Anyone else giving up on Amazon "Prime"?

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

Anyone else giving up on Amazon "Prime"?

Postby OldAirmail » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:08 pm

Amazon prime has some good features. UNFORTUNATELY, the only one that matters to me is the "free 2 day shipping".

And I say unfortunately because that "2 day shipping" is getting longer and longer.

This is from noon, today.

That's FIVE day shipping. :evil:

The other benefits are useless to me.

Things like "FREE" movies - The only ones that are "free" are so bad that few would want to watch them. Even old movies from the '30s, 40's, and '50s cost money to watch.

"FREE" music and audiobooks? To listen to any of them you have to listen on a computer, cell phone, or internet connected tablet. My phone is dumber than a load of cat $4!7, and I have no intention of buying an internet connected tablet.

There are supposed to be some "free" games too, but they have the same limitation as the "free" music.

In short, the only thing that I used was the "2 day shipping", and that almost never happens any longer.

I've discontinued my "Prime" account.
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Re: Anyone else giving up on Amazon "Prime"?

Postby Jetranger » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:24 pm

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Yes 2 DAY SHIPPING !!!!

Heres how it really works,,, count 1 2 ----5 real fast now :lol: :lol: :D :D
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby Anthindelahunt » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:42 pm

Free fast shipping.

Bought a web belt on Ebay.It came from Hong Kong.
It took Three months.

Anthin. :naughty:
Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Postby H » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:32 pm

Anthindelahunt wrote:Free fast shipping. Bought a web belt on Ebay. It came from Hong Kong. It took Three months.
To get free shipping, they may have just tossed it in the ocean and let it float across. I started an order for a battery from China via Alibaba. The seller then sent an email saying the shipping information was incorrect; I either had to have someone go to China to pick it up or pay $600 for them to ship it. I let them know they weren't getting the $600 and I wasn't getting their battery.

8-)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby pilotwin7 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:41 pm

OldAirmail wrote:Amazon prime has some good features. UNFORTUNATELY, the only one that matters to me is the "free 2 day shipping".

And I say unfortunately because that "2 day shipping" is getting longer and longer.

This is from noon, today.

That's FIVE day shipping. :evil:

The other benefits are useless to me.

Things like "FREE" movies - The only ones that are "free" are so bad that few would want to watch them. Even old movies from the '30s, 40's, and '50s cost money to watch.

"FREE" music and audiobooks? To listen to any of them you have to listen on a computer, cell phone, or internet connected tablet. My phone is dumber than a load of cat $4!7, and I have no intention of buying an internet connected tablet.

There are supposed to be some "free" games too, but they have the same limitation as the "free" music.

In short, the only thing that I used was the "2 day shipping", and that almost never happens any longer.

I've discontinued my "Prime" account.

Mr. OldAirmail, I believe it, say 2 business days.

Don't get angry .. :whistle: be happy :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have a good weekend and happy, :whistle: 4 of July... :flags-usa: :happy-cheerleadersmileyguy:
pilotwin7
Major
Major

Postby C » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:48 pm

Come to the UK. I ordered something using Prime at 8pm tonight and it'll be with me tomorrow. Super ultra mega quick. ^-^
C
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:19 pm

I think, when ordering anything from Amazon (like I do), it pays to find out first which country is actually stocking the Item!

If it is stocked and sold in England then it arrives at super-speed.

If it is stocked abroad, and comes from abroad, then I reckon it will arrive some time in the future!

Stuff from the Far East is usually very quick....A couple of days!

I can mostly forget anything that comes from the USA!....The shipping postage costs many times more than the item!.... :twisted: ....!

Paul..... :mrgreen: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby OldAirmail » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:11 pm

pilotwin7 wrote:Mr. OldAirmail, I believe it, say 2 business days.

Don't get angry .. :whistle: be happy :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have a good weekend and happy, :whistle: 4 of July... :flags-usa: :happy-cheerleadersmileyguy:

When I first signed up in 2008, if it said "2 day shipping" it meant that it would take 2 full days before it would arrive.

For example -
Today, I ordered a new SSD at 1PM (My Prime membership is paid up until the end of July).

This is how it used to work all the time. Saturday, Sunday. Get it on Monday.

Now? All to often it takes from four to five days BEFORE I receive it, EVEN when it says "2 day shipping".

There have been a number of times when after three days the product has NOT EVEN shipped. I've canceled that order and place another order with a different seller to get it sooner. ALL UNDER A PROMISED "2 DAY SHIPPING".

And for that they want me to pay $99 per year? :evil:

It's pretty easy to find out how many orders you've made each year.

For the past five years I've paid $99 per year = $495 total.

I've placed 184 orders in those five years.

