One of those strange things....

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

One of those strange things....

Postby Fozzer » Sat May 20, 2017 2:12 am

...have you noticed that the paper on Toilet Rolls is getting thinner and thinner, and more and more transparent with each new purchase!... :shock: ....!

I purchase the same brand, and the same price, at my local Supermarket, whenever required, and I am always surprised at just how thin each sheet is!

I thought, at first, it maybe a desire for the paper mills, and the Supermarket, to save the Trees from extinction, but I find I am have to use larger quantities of it to obtain a satisfactory result during each visit to the Smallest Room!... :o ....!

So I am just spending more money at Sainsbury's, and using loads more paper, whilst the Trees are still dying out!

The Toilet Roll paper is now becoming as thin as the curtains on the window of my Smallest Room, and letting just as much light through!.... :doh: ....!

It is now becoming impossible to tear a sheet off, along the perforated line, without totally shredding the paper.

The visit to the Smallest Room is no longer the happy experience that it used to be, in days of yore!... :roll: ...!

I voted for Thicker Toilet Paper, and More Trees, at the last General Election, but as usual, it seems that no-one in Government is listening to me... :evil: ...!

We need a Toilet Paper Revolution!... :pray: ...!

Paul....Sitting quietly on the Throne.... ;) ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Re: One of those strange things....

Postby Sinkrate » Sat May 20, 2017 3:18 am

I purchase the same brand, and the same price, at my local Supermarket

I think you said it – if you are loyal to any one brand / company, you get screwed by them. Switching brands is the only thing you can do nowadays. This applies especially to insurance, energy and banks, as well as domestic products. The only thing you can rely on to stay the same these days is constant change. :(
Sinkrate
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Anthindelahunt » Sat May 20, 2017 5:52 am

Same thing is happening down here. :naughty:

Also,when you try and find the beginning
of said roll,it is so glued down that you have to
destroy half the roll trying to find the bloody start
of it. :angry-screaming:

Ergo.Toilet tissue is becoming more and more expensive.

Anthin... :character-willie:
Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Postby B52bob » Sat May 20, 2017 9:16 am

Oh, the horror!

Doing you duty and your fingers go through the tissue! There ought to be a law.

Seriously, I find that more and more products are shrinking or the box is not as full as before.

Anything to scrape the last penny from you.
B52bob
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby H » Sat May 20, 2017 9:19 am

This reminds me of many decades ago when I was taking Cessna flight lessons and I worked on a delivery truck for Wards, located across the road from the airport. This was during one of the early "gas(oline) crunches" and a reporter quiped that we'd soon have a toilet paper shortage. One of Ward's customers took it seriously -- one wall of his basement was stuffed at least a couple dozen rolls deep, bottom to top, with rolls of toilet paper.

Fozzer wrote:have you noticed that the paper on Toilet Rolls is getting thinner and thinner, and more and more transparent with each new purchase! I purchase the same brand, and the same price, at my local Supermarket, whenever required, and I am always surprised at just how thin each sheet is! I thought, at first, it maybe a desire for the paper mills, and the Supermarket, to save the Trees from extinction, but I find I am have to use larger quantities of it to obtain a satisfactory result during each visit to the Smallest Room!
This is no surprise to me and is not at all limited to toilet paper. For instance, the bottom of mayonaise jars only had a slightly convex bottom -- now they're of thinner plastic (glass is long gone) with a big enough base indentation that you could wear them as a cap! The jars stand as high but actually contain substantially less. Also, not that the stuff is good for me, anyway, but my favored Cains brand has changed taste -- belying that they've reduced the egg content vs the vinegar.

Fozzer wrote:The Toilet Roll paper is now becoming as thin as the curtains on the window of my Smallest Room, and letting just as much light through!
Holy vision, Foz, are you still using oiled paper for windows, as well! The bathroom is one place I want a sturdy curtain for its one window -- if I decide to let some air in, I don't want it blown off so it's never been nearly as thin as the thickest toilet paper!

Fozzer wrote:It is now becoming impossible to tear a sheet off, along the perforated line, without totally shredding the paper.
As Anthin elaborates, we've similar problems here.

Fozzer wrote:The visit to the Smallest Room is no longer the happy experience that it used to be, in days of yore!
Well, what can I say... it takes little to make some people happy?
For me, such a visit was usually a biologically necessitated annoyance in the midst of intended endeavors.

Fozzer wrote:I voted for Thicker Toilet Paper, and More Trees, at the last General Election, but as usual, it seems that no-one in Government is listening to me...
Um... Foz...
in loo lieu of other endeavors, what else gets accomplished while sitting on your 'throne'? Please use your intellect and relate this to your politicians and their endeavors. One does not consider use of the toilet paper while the refuse is still dropping -- butt, rather, once it has emptied...

Fozzer wrote:We need a Toilet Paper Revolution!
You've already got it -- the more you've had to pull off the roll, the greater the revolutions...

8-)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Sat May 20, 2017 9:48 am

H wrote:
Fozzer wrote:We need a Toilet Paper Revolution!
You've already got it -- the more you've had to pull off the roll, the greater the revolutions...

You cant say I don't make the responses easier for you, @H.... ;)

Paul.... :lol: ... :lol: ... :lol: ...!

Wonderful stuff.... :lol: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Anthindelahunt » Sat May 20, 2017 2:34 pm

By the way folks.Let's not forget the sandpaper effect
syndrome.The paper gets rougher, as we get older.It
scrapes a half millimeter off nether region. :o

Where is it going to end? :x

Anthin.Still trying not to scream after this mornings
call of nature... :angry-screaming:
Anthindelahunt