Stupid people, news, etc.

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

Re: Stupid people, news, etc.

Postby expat » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:40 am

OldAirmail wrote:
Now remember - gay marriage is pretty new here in the US, so there shouldn't be a lot of divorces going on.
Now they're married and will soon have lawyers. Before they know it, they'll be divorced and much less happy.

Well not in Iceland. Gay marriage was put on the books, but gay divorce was somehow missed..... :lol:

http://icelandmag.visir.is/article/icel ... t-divorced

Matt
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby logjam » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:56 am

Why "gay?" Why not just homosexual? It really annoys me that some 20th century jerk who is ashamed of calling himself a homosexual can take a perfectly good English adjective and turn it into something totally inappropriate to it's meaning. There are still some women alive today who have to carry a name, that not of their own choice, are teased by both heterosexual and homosexual communities to the point that they have to change their name. Take for instance Gay Winterbottom. She changed her name to Pat Winterbottom because of the teasing. :think:
logjam
Major
Major

Postby OldAirmail » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:08 am

In most US states, the woman wins just about everything in a divorce: the kids, the house, the car, the mans paycheck.

So my question about gay divorces is this;

Will two women fight over who is the more "masculine", and therefore should have to pay the alimony?

Will two men argue that they are the more effeminate of the two, and so should get the alimony?

At the very least a new "Divorce Court" TV series will come about that'll make the Jerry Springer Show look like grandma's bible school. :lol:
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby expat » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:28 am

logjam wrote:Why "gay?" Why not just homosexual? It really annoys me that some 20th century jerk who is ashamed of calling himself a homosexual can take a perfectly good English adjective and turn it into something totally inappropriate to it's meaning. There are still some women alive today who have to carry a name, that not of their own choice, are teased by both heterosexual and homosexual communities to the point that they have to change their name. Take for instance Gay Winterbottom. She changed her name to Pat Winterbottom because of the teasing. :think:

My aunt Gay has the same problem, a lovely name that has been stolen. Fortunately, she has a cracking sense of humour, Hi I'm Gay.......Mind you, when Al and Teddy moved in next door and she did the neighbourly thing and took around some cookies, that made for a slight pregnant pause until the penny dropped on all sides..... :lol: and incidentally, very nice guys too. I though my aunt could cook until Al invited us around one night.......I needed a wheel barrow for the ten feet back to my aunts house...... :shock:

Matt
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:07 am

...again...

I think its a crying shame the the lovely old English word; "Gay" has been attributed to various Folks of dubious/confusing "sexuality".
I have an interesting "alternative" selection of words to describe them....

..."...All in the best possible taste!"....Trust me!....>>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkqxagJglaI

Paul.... :lol: ... :lol: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby OldAirmail » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:27 am

gay (adj.)
14c., "full of joy, merry; light-hearted, carefree;" also "wanton, lewd, lascivious" (late 12c. as a surname, Philippus de Gay), from Old French gai "joyful, happy; pleasant, agreeably charming; forward, pert; light-colored" (12c.; compare Old Spanish gayo, Portuguese gaio, Italian gajo, probably French loan-words).

Ultimate origin disputed; perhaps from Frankish *gahi (related to Old High German wahi "pretty"), though not all etymologists accept this. Meaning "stately and beautiful; splendid and showily dressed" is from early 14c. In the English of Yorkshire and Scotland formerly it could mean "moderately, rather, considerable" (1796; compare sense development in pretty (adj.)).

The word gay by the 1890s had an overall tinge of promiscuity -- a gay house was a brothel.

The suggestion of immorality in the word can be traced back at least to the 1630s, if not to Chaucer:
But in oure bed he was so fressh and gay
Whan that he wolde han my bele chose.
.. .

OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby OldAirmail » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:50 am

Snip, snip. There are two people that ought to be neutered.