$495/184 = 2.69 per order.

But there are many companies offering the same, or similar, items for sale WITH free shipping.

And how much time do I have to wait to receive these items? About five or six days.

Many times I can wait.

I may WANT it NOW, but I can wait a day or two longer than it'll take Amazon to ship it to me with it's "FREE 2 day shipping".

And if I do need it with "2 day shipping", I can pay for it and still save money in the long run.

On top of that, there is a Walmart within walking distance. If you want something that is not normally stocked in their stores, you can get FREE SHIPPING to that store.

At least for now, Walmart, has far less items for sale, but when you look closely at Amazon you'll find a great many items are sold & shipped from China.

It may take three to four weeks to get it, but I've gotten a few things that just aren't available for the price any other way.

In the end, I'll still use Amazon, but not pay $99 per year to do it.

That "FREE 2 day shipping" is getting closer to "1 week shipping".
.. .

OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby Canuck1955 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:14 am

Ordered four things (computer related) on Amazon in 2016. Four things arrived and four things were returned. At least they reimbursed quickly but their QC is dire. Two items were U/S upon arrival. One had clearly been a returned item by another customer and re sent out. The last item had parts missing.
Will never use them again.
Canuck1955
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby 511Flyer » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:22 am

I'm a happy UK customer. Most orders arrive the next day, and only once have had to return an item.

:)
511Flyer
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Sinkrate » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:28 am

I ordered this from them 10 N0v 2016 – then priced at £28, and sold by Amazon Prime, not the current advertiser.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1

I’m still waiting for it! All I get from Amazon is B.S. :evil:
Sinkrate
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby OldAirmail » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:21 am

511Flyer wrote:I'm a happy UK customer. Most orders arrive the next day, and only once have had to return an item.

:)

I've tried that. Unfortunately those "Next Day" items don't, usually, apply to me.

I'm still working full time, Sat & Sun off.

"Next Day" items need to be ordered before 12 noon to get it the next day. I'm at work.

Ordering on a Saturday or a Sunday doesn't seem to work, at least where I live, because they won't ship until Monday.

Other....

I rarely get a DOA item, and it's there where Amazon shines. I complain, they email me a return shipping label. No problem.

The only times that I've gotten a "New" item that looked like it might have been used was when I've bought something that was sold through Amazon but actually shipped by the seller.

I try not to do that because Amazon has no control over what the seller/shipper does.

Used...
I will, sometimes, buy an item "Sold by" & "Shipped from" Amazon that is listed as Refurbished, Open Box, or Used if the discount is enough.

Electronic/computer parts are usually a good deal in those categories. Simply put, most young people think that they are smarter than they are. It's the education system giving them good marks for "trying" when they fail.

They'll get something like a Solid State Drive only to find that they have no clue how to install, format, and clone it. Read the one star reviews, it's always the "stupid" product that's bad.

Well, sometimes it is bad.

Sometimes not. I remember reading a "review" with someone blasting a CPU for overheating. It was obvious that they had never removed the protective plastic from the bottom of the CPU cooler.

Not knowing isn't always bad. Learning how to correct that problem is usually very good.

Anyway, a lot of products that require "knowledge" are returned that are perfectly fine.

In the end, buying items shipped by Amazon is usually fine. Shipping time is starting to be a problem. And many other Amazon sellers are now offering "Free Shipping".

Time will tell.
.. .

OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby Steve M » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:31 pm

Anthindelahunt wrote:Free fast shipping.

Bought a web belt on Ebay.It came from Hong Kong.
It took Three months.

Anthin. :naughty:

I accidently bought a wireless Spanish mouse for 12 bucks from Spain. Shipping was estimated at 45 days on Amazon Primes 30 day free trial. Amazon removed the 12 bucks in an email I got but I just found out they charged my credit account 89$ for a year of Amazon Prime. Where is Rodney Dangerfield when I need him? :doh:
Steve M
Major
Major

Postby Anthindelahunt » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:44 pm

That was nasty Steve.Shafted you for
$89 Buckaroos. :naughty:

I call it theft. :angry-tappingfoot:

Anthin... :shifty:
Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Postby OldAirmail » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:04 pm

Steve M wrote:...

I accidently bought a wireless Spanish mouse for 12 bucks from Spain. Shipping was estimated at 45 days on Amazon Primes 30 day free trial. Amazon removed the 12 bucks in an email I got but I just found out they charged my credit account 89$ for a year of Amazon Prime. Where is Rodney Dangerfield when I need him? :doh:

That's terrible, but what I want to know is.......

Can your computer understand a Spanish mouse ???

Welcome back, nice to see you again.
.. .

OldAirmail
Major
Major

Next

Return to General Discussion