Am I one....

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

Am I one....

Postby Fozzer » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:54 am

...of a dying breed of Users who ONLY uses his/her Windows Desktop Computer, with its QWERTY Keyboard, Mouse, and large Monitor screen, for ALL my correspondence, Forums, E-Mail, etc.

I am starting to find our that my G-Mail links (to You-Tube, etc), that I send from my Windows Desktop Computer, are not always compatible with other User's various Tablets (Google/Android) and Mobile Phones!

The tell me that some of the You-Tube, etc, links that I send to them do not work (cannot play on their device!).

I NEVER use a Tablet or a Mobile Phone for text correspondence...

...I cant be arsed with tapping a tiny screen with my finger/fingers!

I like using a proper, big keyboard, and typing lots and lots of words!.... :dance: ...!

You cant do that on a bl**dy Tablet/Mobile phone!... :twisted: ....!

So...there you go Chums...do you notice incompatibility between your preferred Mailing Device, (your snazzy, Windows Desktop gaming computer), and the folks who receive your mail, etc, on their funny/annoying little Tablets and Mobile Phones?

I am the only one in my very large family who still uses a Tower Desktop Computer for everything!....(Excluding Cooking).... :o ...!

Paul...A Dying Brood.... :cry: ...!

..... :lol: ....!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Am I one....

Postby Shadowcaster » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:00 am

I suspect I'm one of the few people who use a Windows 10 Desktop, Windows 10 Tablet and a cast off Windows 10 Phone all synced up. I very rarely text anyone but do use the Tablet to browse tin'ternet and reply to posts etc. I also have a couple of family cast off Laptops running Windows 7. I have tried Android and didn't get on with it very well :? but I am thinking of having another try with Linux on one the Laptops just for fun, not having used the OS for many years. 8-)

Cheers
Rich
All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

Spike Milligan
Shadowcaster
Major
Major

Postby H » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:17 am

I've a cell phone but won't send text messages and only read the promo ones auto-planted on the screen by the supplier because they're already there; I don't have full feeling in my fingertips and my fat fingers tended to hit multiple buttons on my standard keyboard when I did.

8-)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby ozzy72 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:54 am

Speaking as an IT geek, I configure all my devices to be inter-compatible. I love Android, my phones (I've got a work and a personal) and my tablet all communicate nicely.
The laptops and PCs at home all run on Windows or Linux.
The only fly in the ointment is Emi's iPhone. I refuse to touch that evil device :D
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Jetranger » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:22 am

MAKE ME # 2

as I still use a BIG Tower Computer to E-Mail, look over flight sim web sites, and download and watch YOU TUBE Videos and movies on VUDU Streaming site.

I've also got another Super Computer on the other table next to me that I flight Sim on that has a fair amount of RAM 16GB and a 2 GB Graphics card and a fairly high speed quadcore processor and 4 Fans

and 3 32" screens.

The main E-Mail puter just has 1 large 32" screen tho.

I tried a lap top thingy once and I couldn't type on it very well, not navigate the mouse pad thingy very well,,,,,,, gave it up

I prefer the Tower Desk top which is what I have to have to make and edit the YOU TUBE Flight Sim videos, lots of video & audio editing and graphics editing

So your NOT alone also, I still have a HOME PHONE Land line coupled to JIM's 1970'S Answering Machine :shifty: :D

Yes an actual 1970's Answering Machine , here have a peek !! :o :shifty: :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SijxE8S6wYQ[/youtube]
Jetranger
Major
Major

Return to General Discussion