fat

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

fat

Postby yancovitch » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:13 pm

ha....i just discovered something, that i'm sure everyone else knows :) ............we would eat half or less than half the amount of food we eat, if there were no salt or sugar added......we'd feel full, a very short time after the first bite.....sugar and salt are not very healthy, partly because of their effects on the body, but more so, by causing us to eat too much.........although we probably need a small amount of salt i guess............
yancovitch
Major
Major

Location: born montreal, lived vancouver, now live in burns lake bc.

Re: fat

Postby Fozzer » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:09 pm

I gave up adding Salt to all my cooking many years ago. Causes high blood pressure with all its dangers!

All my various vegetables (and fruit) contain all the Vitamins, Salt, and Sugar I need every day.

Sugar. Because I have a "sweet tooth", I now use a Sucrose (sweetener) tablet in my Tea and Coffee....and Corn Flakes!

Fat and Cooking Oils is something else I avoid. I just use a tiny amount of Olive Oil in my frying; Eggs, Bacon, etc.

I roast my meals on a wire grid in the oven, rather than fry them in liquid Oil.

Natures natural products give us all the tasty stuff that we need to enjoy our meals every day!

...read the information on the back of the tin!... :o ....!

Paul...back to the kitchen!..... :D ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Re: fat

Postby H » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:59 am

Fozzer wrote:I gave up adding Salt to all my cooking many years ago. Causes high blood pressure with all its dangers!
All my various vegetables (and fruit) contain all the Vitamins, Salt, and Sugar I need every day.
Sugar. Because I have a "sweet tooth", I now use a Sucrose (sweetener) tablet in my Tea and Coffee....and Corn Flakes!
Fat and Cooking Oils is something else I avoid. I just use a tiny amount of Olive Oil in my frying; Eggs, Bacon, etc.
I roast my meals on a wire grid in the oven, rather than fry them in liquid Oil.
Natures natural products give us all the tasty stuff that we need to enjoy our meals every day!
...read the information on the back of the tin!... :o ....!
Paul...back to the kitchen!..... :D ...!
I've found that finding foods they've not added sugar to may only be with a food they specifically haven't added salt to. My check-up revealed that I'm low on salt so I sometimes have to add it.
The only cereals i tend to occasionally eat are oatmeal and Grape Nuts. I'm not apt to eat any flaky cereal (including Grape Nuts Flakes) because of the added sugar, however little - look at your Corn Flakes ingredients.

8-)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to General Discussion