Pratice long Flights

Ask questions about flying techniques here. Real or Simulated - the principles are the same!

Pratice long Flights

Postby thomasmendozajr » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:51 pm

Hi I fly to Hawaii from KLAX(LA) to PHNL(Honolulu) it depends of what flight simulator you use If you use FSX and your going 330 KIAS at FL330 it usually will take 7-8 Hours or in FS2004 Its about 5-6 hour flight. Ive been flying Flight Sims since FS2002 and I have experienced a lot more in the long flight then I do in Short Flights. there are a number of tools to use in FS2004/FSX that makes it real. if you do a long flight and you wan to know how to handle a bad situation set a random Failure to happen so that you don't know what is happening until you can over come the problem. and if your really wanting to get into the advance stuff of flying a long flight is the best way to go. use your gps More to get better understanding of it also look for the terms of the gps before you start. that way you have a basic understanding how to manage your flight. while in flight. also try to stay in the cockpit as much as possible so that you can understand there aircraft functions better and where each function is, Lights, Fuel Pumps, Fuel feed,Gauges, And radio,ect, all are different in each aircraft. the dangers of flying a plane on a long flight is Not knowing how to fly it. or what to do when something goes wrong. these are good practices for real pilots and newbies. it wont be long and you will fly like a pro. :)
Last edited by thomasmendozajr on Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3,Nvidia GTS450, AMD FX 6 Core Black Edition, 32GB RAM, windows 7 64bit,
thomasmendozajr
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Pratice long Flights

Postby FSX » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:36 am

Cool!
FSX
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Flight School