Instrument Flight Tutorials?

Ask questions about flying techniques here. Real or Simulated - the principles are the same!

Instrument Flight Tutorials?

Postby DaveSims » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:51 am

I am considering finally completing my instrument rating, now that I have a means to do so relatively cheap.  I did quite a bit of instrument training ten years ago, and wanted to use FS to brush up on my basic skills before going out and wasting too much Avgas.

I know we have the PPL tutorials on the top of the page here, and at one time Brett talked of doing instrument tutorials.  Were these tutorials ever done?
DaveSims
Major
Major

Re: Instrument Flight Tutorials?

Postby aeroart » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:53 pm

Check your local library for William Kershner's "Instrument Flight Manual." He wrote great instruction manuals.

The FAA's website also has free manuals, including instrument flying and, separately, instrument flight procedures. The AIM is also available on that site. You can print any or all of anything listed.

Art
aeroart
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Gregorio » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:54 pm

If it is still time, there is a book called Microsoft Flight Simulator X for Pilots - Real World Training that, as far as I could check, is very good and also specifically written towards those that want to use FSX to train real procedures. It has a section only on instrument rating.
Gregorio
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Jokerc152 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:43 am

If it is still time, there is a book called Microsoft Flight Simulator X for Pilots - Real World Training that, as far as I could check, is very good and also specifically written towards those that want to use FSX to train real procedures. It has a section only on instrument rating.

Yeah that book is fairly good I used it quite a bit when I went to do my instrument rating helped quite a bit :)
Jokerc152
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Flight School