Thanksgiving Perils!

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

Thanksgiving Perils!

Postby Fozzer » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:05 pm

I love cooking.... :D ....

I thoroughly enjoy cooking.... :dance: ....

Indeed, I am cooking up lovely tasty meals every day, from morning to night, seven days a week on/in my trusty Gas Stove....

...but this has got to be THE most dangerous way of cooking a meal my that my American Chums come up with!.... :think: ....

Deep Fried Turkey!!...... :shock: ....!

http://kron4.com/2017/11/23/video-preve ... ng-turkey/

The very thought of it fills me with fear!

Anything involving gallons of very hot fat/oil, water, and flames, is a terrible accident waiting to happen!

Why can't they just pop it into the oven to roast gently for a couple of hours, whilst the family opens their Thanksgiving presents.... :drool: ....!

...and no one dies!.... :violin: ....

Paul.....just preparing a nice tasty Madras Chicken curry, with basmati rice, for my supper....and my house doesn't get burnt down!..... ;) ....!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Thanksgiving Perils!

Postby yancovitch » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:39 am

ha...me vegan.....so much love to sit down to a bowl of brown rice with a tincture of soya sauce......or chewing on some almonds and raisins.....
oh...and some pop corn with engevita yeast and olive oil....yummy!! :D :D ...........desert?.....some natural peanut butter with some jam or raisins......living like a king i am......everything is relative i guess...........cheers, vc
yancovitch
Major
Major

Location: born montreal, lived vancouver, now live in burns lake bc.

Postby H » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:52 am

We've had 'Turkey Deep Fryers' (type into your search engine) on sale for years, especially near holidays.
Rather like the old 'chicken and roast pressure cooker' I had over 30 years ago.
Descendants of the dinosaur, now dinnersaur, boiled in oil, under pressure...

8-)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Shadowcaster » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:00 pm

I sticking to basting mine in butter and plenty of streaky bacon. I always think of a Les Dawson joke on cooking the Xmas dinner "I plucked and stuffed the Turkey :shock: , all SWMBO had to do was kill it and put it in the oven :o :lol: :lol: :lol:"

Cheers
Rich
All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

Spike Milligan
Shadowcaster
Major
Major

Postby Anthindelahunt » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:24 pm

I remember a Dublin version from the seventies.

"Stuff the Turkey's hole with holly, fallalalala." :character-kermit:
I know it is a XMas version.Can't remember the
rest.
Anthin. :shifty:
Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:11 am

yancovitch wrote:ha...me vegan.....so much love to sit down to a bowl of brown rice with a tincture of soya sauce......or chewing on some almonds and raisins.....
oh...and some pop corn with engevita yeast and olive oil....yummy!! :D :D ...........desert?.....some natural peanut butter with some jam or raisins......living like a king i am......everything is relative i guess...........cheers, vc

I'll go with that Yan!.... :D ....!

I cook up a ton of vegetables every day, 7 days a week, for my meals...>>>

Potatoes, Carrots, Parsnips, Leeks, Onions, Garlic, Peppers, Cabbage, etc....

...with more Garlic and Onions...Wonderful for the wellbeing of the inside of the tummy!

....and it all goes together with my Roast Chicken and Bread sauce/ Roast Beef and Mustard/ Roast Pork and Applesauce/ Roast Lamb and Mint sauce....

...and various Pastry Meat Pies, Sausages, Chops, Mince, etc....

...Herbs and Spices...

...and my proper home-made Gravy...(Copyright Worldwide)!

All done safely, (no calls to the Fire Department), on/in my trusty Gas Stove/Oven!

Paul....Roast Pork and Applesauce, plus all the veg, and gravy, for Saturday dins today!.... :dance: ...!

....wish you were here?..... ;) .... ;) ....LOL...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:57 pm

Sunday 26th of November and the results of yesterdays efforts....today's Sunday Dinner...

Roast Pork and Applesauce.....with Everything...and Gravy!

Typical of the sort of Dinner I have 7 days a week....and I only weigh 154 Lbs!

All good stuff!

Paul.... :mrgreen: ....!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Anthindelahunt » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:59 pm

That looks delicious Fozzer.
A proper dinner.Not some namby pamby
disaster with three peas and a tiny squiggle
of some awful sauce. :o

Anthin....Salivating on my keyboard. :shifty:
Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:36 pm

Anthindelahunt wrote:That looks delicious Fozzer.
A proper dinner.Not some namby pamby
disaster with three peas and a tiny squiggle
of some awful sauce. :o

Anthin....Salivating on my keyboard. :shifty:

Ta, Anthin!

Yan will not be pleased to know that Porky the Pig (with the curly tail) provided the delicious treat for my Sunday Dins.... :( ....!

But it was very nice following my Motorcycle ride in the freezing cold.... :D ....>>>>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnX2vk36Yag&t=300s

Paul....with Applesauce.... :mrgreen: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby yancovitch » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:15 pm

ha...did you kill the pig yourself :)?......well....life is all about sacrifice isn't it....one way or another.....ha..i prefer another....been a vegie for 47 years....and would you believe it.....i'm still alive...i'm still alive :D ah....my wife too...........
anyways, i gave up getting a motorbike, cause we don't have the lovely scenery to drive in like you do.....all we have here are up and down logging roads, besides the highway....and i'm not into dirt bikes...my kidneys would shatter......also, the summer up here is so short......maybe next lifetime :D
yancovitch
Major
Major

Location: born montreal, lived vancouver, now live in burns lake bc.

Return to General Discussion