1) Man accused of pulling out 3 teeth from austistic 4-year-old in his care
"Nicholas Kernechel, 27, of East Greenville, Penn., has been charged with assaulting a 4-year-old boy with autism, including pulling three of his teeth out, while baby-sitting him last summer."

From the police
"The teeth were bloody but intact, from the tooth through the top of the root," authorities said in a statement."

And

From the "mans" lawyer
2) "Defense attorney Patrick McMenamin Jr. on Monday called the child's injuries "an unfortunate accident."

His client, he said, was helping the boy get out of bed to use the bathroom and the child slipped and fell, apparently hitting his head on a bedside table and the floor.
"

The "man" is stupid for thinking that he could get away with this, the lawyer is stupid for thinking that anyone would believe his load of BS.

And just when you thought that the reputation of lawyers couldn't get any worse.
.. .

OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby OldAirmail » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:32 am

I hate picking on lawyers. I REALLY, REALLY do.

It's just too easy.

So lets talk about a person who would use such a stupid, opportunistic, lawyer - Aunt sues 'loving' 8-year-old nephew over injury.

Simple facts. An eight year old boy is happy to see his aunt at his birthday party. He runs to her, and knocks her over in his excitement. She breaks her wrist in the fall, but doesn't say or do anything about the broken wrist at the time.

Four years later she sues the kid, who's now 12. The father, who you would expect to pay if she should win, wasn't included in the lawsuit.

The boy's mother died last year. Did he just come in to some money?

Her lawyer says;
"a reasonable eight year old under those circumstances would know or should have known that a forceful greeting such as the one delivered by the defendant to the plaintiff could cause the harms and losses suffered by the plaintiff,"

A reasonable eight year old... ???

But her life IS hard. She testified that;
"I was at a party recently, and it was difficult to hold my hors d'oeuvre plate..."

Somehow I don't think that she'll be attending too many parties from now on, anyway.

I could be wrong, she obviously has no shame.
.. .

OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:59 am

I am daily addicted to watching; "Judge Judy", on the TV, CBS Reality Channel...>>>

http://www.judgejudy.com/

...and the ridiculous stuff that some of our North American cousins bring to the "Small Claims Court", (<5,000 USD) mostly leads me to doubt their sanity!

....good for a laugh though!... :lol:....!

Paul..... :mrgreen: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby expat » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:38 pm

She took four years........

Matt

expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby logjam » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:50 pm

No wonder Judge Judy is so cranky. Her show is worth watching whenever life seems to take a brain freeze.
logjam
Major
Major

Postby OldAirmail » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:17 pm

O, wonder!
How many goodly creatures are there here!
How beauteous mankind is! O brave new world,
That has such people in't!

This man had his ears removed to look more like his pet parrots

"....and says that he's now looking for a surgeon who will help turn his nose into a beak."

Thank God that I don't have to keep up with fashion!
.. .

OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby logjam » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:28 pm

Looks like he tucked his ear lobes into the space left by his brain.
logjam
Major
Major

Postby expat » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:09 am

logjam wrote:Looks like he tucked his ear lobes into the space left by his brain.

Nice one Centurion.............. :lol: :lol:

Matt

expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby OldAirmail » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:40 am

OH, COME ON BRITS!

Police warn they will not investigate thefts PUBLISHED: 08:23, Sun, Oct 18, 2015

"Low risk, low threat and low harm issues will receive increasingly less focus - Shaun Sawyer, Chief Constable of Devon and Cornwall"

"He said the force would have to axe neighbourhood policing and community support officers, close every inquiry desk and lose most road traffic teams and dogs units. The cuts would see police officer numbers slashed from 3,611 in 2010 to 1,699 in 2020, a reduction of more than 50 per cent in a decade."

You know that the part about loosing "most road traffic teams" is a lie. There's no way that any police force going to loose it's biggest source of non-governmental income.

This has got to be a scare tactic to get more money, right?
.. .

OldAirmail
Major
Major

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion