Foz, did you miss your flight?

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

Foz, did you miss your flight?

Postby H » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:43 am

The New Horizons spacecraft is unmanned; it will be visiting our solar system's Kuiper Belt on January 1, 2019. This may reveal aspects of a similar belt in the the Proxima Centauri star system. Proxima b, the only planet identified with Proxima Centauri, is estamated at about 1.3 times as large as Earth and completes one day per (Proxima b) year; that is, it revolves around Proxima Centauri as Mercury revolves around the Sun, the same side always facing the star. Of couse, for a more direct analysis, our spacecraft could visit the Proxima Centauri star system, itself; traveling at the speed of light, it would be there in slightly over four years.
By current Terran standards, for a more worthwhile trip, is the locale of the GW170817 kilonova neutron star merger which created 50 Earth masses worth of silver, 100 Earth masses of gold and 500 Earth masses of platinum. This must be great news for those of you with a self-space-mining spacecraft; hurrying there at light speed, you can be there and back in about 260-million years. You may not be in any condition to do anything with your cargo but, hey...

8-)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Foz, did you miss your flight?

Postby Roypcox » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:08 am

yelp, yelp , 10-4 on last transmission I am reading you 5x5.
Roypcox
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: Foz, did you miss your flight?

Postby Fozzer » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:04 am

.... :lol: .... :lol: ....!

The only; "Belt" I am familiar with, is the one that holds my trousers up.

(The belt on my 1970's "Flares" was a very wide one, with a very big buckle...it went with my big hair and Elton John boots at the time)...:ugeek: ....!

All the other stuff out there is just too far away, and anyway, the carburetor of my motorcycle requires Earth Air and Petrol for the journey to Proxima Centauri.

More explosive news:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-41916738

I love reading about all this "Fairy-tale, inter-stellar space stuff" from the comfort of my armchair, with a glass of Jack Daniels in my hand... :) ...!

Paul...quite happy on Planet Earth!.... :lol: ...!

P.S....My escape trips to the Planet Zorg are always popular when the; "Olympic Games" (or Football/Baseball/Cricket/Tennis, etc, matches) appears on the TV/News...Book now to avoid disappointment!... ;) .... :lol: ....!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Return to General Discussion