I love the way....

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

I love the way....

Postby Fozzer » Thu May 18, 2017 3:41 pm

...that "San Franciscans" revere their Parks, Gardens, and Playgrounds, etc...>>>

http://kron4.com/2017/05/17/everyone-in ... of-a-park/

The City is full of trees, flowers, and interesting places, alive with both residents and visitors!

Folks seem to love being; "out and about" in the fresh air, rather than stuck at home watching TV!

Families sit and picnic on the grass in the sunshine!

The San Francisco City Officials seem to spend a lot of time (and money) creating, "nice places" for folks to relax and enjoy!.... :dance: ....!

What is it like in your Town?

Paul..... :D ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Re: I love the way....

Postby Fozzer » Fri May 19, 2017 12:13 pm

...as long as it doesn't end in this mess!...>>>

http://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/arti ... 156606.php

Paul.... :shock: ....!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby napamule » Sat May 20, 2017 1:50 am

Where I live (actually any town, really) if you go to the park to 'picnic' you might just get mugged by a gang. They consider it their 'turf'. They can go there at 2 am and not even the cops bother them. BUT (butt?) in San Francisco there are a lot of gay people. The gang types don't like them because they fight 'dirty'. HA! So they stay clear of places where there are crowds as they would be outnumbeed 10 to 1. O0
Chuck B
Napamule
napamule
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Sat May 20, 2017 3:13 am

napamule wrote:Where I live (actually any town, really) if you go to the park to 'picnic' you might just get mugged by a gang. They consider it their 'turf'. They can go there at 2 am and not even the cops bother them. BUT (butt?) in San Francisco there are a lot of gay people. The gang types don't like them because they fight 'dirty'. HA! So they stay clear of places where there are crowds as they would be outnumbeed 10 to 1. O0
Chuck B
Napamule

One thing I always notice about California, (and probably most of the other USA Towns, etc,), is the regular planting and upkeep of trees, plants, flowers, etc, everywhere!... :dance: ....!
Amongst the city blocks there is; "greenery" everywhere!
It seems the City Officials take pride in keeping the place looking nice!

They also have nice, well-kept, roads; without drains, pot-holes, etc...(My You Tube Motorcycle travels).... ;) ...!

Up North USA, the greenery grows naturally...Down South USA, they plant it!... :D ...!

Paul.... :mrgreen: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Anthindelahunt » Sat May 20, 2017 6:01 am

Where I live,things are much the same.

Fast food wrappers,broken beer bottles,syringes,cig.buts,
dog muck etc.

Anthin... :twisted:
Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Postby H » Sat May 20, 2017 10:03 am

Fozzer wrote:...that "San Franciscans" revere their Parks, Gardens, and Playgrounds, etc...
The City is full of trees, flowers, and interesting places, alive with both residents and visitors!
Families sit and picnic on the grass in the sunshine!
Not to compare to the opposite coast -- nor even to the rest of this one...
however, parks are usually under federal, state or town jurisdictions; roadways mainly state, county and town. The greater resources are with the federal, then the state and counties. Thus, in NH, you may find a well-paved and manicured major roadway; the local roads may be well paved and manicured within view of the major roadways but, once out of their view, you may be avoiding pitfalls in the potholes as well as a less manicured roadside, much dependent upon the financial abilities of local town; NH has no state income tax and most is from 'luxury' and town property taxes.

Anthindelahunt wrote:Where I live,things are much the same. Fast food wrappers,broken beer bottles,syringes,cig.butts..
This has always irritated me. Even in my hike into forest I've found wrappers and fast food bags blown in from nearby roads. Whether walking, biking or driving, I've kept trash with me until I could find a proper container; obviously, too many consider the entire world an appropriate trash container. Aside from state government agencies, we also have volunteer groups go about in roadside janitorial service.

8-)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Anthindelahunt » Sat May 20, 2017 2:44 pm

So sad.We are fouling our own nest.Our beautiful
"Beautiful" Spaceship Earth.

What do we do with all the lowlives who don't give
a Tinkers curse about our world?
All we can do is our best to counter the mess they
make.