Hello, All;

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

Hello, All;

Postby H » Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:10 pm

It's been some while since visiting Simv. I had someone modify a roll-away bed table with a 31" TV/Monitor bolted to it and got my personal PC set up in my hospital room for use last night; I just set it up for internet and here I am out of my bed, sitting on my wheel chair and typing this. During more than 1½ years passing, this is the 5th hospital in which I've been a resident (don't like calling myself a patient — for a long while now I've been quite "im"patient). I sometimes feel a scare that the scar, resulting from sealing my ulcerated stomach, might split open but, supposedly, it's quite well healed. For the most part, my right leg and foot has healed although missing a toe. The urine catheter (oh, pleasantry of pleasantries) was removed a day after the wound-vac was removed from the large wound on my left lower leg two hospitals ago and, hopefully, said wound has finally sealed — successfully — for the final time; the muscles to the ankle below it have been regrowing and slowly strengthening (I lost @ 60 lbs of muscle throughout my body during the coma period and I've had continued muscle aches everywhere: they've asked if I wanted something for the pain but the sadists wouldn't oblige even though I think I was smiling when I asked for a hammer); the loss of a portion of that heelbone makes stability difficult (for short distances I can stagger around fairly well without a walker but standing in one spot for even 5 seconds isn't easily achieved); hopefully, the special boots that have been on order for the past month will finally arrive and I can actually do something similar to walking (hmm... maybe more like a real-life simulation). The first wound area attended to following the healing of my ulcerated stomach was the removal of a large section of my back but, the slowest to heal, we're still waiting for it to close and seal.
I'm also intending to improve my eyesight (I copy & paste — as with this — to/from Notepad or Wordpad so I can read/type in larger print; even with this large screen I sometimes use a magnifying glass along with my eye-glasses to see more clearly); there's now a conflict of opinion between eye-doctors as to whether my retinas or my cataracts should be tended to first.
Meanwhile — betwixt my wound care, blood checks, temperature checks ("Mind if I take your temperature?" she asked. "Of course!" I quipped, "Waste all of this time in the hospital just to have you leave me cold stone dead?"), daily med times (diarhea-causing antibiotics delivered via IV will forever remain a memorable experience, especially when I was immobilized abed) and drowsiness and unexpected naps from it all — I'm occasioned to the loudspeaker call of the emergency code alert for another room in the ward... reminding me that others are in more dire circumstance than I and all I can do is offer prayer...
I hope this hasn't been a disturbing report; some of you older members of this forum may have wondered where I disappeared to (not that I'd be a first and only) and, although I currently have the means, I don't always have internet access here; I'm also confronted by the unexpected and have to take each day as it comes but I hope to be well enough to leave — which also means I need to find a place to live.

I pray all of you are doing well,
H
VA Hospital
Room E113
Manchester, NH
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Hello, All;

Postby pete » Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:50 am

Good to hear from you and how you are keeping H.
Wow you have been through a lot. I know a few peole who have been through some very tough times lately, including my brother dying of covid, and I'm more than sympathetic.

Please keep us posted and I wish you good health and continued recovery!!
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby hertzie » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:56 am

Well, quite a story! Hope your recovery will go on, so maybe someday you will enjoy flightsimming again (it seems you can handle a joystick). Let us know how it goes and if there's something that will brighten your day, let us know.

Wish you all the best,

hertzie.
hertzie
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby yancovitch » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:11 pm

wow wow.....and i'm worrying about my little ulcer?.......i pray you well ......god willing of course :D ...vic
yancovitch
Major
Major

Location: born montreal, lived vancouver, now live in burns lake bc.

Postby TruNorthSim » Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:51 pm

I noticed that you are in a VA hospital. You're a fellow veteran and flight simmer, and I wish you a speedy recovery!
TruNorthSim
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to General Discussion