Dashing around with a Cam....

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

Dashing around with a Cam....

Postby Fozzer » Thu May 25, 2017 1:46 am

As a Motorcyclist who frequently rides around with a Video Camera attached to my Crash Helmet, recording both sound and video during my travels around my local English countryside for fellow motorcyclists, (and anyone else, especially my American Motorcycle Chums), to view on You Tube....

...I found this article interesting...>>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39999009

One thing I always make a point of, is avoiding videoing folks in close vicinity (Petrol Stations, Shops, etc,).
Not everyone likes being videoed for all sorts of reasons, so I always switch the camera off, or remove it.

Its interesting to observe its accepted/unacceptable use in other countries!

Paul...Candid Camera.... 8-) ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Dashing around with a Cam....

Postby Bud Greene » Thu May 25, 2017 5:03 pm

Fozzer, I keep four dashcams rolling when I drive, covering the full 360 degree view out of my car. I do this for my protection and it has helped in the past to I.D. a hit-and-run driver in a parking lot (the g-force from the impact started the cameras rolling). But the reason I initially installed them was due to threats from local gangs (I called the cops on a Blood member...three times, lol) and have subsequently been harassed just about everywhere I go. NOT COOL when I have my daughter with me. Personally, I dislike cameras but I have to accept the fact they're everywhere and here to stay. Big Brother is watching...and little sis, mom, dad, uncle...you get the point. To me it's love/hate, cameras are both a boon and a burden to bear.
Bud Greene
Captain
Captain

Return to General Discussion