Explorations...

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

Explorations...

Postby Fozzer » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:19 pm

Simulated...or for real! ... :D ....!

Hello, all my Flight Sim Chums, and Motorcycle Chums!.... :D ...!

I haven't been posting very much stuff on my various Flight Sim Forums lately!

After zillions of years, I have been exploring the World (mostly North America and California, San Francisco and Flower Power), every day, in the various versions/incarnations of Flight Simulators since the heady days of 1995 onwards.

...nowadays, since my various You-tube motorcycling video days, from 2015, I have been spending more and more time exploring the countryside at ground level, with the help of all my motorcycling chums, and the comfort of their Harley Davidson motorcycle cruisers.

Its a different sort of exploration, and in some ways, more REAL!

So, there you go, Lads and Lassies, explore the landscape at a low level with we; "two-wheeler" types!...>>>

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp5lKG ... 9JA/videos

..no Radial, Jet, Turbine, etc, engines involved....:wink2: ...!

...just simple, air-cooled, piston engines, with carburettors, (like a Cessna 150?), and occasionally a kick-starter! ;) ...!

...its all about having fun...whatever you are doing....

...in the air...or at ground level! ....... :dance: ...!

Paul.... :lol: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Explorations...

Postby Dave T » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:52 pm

You will have time now that the weather is getting colder.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby yancovitch » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:52 am

bet you have to carry around an extra tank of gas when getting lost in those english country roads......food you don't need :)
yancovitch
Major
Major

Location: born montreal, lived vancouver, now live in burns lake bc.

Postby Fozzer » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:50 pm

yancovitch wrote:bet you have to carry around an extra tank of gas when getting lost in those English country roads......food you don't need :)

..... :lol: ... :lol: ...!

Much safer to run out of gas at ground level on my Motorcycle, than at 1,000 feet AGL on a Cessna 150, above the treetops, Yan!.... :o ...!

Actually, my Bike is quite frugal on gas...almost 100 miles per gallon!

Which is just as well, because most/all of the countryside Petrol Stations closed down long ago. They only appear in large Towns now, and very few even then!

Paul.... :D ....!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby yancovitch » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:12 pm

what bike do you have?....i used to have bikes.....when i was young, i had an old 1940-whatever, harley 45 with chromed spring shocks in front....the transmission was separate, and one day the drain plug fell out ....i had to drive home in fist gear.....when i opened the transmission many of the shafts and parts were melted....sheesh......
yancovitch
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:41 pm

yancovitch wrote:what bike do you have?....i used to have bikes.....when i was young, i had an old 1940-whatever, harley 45 with chromed spring shocks in front....the transmission was separate, and one day the drain plug fell out ....i had to drive home in fist gear.....when i opened the transmission many of the shafts and parts were melted....sheesh......

All sorts of Motorcycles and Sidecars since I passed my Bike test in 1950, and been riding them every day since, and still doing it!
Lots of British and Jap bikes.

Four Bikes in the house at the moment:
1995 Honda CB500RR
1983 Yamaha RX-S 100.
1975 Yamaha FS1M.
1996 Honda CMX 250C Rebel cruiser (1985-2012). The bike I use for my video journies. Touring on Two Wheels!

Your Harley 45 was probably the lovely old Flathead! 45 degree, side valve, vee-twin, with the springer front forks, and rigid rear end...wonderful stuff!
One of my favourite old Harley-Davidsons!
Some nostalgia for you, Yan!...>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihftTvaWbd8

P.S. Don't forget the Knuckleheads, Panheads, Ironheads, and Shovelheads....and the model J from 1915-1929...wonderful old stuff!!

Paul.... :D ...!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harley-Da ... e_timeline
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby yancovitch » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:10 am

yea...nostalgia.....thanks!!........hey.....honda rebel.....great bike..classic..that's what i want...but i guess i'm getting a bit too old ...sheesh!........
yancovitch
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:28 am

yancovitch wrote:yea...nostalgia.....thanks!!........hey.....honda rebel.....great bike..classic..that's what i want...but i guess i'm getting a bit too old ...sheesh!........

You are never too old for a Honda CMX250 Rebel. Yan.... :D ...!

I'm coming up 84....and I love my Daisy to bits....

...and she loves me in return!...>>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp5lKG ... 9JA/videos

Take a trip down memory lane, Yan!

Wind in the hair...flies in the teeth...imagine you are in that Sopwith Camel.... :lol: ....!

...and, to get you in the mood!...>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eDu7YnQKC8

Paul.... :D ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Return to General Discussion