Pattern Entry

Ask questions about flying techniques here. Real or Simulated - the principles are the same!

Re: Pattern Entry

Postby Brett_Henderson » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:04 am

[quote]I usually achieve TPA on the downwind.
Brett_Henderson
Major
Major

Postby JoBee » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:31 am

[quote]I usually achieve TPA on the downwind.
Don't argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
JoBee
Captain
Captain

Postby olderndirt » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:35 pm

For a time, back in the early seventies, Patty Wagstaff's dad had a flying school at Merrill Field PAMR in Anchorage.
[img]http://www.simviation.com/yabbuploads/oldrt18.jpg
olderndirt
Major
Major

Postby DaveSims » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:06 pm

[quote]For a time, back in the early seventies, Patty Wagstaff's dad had a flying school at Merrill Field PAMR in Anchorage.
DaveSims
Major
Major

Postby Capt.Propwash » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:00 pm

[quote][quote]I usually achieve TPA on the downwind.
The thoughts and expressions contained in the post above are solely my own, and not necessarily those of Simviation.com, its Moderators, its Staff, its Members, or other guests. They can not, are not, and will not be held liable for any thoughts, or expre
Capt.Propwash
Major
Major

Postby beaky » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:46 pm

Hello!

Brett: Thanks! I wasn't sure if there was a set procedure or time frame for achieving TPA. I'll continue to practice and make the transitions smoother.

Alan :)

The only really important thing is to not climb up or drop down into the downwind leg, for obvious reasons... how you manage that is up to you.
beaky
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby JoBee » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:31 am

[quote][quote][quote]I usually achieve TPA on the downwind.
Don't argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
JoBee
Captain
Captain

Postby Capt.Propwash » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:09 am

now i think i understand.   when ATC tells you the pattern, they are telling you which direction the "PATTERN" is, they leave it up to you to figure out how the hell to get into it.   got 'cha
The thoughts and expressions contained in the post above are solely my own, and not necessarily those of Simviation.com, its Moderators, its Staff, its Members, or other guests. They can not, are not, and will not be held liable for any thoughts, or expre
Capt.Propwash
Major
Major

Postby JoBee » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:06 am

This is a common drawing explaining a standard left-hand traffic pattern. Note the right
Last edited by JoBee on Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JoBee
Captain
Captain

Postby Capt.Propwash » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:21 pm

there are just some things that "the learning center" should 'SHOW' you to teach you.  ... lol, then again it just might and i didnt look hard enough.

one thing that my boss always says when he wants someone to go rummage through the trucks to find something, and you cant find it .. is "IF YOU CAN'T FIND IT, IT'S BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T LOOK HARD ENOUGH!!!"

in some reguards, that could also go for help on Flight Sim.  If you want help to a problem, and you cant find an answer, (someone) didnt look hard enough for the answer before asking for help in finding it. 

[if anyone really notices, i rarely ever ask for help to situations about flight sim on here, as I had learned 6 years ago that GOOGLE was my friend  :) [smiley=laugh.gif]]
Capt.Propwash
Major
Major

Postby flaminghotsauce » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:34 pm

[quote]This is a common drawing explaining a standard left-hand traffic pattern. Note the right
Last edited by flaminghotsauce on Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flaminghotsauce
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby olderndirt » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:53 pm

If you understand the 'Theorem of Pythagoras', you'll have no trouble with forty five to the downwind  :).
[img]http://www.simviation.com/yabbuploads/oldrt18.jpg
olderndirt
Major
Major

Postby beaky » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:02 pm

[quote]If you understand the 'Theorem of Pythagoras', you'll have no trouble with forty five to the downwind
beaky
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Flight School