST Thurs. I know y'awl are freezing where ever, but these very low temps are unusual for us, we're not used to this kind of cold. Back in the 50's & 60's, this was the norm for this time of year here. Early morning Phys Ed in grades 7-9, early 60's, we'd dress out in all but the very coldest. It was kind of cool [no pun intended], you'd go out on the field and it'd be so foggy you couldn't see 10 feet in front.

But those days are gone, and now it's warm winters here. Not this cold since 2009.

The catch tho, is that it'll warm up again in about a week. The temps roller coaster and not down for very long at one time.
Apex
Major
Major

Postby FelixFFDS2 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:37 am

Apex wrote:It's 43 F out right now in Miami 8.30 EST Thurs. ----
The catch tho, is that it'll warm up again in about a week. The temps roller coaster and not down for very long at one time.

I'd love for it to be 43F.... 31F recorded in parts of Orlando, FL. Brrrrr! (ok, so it's relative to where you live)
FelixFFDS2
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Fozzer » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:09 pm

I'm always an enthusiast; "Weather Watcher", and assume that it's always warm/hot in the Southern States, especially the lower parts of Florida..towards the Keys!
New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, and San Diego, has to to be basking/sweltering in Sun, Sand, Snakes, and Palm Trees, all year round!
North Dakota, New England, and Canada has to be buried under deep snow for most of the year.

...all the bits in between, take their chances with the weather: Hot, Cold, Rain, Drought, and Tornados.

Over here, (my back garden, England), it's cool, wet, and windy at the moment.

...but things may improve...later... ;) ....!

Paul....Whether or not, to Weather the Storm?.... :mrgreen: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby H » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:40 pm

Fozzer wrote:I'm always an enthusiast; "Weather Watcher"...
Feel free to come over here and watch the weather any time -- in fact right now would do you. I started typing out a note to my cousin in Norway and not half-way through it the storm hit. By the time I'd finished the message, there was about 3" of new snow on the walkway and it's still falling rather heavily. My digital outdoor temperature readout has given up the ghost -- just two dashes -- but the temp. is supposed to be in the minus teens for the weekend.
When I was in Nebraska we had a day in the summer with 114° F in the shade and winter temperatures often went below zero, even without the harsh wind chill, as well as full coverage by blinding, drifting blizzards. A college fellow I knew then rode his motorcycle from Hastings, NE, to Sioux City, SD, over the snow/ice-threatened roads for the holidays. If you could get over here with your bike right now, Foz, you could slip up and down NH to mimic (probably outdo) his escapade.

:dance:

8-)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to General Discussion