Wish me luck!

Ask questions about flying techniques here. Real or Simulated - the principles are the same!

Wish me luck!

Postby RitterKreuz » Sat Nov 01, 2003 3:38 am

Im going up for my Multi-Engine Instructor check ride by Wednesday the 5th of November. I should do well but i would love to hear some good luck wishes from the forum!  ;D
RitterKreuz
Major
Major

Re: Wish me luck!

Postby ozzy72 » Sat Nov 01, 2003 3:39 am

Good luck mate ;)

Ozzy
There are two types of aeroplane, Spitfires and everything else that wishes it was a Spitfire!
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Fredgirardo » Sat Nov 01, 2003 5:24 pm

;)Good luck Dud
Fredgirardo
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby OTTOL » Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:11 pm

;)Good luck Dud

I think he means DUDE!  :-[  :)                      Dude

............don't want you going out there on a negative vibe!  ;D
.....so I loaded up the plane and moved to Middle-EEEE..........OIL..that is......
OTTOL
Captain
Captain

Postby Aces-High » Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:07 pm

How did it go?
Aces-High
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby RitterKreuz » Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:52 pm

rescheduled... i have the flu  :(
RitterKreuz
Major
Major

Postby C » Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:36 am

[quote]rescheduled... i have the flu
C
Colonel
Colonel

Postby KnightStryker » Fri Nov 07, 2003 11:35 am

Best of luck RitterKruez!
Do let us know how it goes.

Kevin
KnightStryker
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby RitterKreuz » Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:34 pm

thanks it should be monday if im feeling better.
RitterKreuz
Major
Major

Postby RitterKreuz » Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:27 pm

Well i had to cancel monday, hated to do it but i wasnt going to show up with a 102 fever either. The check ride was moved to today Friday the 14th of November.

We got started with the oral exam around 11:30 which went pretty well, i only managed to stumble into a couple of his FAA Examiner mind traps ( hate when that happens) but I managed.

He seemed a little upset that i did not use the cowl flaps during the drag demo which the Test Standards say you have to do but he let it slide since it "is such a BS thing to fail someone for" he then got me back on the ground and congratulated me with a shiney new M.E.I certificate! Beer is on me tonight!
RitterKreuz
Major
Major

Postby OTTOL » Fri Nov 14, 2003 11:09 pm

Congrats!!!!    Nothing like the feeling AFTER you finish a checkride.   Next stop, ATP?
.....so I loaded up the plane and moved to Middle-EEEE..........OIL..that is......
OTTOL
Captain
Captain

Postby RitterKreuz » Sat Nov 15, 2003 1:04 am

I have a couple of hundred hours to add to the log book before i can do the ATP but that will come pretty quick. so yeah i guess the ATP would be next on the list. i hear the ATP written is a major pain in the a$$. anybody know?? the only time i saw it was a few years ago when i was working on my instrument rating and i cought a glimpse of an ATP practice written. seemed to be jammed with FARs, NTSB and even some jet aircraft performance problems (?)
RitterKreuz
Major
Major

Postby OTTOL » Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:57 pm

First of all, when you see the book, or buy it, you'll notice that it is as thick as a telephone book. Remember that ATP pt121 and pt135 are there, and you only have to take one or the other. Also the ATP Rotorwing questions and FAA Dispatcher are in there as well. So when you break it down, only about half of the questions apply to you.
Secondly, I have been told that they are changing the question pool(so this advice MAY not apply), but you just have to memorize question and answer to pass. I hold A&P Comm/Multi/Inst/ATP, CFI/CFII,MEI. The lowest grade I have ever gotten, was a 94%. It seems impossible to memorize 1,000 Q&A's at first, but after you read every one once, over half are so easy that you can scratch them off. Just keep repeating this routine and within a week, you should be down to about 50-100 really hard questions. If you have any solid ethics, the thought will cross your mind that "I need to study and actually know every question". I can tell you that as a former instructor, and a pilot of over 20 years, the FAA questions are unrealistic, aggravating and generally, have no real world applications.  
OTTOL
Captain
Captain

Postby KnightStryker » Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:37 pm

Congrats on the MEI cert!!!

Wish I could afford to take lessons, I guess flying will probably never fit into my budget. Oh well I can always dream. Anyways congrats again.

Kevin
KnightStryker
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Return to Flight School