Powerball ramblings

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

Powerball ramblings

Postby Apex » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:06 am

I don't do lotteries. Odds are too great to spend time going out, buying a tick, whatever. But sometimes ya gotta dream about it. Some say winning huge really won't bring happiness. Yeah, right, well, I'll be the judge of that. Being in debt sure ain't a cup o' tea. Just hire a tax attorney, a financial planner, get yourself a good car sales person, a good realtor, and forget about the business end of everything and go surfing. At the beach, not online. You'll be happy as a clam, lemme tell ya. And if you're still not happy, get yourself a good shrink. You can now afford it all.

There's been some changes to Powerball that made the odds much greater, that's why the pot gets pretty big these days, but the reality is that you're just not gonna win, so why bother to enter? But people do, and I don't really blame them.

"Two years ago, your chances of becoming an instant millionaire were 1 in roughly 175 million. Now, the odds are 1 in roughly 292 million."

So right now it's up to 700 mil. $700,000,000. Ya know how long it would take to count that high? One per second = 22 years.

"States, not necessarily players, are reaping the rewards of the sales surge." Well, I ain't seen any changes in my taxes.

Just remember the main thing about winning all that dough: Everybody and his kid brother will be after you for something. Relatives, friends, the IRS, who knows who else. Keep it as secret as possible. Don't run into your workplace and shout out "You can take this job and shove it." Be a stealth fighter. Never let them know where you are.

And get yourself a good surf board.
Apex
Major
Major

Re: Powerball ramblings

Postby B0ikat » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:57 am

Back in the mid '90's, Georgia hopped on the lotto band wagon. The Columbus news did a segment where they interviewed a mathematician about the odds of winning. He went down a list from flipping a coin, to various hands in poker, being struck by lightning, and so on, with the odds of winning the lottery being somewhere in the 1-to-100+ against range. So the interviewer asked if the mathematician would advise against buying a ticket, and he replied something along the lines of, "If you don't buy a ticket, the odds are meaningless, you can't win. And yes, I paid my dollar, and I have my ticket!"

If I remember right, a couple of weeks later, they asked the first Georgia lottery winner what they were going to do with their winnings (Slightly over a million), and they said, "We're gonna buy us a double-wide in Alabama!"
B0ikat
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:56 am

I only ever bet on certainties.

...and that's never going to happen!

Paul.... :D ..!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby B0ikat » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:45 am

Someone's life in Mass just got more complicated! :shock:
B0ikat
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:28 pm

...and the winner is .... :D.....>>>

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/41040013

.....and the odds of winning the jackpot are one in 292.2 million.

We don't stand a chance, Chums!... ;) ...!

Paul.... :lol: ...!

http://kron4.com/2017/08/24/winner-come ... all-prize/
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Return to General Discussion