Pip's has Passed Away

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

Pip's has Passed Away

Postby Shadowcaster » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:36 am

Pip's our wonderful collie has passed away. He was quite a character and has left a huge hole in our lives, he was so much a part of our lives from taking him for his many walks to barking at the postman. The house now seems so empty with out him.

Rich
All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

Spike Milligan
Shadowcaster
Major
Major

Re: Pip's has Passed Away

Postby Anthindelahunt » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:55 am

I am so sorry Rich. A dog becomes
part of your family and when they are gone
it can be devastating.
Hang on to all those memories my friend.

Anthin.
Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:47 am

I can well imagine, Rich!

I have never had a Dog.
....Just a number of very annoying Cats in the past, (I just throw stones at them now), and a few Tortoises (very popular many years ago).

One of my Lads had a rescue Female Dog for a few years. She died (old age) in his arms during the night and he was very upset. She was wonderful company, but said he would not get another Dog again...far too restrictive of his movements in all sorts of ways!

Great fun watching their antics on Youtube!

Paul.
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby SpaceHippy1975 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:52 am

I feel for you, there is almost nothing worse than losing a pet, especially one that you can get so attached to.

A lot of people out there wouldn't comprehend the bond that builds up between an owner & a dog, he/she is never regarded as a pet as such but they are definitely one of the family. One that has a very big impact on your life.

Keith.
Flying: MSFS 2020 & P3D v5 ~ Given up on X-Plane 11
My Rig:
Intel Core i7 - 6700K CPU @ 4.5GHz,
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero Z170 Motherboard,
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 GAMING 11GB GPU,
Patriot Viper 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM,
Asus ROG Strix XG32VQ Monitor,
Bose Companion 2 Series III Speakers,
Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S & CH Rudder Pedals.
SpaceHippy1975
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:50 am

Strange creatures, Dogs.... ;) ....

I never did have an infinity for them in the past, having been chased by them far too many times whilst riding my Motorcycles.... :doh: ....!

...but, out of all the creatures in the animal, etc, kingdom, they appear to have a far greater, close, visible affinity to we Human Beings, than other creatures....(like Horses and Cows!).

For many years I always "radiated" an effect upon Dogs that their first reaction was/is to try and eat me!.... :( ....!

...there was always something about; "me" that the Dogs didn't like.....maybe the smell of oil and petrol...and the sound of exhaust pipes?... :roll: ....!

Since watching them on Youtube, I have now realised that there is something very "different" about them..... :think: ....!

But actually owning one requires a lot of careful thought beforehand. They need to take up a lot of your time....

...and they are not always welcome in other folks homes/gardens during a visit!

In my case, they would not be safe upon my Pillion seat, even though they do seem to appreciate the Wind in their ears and Flies in their teeth!.... 8-) ....!

Paul.... :D ....!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Roypcox » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:00 pm

Rich so very sorry for your loss, it like losing a child in the family. I lost my Boston Terrier 9 yrs ago and cried like a baby, my sweet wife went and got me another one the next day! I am so very sorry for your loss the best friend a man can have. Roy
Roypcox
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Shadowcaster » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:28 am

Heartfelt thanks for your replies, it's been a rough few days for us both, he will live on forever in our thoughts.

Rich

Spike Milligan
Shadowcaster
Major
Major

Postby Hawkeye07 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:24 pm

Sorry to hear your little buddy passed away Rich. Dogs really do become a part of your family; loyal, loving companions to the end. I haven't figured it out yet
but it starts at the puppy stage. They're cute and funny and do goofy things but they're fragile and totally dependent on you for everything.
Those puppy eyes seem to trigger the nurturing trait in our inner self. We're transformed from dog owner to Alpha Dog, protector of the pack, even if the "pack"
is only one little pup who wangs his (or her) tail whenever you appear. Then they become young dogs who want to go where you go, eat everything on your plate while ignoring their own chow and curl up somewhere close so they can keep an eye on you just in case you head for where you keep their favorite treats.
Maturity arrives and they now have you pretty much trained. One look tells you "I'm hungry", a paw tap on the leg says "I need to go outside" and then there's
the head on the lap while you're watching TV that says "I need you to pay attention to me." That's when you wonder who trained who?

I know how you feel about losing Pip. We had to put down our two Springers within a couple of years of each other and it was very hard.
We actually had our two lads cremated and have kept their ashes, favorite toy and collars with us and each of their pictures are still in a frame on the bookcase.
Attached is their picture. George is the black and white, Mugsy is the liver and white.

We have a little white Cockapoo named Luc who was supposed to be my daughter's dog but since she was in school all day he became attached to me.
He's quite the character with a very distinct personality. Deep down I know that some day in the not too distant future he'll be gone too
so I try to enjoy his company as much as I can now.

When my dad was a kid he had a small Terrier named Corky. He never talked about him much but he kept a picture of him in his wallet until the day he died.
At my dad's funeral I took Corky's picture and placed it in his shirt pocket. I think he would have wanted it that way.

I just walked through the family room and looked at Mugsy's picture and read the poem that's printed on the frame. Here it is...

"When Tomorrow Starts Without Me
And I'm not there to see,
The sun will rise and find your eyes,
All filled with tears for me.

I wish so much you wouldn't cry,
The way you did today,
Remembering how my tail would wag,
Before I went away.

Now free from pain and suffering,
In sunlit fields I play.
And I will wait there patiently,
'Till we meet again someday."

An Aircraft Mechanic only needs two tools, Duct Tape and WD40.
If it moves and it's not supposed to - use the Duct Tape.
If it doesn't move and it's supposed to - use the WD40.

Intel(R) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz, P55M-UD4, GeForce GTX960 8.00 GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit & 64 bit on separate HDs)
Hawkeye07
Major
Major

Postby Shadowcaster » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:14 am

Thank you so much Hawkeye, really can't say any more you have said it so well. With your permission we would like to use the poem to go under Pippin's picture.

Rich

Spike Milligan
Shadowcaster
Major
Major

Postby Anthindelahunt » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:22 am

Keep Pippin's picture as your Avatar.

Then in a small way we will remember as well.

Wonderful memories sometimes start off with
painful ones.

Anthin...Feeling for you.
Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Postby Hawkeye07 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:51 am

Hi Rich,
I can't take credit for the poem I added above. It is printed on our Mugsy's picture frame. Exactly where it came from I can't say as the back of the picture frame doesn't identify the poet.

I did a quick search online and there seems to be quite a few items that copy that title though they are completely different.

A little side note. After we put Mugsy to sleep and unbeknown to us our Vet's staff made a plaster casting of his paw and gave it to us when we went to pick up his ashes.
That was thoughtful of them. It sits on the shelf next to his picture.

Intel(R) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz, P55M-UD4, GeForce GTX960 8.00 GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit & 64 bit on separate HDs)
Hawkeye07
Major
Major

Postby Hawkeye07 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:54 am

Rich, here's another poem I found...

Hawkeye07
Major
Major

Postby ozzy72 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:46 am

Sorry to hear the news Rich, it is tough. Dogs are the only animals that love you more than they love themselves, tis what makes them the best pets.
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Shadowcaster » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:35 am

I've never been good at how to say thanks for all your kind thoughts we really do appreciate them. The poems are really beautiful, Your right Anthin Pip's will remain as my avatar, we will never forget him, he was such a large part of our lives.

Rich and Sue

Spike Milligan
Shadowcaster
Major
Major

Return to General Discussion