Cool for cats?

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

Cool for cats?

Postby Sinkrate » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:22 am

Coming soon to a forest near you! :o

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 32036.html

If you go down to the woods today, you’re sure of a big surprise.
For staring back through the trees at you, a pair of rapacious eyes.
Say hello to the tufty-eared cat, as his mate attacks you from the back.
And that’s the way the pussy cats have their pic—nic!
Sinkrate
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: Cool for cats?

Postby OldAirmail » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:49 am

Uh-oh.

A certain somebody is going to start stockpiling bricks! :lol:
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby Anthindelahunt » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:10 pm

I was just about to say.Hey
it's brick time again. :lol: :lol:

I can imagine a glint in a certain person's eye. ;)

Anthin. :shifty:
Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:22 pm

I remember what happened when the dreaded American Mink were let loose in Britain!...>>>

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/e ... dlife.html

http://www.scotsman.com/news/every-mink ... d-1-756914

We should also exterminate certain; "environmentalist do-gooders".... :twisted: ....!

Paul...getting buried under domestic Cat cr*p.... :evil: ....!

Bring out the Branston Bricks!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Anthindelahunt » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:33 pm

I told you OAM.The bricks are
making a comeback. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthin. :shifty:
Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Postby Apex » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:36 am

I don't know enough about lynx to make a major comment, but whoever's thinking about this had better study it out completely first. And then some. So the sheep farmers don't like the idea, that's understandable, but what's the long term impact on the environment? That's the real question to be answered. Not "they belong here" and stuff like that. What is the environment like now and exactly how will the lynx affect it?

We have a serious python problem here in the Everglades, caused by ignorant people buying the "cute little snakes" when they're young, and not realizing just how huge they get. So the dump them off in the Everglades, and guess what? OK, pythons are certainly more problematic then lynx, but the point is the same - figure it out beforehand.
Apex
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:09 am

Apex wrote:I don't know enough about lynx to make a major comment, but whoever's thinking about this had better study it out completely first. And then some. So the sheep farmers don't like the idea, that's understandable, but what's the long term impact on the environment? That's the real question to be answered. Not "they belong here" and stuff like that. What is the environment like now and exactly how will the lynx affect it?

We have a serious python problem here in the Everglades, caused by ignorant people buying the "cute little snakes" when they're young, and not realizing just how huge they get. So the dump them off in the Everglades, and guess what? OK, pythons are certainly more problematic then lynx, but the point is the same - figure it out beforehand.

Everglades....

I suspect that many many years ago, a little boy's Dad bought him a little baby Crocodile from the Pet Shop, for his birthday.
Then one day, it got a bit too big to manage so they let it go in the local river.

Now look what has happened!... :o ... :o ....!

You cant move for Crocodiles!... :roll: ...!

Paul....Crocodile Shoes and Handbags!.... :shock: ... :lol: ....!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby H » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:18 am

Apex wrote:I don't know enough about lynx to make a major comment, but whoever's thinking about this had better study it out completely first. And then some. So the sheep farmers don't like the idea, that's understandable, but what's the long term impact on the environment? That's the real question to be answered. Not "they belong here" and stuff like that. What is the environment like now and exactly how will the lynx affect it?
We have a serious python problem here in the Everglades, caused by ignorant people buying the "cute little snakes" when they're young, and not realizing just how huge they get. So they dump them off in the Everglades, and guess what? OK, pythons are certainly more problematic than lynx, but the point is the same - figure it out beforehand.
Unless cornered, a lynx would more likely leave the scene -- with a large python, you leave the scene.
A long while ago it was decided to import some moths for biological modification for the silk industry, which didn't prove so successful; the moths got free and proved that they were successful -- reproductively, and they had no predators in their new habitat. As their population increased, they threatened to defoliate large sections of forest. To combat this overpopulation, it was deemed necessary to turn to their original homeland and import their natural predators, a somewhat belligerent wasp...
sort of a Murphy's Law meets Catch 22...

8-)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:39 am

Once upon a time, North America was populated by Native American Tribes...>>>

http://www.native-languages.org/north-america.htm

Then, lots of folk got imported from abroad.

Now look what has happened!.... :o ... :o ....!

Paul.... ;) ... ;) ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby pilotwin7 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:08 pm

Fozzer wrote:I remember what happened when the dreaded American Mink were let loose in Britain!...>>>

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/e ... dlife.html

http://www.scotsman.com/news/every-mink ... d-1-756914

We should also exterminate certain; "environmentalist do-gooders".... :twisted: ....!

Paul...getting buried under domestic Cat cr*p.... :evil: ....!

Bring out the Branston Bricks!

pilotwin7
Major
Major

Postby pilotwin7 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:28 pm

pilotwin7
Major
Major

Return to General Discussion