FS2004 Choppers, need help!

Ask questions about flying techniques here. Real or Simulated - the principles are the same!

FS2004 Choppers, need help!

Postby Mike Thurman » Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:52 pm

Does anyone know where i can lear to fly chopper??
I really want to learn!
Mike Thurman
Major
Major

Re: FS2004 Choppers, need help!

Postby PH_AJH » Fri Oct 24, 2003 3:54 pm

Try this one
http://www.hovercontrol.com/

Lots of quality downloads, tutorials and a whole lot more. They have a training department as well I think.
Cheers
AJ
PH_AJH

Postby Mike Thurman » Sun Oct 26, 2003 5:14 am

I was hoping that you would not say that. I like hovercontrol, well actually love it, but I've never unerstood the training
Mike Thurman
Major
Major

Postby PH_AJH » Sun Oct 26, 2003 6:28 am

I was hoping that you would not say that.

.......well ummmm....I'm sorry :-[

On the other hand: I never took any training but I found some helpful documents on their site which made controlling a chopper far easier then ever for me.
What helped the most was changing the settings on the joystick to maximum sensitivity for all axis and forcefeedback off. That and setting realism to 2 clicks from max for everything.

I'm sorry I can't help you any further. Just curious: what is it you don't understand about their training? (remember I never took their training) Is it the part of joining or the flying itself? Either way, maybe their forum could help you out?

Cheers
AJ
PH_AJH

.Re: FS2004 Choppers, need help!

Postby Mike Thurman » Sun Oct 26, 2003 6:40 am

You don't need to be sorry, cause it's not a problem. The only thing about my difficulties is probably that i'm flying with the numpad keys, and my dad is to busy to get a joystick. :(
Mike Thurman
Major
Major

Postby PH_AJH » Sun Oct 26, 2003 11:00 am

I was only kidding about being sorry LOL
Anyway you'll find it a lot easier with a joystick. Make sure you get one with a throttlecontrol, otherwise you still don't have a collective. Set it up as described and start practising...cause flying a chopper takes a lot of practice. O I forgot in the previous post: set null-zones to zero for all axis as well.

For anybody else who is reading this and stopped flying choppers because they find it to hard (as I did):
With the setup as described it's really different. Not easy but certainly possible. Hovering is a lot less a nightmare (but still a challenge)
Try it

Cheers
AJ

Good luck
AJ

I
PH_AJH

Return to Flight School