Maybe its just me....

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

Re: Maybe its just me....

Postby Flacke » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:41 am

Anthindelahunt wrote:Well said Flacke.I have seen so many people lost in never never land on their Cells.
They walk straight into you or a wall or a bus.I have a mobility scooter now and when
I don't have a Carer I use it to get to the Super Market etc.

I am constantly run over by people lost on their phones.I would rather be back in the
Britis Columbia forests away from it all.

Anthin. :snooty: :cry:

I agree Anthin, there are few places on Earth that are better to live in than a British Columbia Forest area with the Trees and abundant fresh water and wildlife , heavenly for sure.
Flacke
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Anthindelahunt » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:47 am

Lovely to hear from you Fozzer.It has been a long time.
It is good to be back among friends.

Anthin.Looking for a third hand ex F-14 Tomcat engine.Mach
4 scooter.
Kick the tyers and light the fires.I feel an need for speed.

Anthin. :o :shifty:
Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:11 am

I must admit to being a slightly naughty boy here!... :roll:...

I do have a "Mobile Phone"!.... :( ...!

Its is a "pay-as-you-go" phone, with a big screen and big buttons, suitable for Old Age Pensioners, (like me), and cost me a measly £15, (in Queen Victoria money)... :D ...!
If I don't use it, it costs me nothing!... :whistle: ...!
It is always switched OFF, and only carried with me on my Motorcycle trips in case I break-down, and I need the call our National Breakdown Service (AA) to recover myself and my motorcycle, and take us both back home again!!
Otherwise, it is never used...
...and no-one else knows that I have it, I don't tell them, and they don't have my number... :lol: ....
...more wonderful SILENCE!.... :dance: ...!
So there you go, Chums, time to come clean!.... :lol: ...!
Paul.... :D ... :D ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:41 am

Anthindelahunt wrote:Lovely to hear from you Fozzer.It has been a long time.
It is good to be back among friends.

Anthin.Looking for a third hand ex F-14 Tomcat engine.Mach
4 scooter.
Kick the tyers and light the fires.I feel an need for speed.

Anthin. :o :shifty:

Hello, Anthin!
Good to see you again!
I've been keeping up with the news of all the devastating wildfires on the Auzzie South-East coast, and the same on the Pacific Coast of the USA; California, Oregon, and Washington State!
While I complain about the lack of warmth in my back garden in England, those poor folks have been having a real hard time of it!
Take care, Anthin, and keep SAFE, with all this nasty Virus stuff around!... :cry: ...!
Paul... :D ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Anthindelahunt » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:57 pm

You too my friend.Wearing my mask when I go to the Mall.
No new cases here in the A.C.T in about three Months.

Anthin. :clap: :whistle:
Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Postby Sinkrate » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:55 am

I do have a "Mobile Phone"!.... :( ...!

Its is a "pay-as-you-go" phone, with a big screen and big buttons, suitable for Old Age Pensioners, (like me), and cost me a measly £15, (in Queen Victoria money)... :D ...!
If I don't use it, it costs me nothing!... :whistle: ...

I too have a PAYG phone (which I never use, it’s just for security calls from the bank etc.) but I have to make at least one chargeable call every 6 months or the card gets cancelled - naturally, I forget to do it. :whistle: I’ve been caught twice with this scam and it has cost me £20 so far to not make any calls!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Sinkrate
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby ISSHIKI » Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:59 pm

Hey grandpas, no offense here. i agree with your saying " new gens are just using the technology at hands." the point is no matter which generation, people always like to use what is available at their time and other gens (previous & next) will not fully understand it. and also agree that the advancement in technology also makes people less interactive with others in real life and more interactive virtually. they spend more time at their room playing games, texting others, streaming games & videos. and i'm one of them and i regret it that i end up in this way. kinemaster mods
ISSHIKI
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Captainslog » Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:29 pm

You are not alone Fozzer, the world is upside down! <<r
Captainslog
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Lucas brown » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:22 am

andywilson wrote:
expat wrote:I read this with interest. I am so close to 50 I can almost taste (the beer of celebration) and have pretty much embraced it although I do not understand Twitter.....having a coffee and then going to curl one off..... :shock:
I grew up being the generation that saw the introduction of computers. I started with a ZX81 and today have a Note 4, smaller thinner and more power than an early computer could dream of being. In comparison, today's phones are in the realms of science fiction. I have Facebook which I generally visit in the evening if I have time. My family is all over the world and it is a great way to stay in contact with pictures and what's happening and as it is instant, those who are 1000's of miles away it is possible to have a conversation in real time with more than one person unlike the phone that cannot share content. I also use Whatsapp a lot.Again it is possible to send pictures and messages and with whatsapp, messages that can be as long as an email. Reading between the lines, this is more about the size of the keyboard that anything else. Email can be just as instant if you happen to be sat at your computer. Before Whatsapp, I had very long instant email conversations with my cousin in America. Why is everyone here so hooked on email. Why not go back to writing a letter, a photo or two enclosed..? Letters became email, email became Whatsapp or Facebook. Seems odd that people jump happily from letters to email and then stall at the next generation of communication. As for teenagers walking around head down, what were you doing at the same age that was annoying the crap out of the senior generation..... :lol:

Matt

I used WhatsApp a lot but since I found out that WhatsApp and Instagram were bought by Facebook, I have stopped using WhatsApp. :hand: :doh:

Everyone knows that instagram and whatsapp are sponsered by facebook.but i migrated to telegram from whatsapp.
Lucas brown
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Sim Picklens » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:41 am

No it's not just you,I tie a string to my cell phone and the wall just to remind me of the good old days...I never leave home with it.
Sim Picklens
Ground hog
Ground hog

Previous

Return to General Discussion