sugar

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

sugar

Postby yancovitch » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:13 pm

ha....just discovered what has relieved my restless leg.......every time it starts acting up, i go and pee, and it helps....sometimes 4-5 times a nite.....but....when i quit sugar, including dried fruit etc.....(fresh fruit ok).......the jumping leg is 90% gone.....and i don't seem to have to pee as much.....just thought there may be some old farts around who had similar experiences............and quitting sugar ain't easy....have more compassion for drug addicts now :)
yancovitch
Major
Major

Location: born montreal, lived vancouver, now live in burns lake bc.

Re: sugar

Postby Fozzer » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:09 pm

This song is dedicated to you, Yan...>>>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSP0e5rXUl8

...especially one as sugary as you!.... :gay-umbrella: ....!

Paul.... :lol: ... :lol: ... :lol: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Sinkrate » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:54 am

Only 4-5 times a night….gee, I wish! :cry:
Sinkrate
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:45 am

Sinkrate wrote:Only 4-5 times a night….gee, I wish! :cry:

Its quite amazing the amount of liquid that is passed during the night far exceeds the last cup of Tea you had just before retiring to bed.

The use of an elastic band is not to be recommended..... :shock: ....!

Paul.....and Doxazosin..... ;) ....!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby 511Flyer » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:47 am

Tie a knot in it?

:o
511Flyer
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:12 am

511Flyer wrote:Tie a knot in it?

:o

Long enough?.... :roll: ...!

....Lucky you!..... :o ...!

Paul.... :lol: ... :lol: ... :lol: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Apex » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:46 pm

The best thing anyone can do at any age is to minimize sugar intake. Nope, not enuff said, let's heap it on here.

November 2013, woke up with dizzy spell so severe had to call 911. Two days in the hosp, nothing showed up, MRI's OK, etc. But they picked up on a blood sugar level of 258!

The dietician there gave me the "no sugar" lecture. Ever since, that's the way it's been. OK, very, very minimal. Certain things can be substituted. Powerade Zero instead of Gator Ade. 'No-sugar' snacks, they do exist! Diet soda if you gotta. No fruit juice, it's all loaded, loaded, loaded. Look at the back of everything pn the shelves, it's all loaded with sugar. And it all doesn't have to be, at least not in the quantities you see.

Some pasta companies have finally gotten the message and now have half the added sugar as before, 1gm per cup instead of 2gm per cup.

I'm 5'10", 155 pounds and holding that weight since then. Blood sugar is normal. I am not diabetic.

You can do it. Even if you think you're healthy, it won't hurt. All these diet loss fads are bunk, just cut the sugar and see how much better you feel. And remember, you can still cheat a bit. Just don't over do it.

Now if I may be excused, it's time for a bowl of Neutrinos.
Apex
Major
Major

Postby H » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:34 am

Apex wrote:The best thing anyone can do at any age is to minimize sugar intake.
Look at the back of everything pn the shelves, it's all loaded with sugar. And it all doesn't have to be, at least not in the quantities you see.
I wish I'd had and followed the minimal sugar intake advice in my early life. Still, only eating a pound of vegetables a day I was able to reduce my sugar levels to normal within six months of my first diabetic condition. Unfortunately, my recovery was followed by my mother's medical demise which led me to bankruptcy; with only a few dollars in your pocket, the 14¢ sale bag of chips at the discount store becomes the new evil target -- it is difficult to find processed foods without added sugar and snack foods introduce other additives to the problem. After a six year hiatus, even avoiding sugar/corn syrup, the elevated sugar levels returned. Also, mentioning food additives, does one consider the effects of pickled items as the brine enters them?
Apex wrote:Now if I may be excused, it's time for a bowl of Neutrinos.
You're being self-neutered :?:

8-)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:17 am

I think that sometimes we are lucky with our in-built Metabolism, (today's big word!), regarding the intake of Fat, Sugar, and Salt!

I stuff my face, up to four times a day, with a careful selection of all sorts of tasty food and drinks, and yet, at 84 and 5 feet 7 inches, I only weigh a measly 150 Lbs ....

...and a BMI of 23.5...>>> https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educat ... micalc.htm

Even with no exercise I still do not put on weight! My internal mechanism seems to be coping automatically with all that I intake!

I just take care to avoid "things" that are; no-good-for-me in my selection, preparation, and cooking!.... :D ....!

When I turn sideways, I disappear!... :o ....!

Paul.... :lol: .... :lol: ....!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Return to General Discussion