A mechanic never fits anywhere.

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

A mechanic never fits anywhere.

Postby Jean Loup » Mon May 15, 2017 4:36 pm

Not saying I am a wonder mechanic: I am siply curious about how moving things work & wear with use (abuse usually). The only way to keep'em working is changing the parts that wear on a regular basis, before something breaks. I also like nature, not a city creature. And there you are in a cattle ranch fixing tractors, when a derelict J-3 Cub converted for fumigation lands in the grass among that cattle, slowing down when one leg just bends sideways & the Cub comes to a stop after half a turn, resting on one wing tip, one main & the tail wheel. After close inpection with the pilot, I notice a broken screw that screwed that 3 point landing: it suported the left bungee. We found it in the local hardware store & was flying again before saying Thank You!

As I have posted some time ago, my flight from Paris to México in January 1956 was in a Connie. When I downloaded an Air France Connie, one that did not have enaugh fuel capacity to cross the Atlantic & had to refuel in the Azores islands, I installed her at Duxford airport for a trial flight.

And lost in the fore ground is a Fordson Tractor!! I became a tractor mechanic for that was the only common machinery to work on & earn a decent living (saving no money for the bank to rob you) besides very few pick-ups & small trucks with dual tires on the rear axle, so I started fixing Blue Fordsons (they were older tan the one in the screen shot: had the main beams on each side of the Hood & were a rounder design), some very old & tough Red Massey Fergussons with leverage plow control & double clutch, a mexican version of a two cilinder air cooled russian tractor painted in Orange, and no John Deer's in spite of being painted in nice ecological Green.

Not only Ford builded tractors, Porsche did after loosing the war & Lamborghini was a tractor builder before he quarreled with Enzo about the poor quality of sport cars.
:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Fordson 1961:

Lamborghini:

Porsche Diesel Junior:
...LiCENSE & REGiSTRATiON !!
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Re: A mechanic never fits anywhere.

Postby Anthindelahunt » Mon May 15, 2017 9:38 pm

great pics of those old tractors.

Nice find.

Anthin. :clap:
Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Tue May 16, 2017 2:13 am

A wonderful story of your history, Jean..... :D ....

...from Europe to the Americas!

...and some excellent screen shots and photographs.... :clap: ....!

I like reading the Sim V Members stories of their past.

Well done!

Paul....A English WW2 London refugee to the Herefordshire countryside in 1940!.... :D ....!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby boromir125 » Tue May 16, 2017 6:36 am

Excellent, thank you for sharing.
boromir125
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby H » Wed May 17, 2017 1:10 am

Reminds me of our 1952 Ford tractor which, I believe, may have had the equivalent of a Model A engine.

8-)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to General Discussion