Other current Flight Simulators

FlightGear 2.4.0 released!

Postby geneb » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:28 am

geneb
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: FlightGear 2.4.0 released!

Postby hyperpep111 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:23 pm

Wouldn't download it if your card does not support opengl.
Most people think that flying a plane is dangerous, except pilots because they know how easy it is.
Arguing with a pilot is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a while you begin to think the pig likes it.
hyperpep111
Major
Major

Postby geneb » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:10 pm

You'll be hard pressed to find a video card that DOESN'T support OpenGL.

g.
geneb
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby ozzy72 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:14 pm

I can't wait to get my teeth stuck into this 8-)
There are two types of aeroplane, Spitfires and everything else that wishes it was a Spitfire!
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Strategic Retreat » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:13 pm

On paper seems they just make a huge step forward... and there's no reason not to believe them, as, differently from some other people that will remain here unnamed, FlightGear's developers aren't trying to sell us anything. :P

Must seriously think about installing it, FG, for once... maybe as soon I manage to return from vacation and buy another HD. :)
Last edited by Strategic Retreat on Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no such a thing as overkill. Only unworthy targets.
Strategic Retreat
Captain
Captain

Postby hyperpep111 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:40 am

You'll be hard pressed to find a video card that DOESN'T support OpenGL.

g.

Oops.. My bad. My windows 7 does not support opengl. So I cant play that awesome game.
Most people think that flying a plane is dangerous, except pilots because they know how easy it is.
Arguing with a pilot is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a while you begin to think the pig likes it.
hyperpep111
Major
Major

Postby hyperpep111 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:47 am

On paper seems they just make a huge step forward... and there's no reason not to believe them, as, differently from some other people that will remain here unnamed, FlightGear's developers aren't trying to sell us anything. :P

Must seriously think about installing it, FG, for once... maybe as soon I manage to return from vacation and buy another HD. :)

OMG!!!!!!
Strategic has been impressed. I am not worthy to witness this momentous event in the history of earth
hyperpep111
Major
Major

Postby Strategic Retreat » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:48 am

Very funny, hyperpep. I always appreciate when steps forwards are made in a whatever environment, and so it seems it's happened under FlightGear.

As a corollary to the previous paragraph, it's not quite my fault that, when OTHERS try to sell hot air as a huge step forward (in their little minds only and exclusively for the sake of their huge bank accounts) in whatever they make, I end up remaining suitably unimpressed. :-?

PS
What kind of graphic card do you have that it doesn't give you OpenGL support, anyway? An integrated video adapter of the cheap Intel (or other brand) shared memory kind?
Last edited by Strategic Retreat on Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Strategic Retreat
Captain
Captain

Postby hyperpep111 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:49 am

Very funny, hyperpep. I always appreciate when steps forwards are made in a whatever environment, and so it seems it's happened under FlightGear.

As a corollary to the previous paragraph, it's not quite my fault that, when OTHERS try to sell hot air as a huge step forward (in their little minds only and exclusively for the sake of their huge bank accounts) in whatever they make, I end up remaining suitably unimpressed. :-?

PS
What kind of graphic card do you have that it doesn't give you OpenGL support, anyway? An integrated video adapter of the cheap Intel (or other brand) shared memory kind?

It's the stupid 4 series chipset >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(.

Although I am looking at a new laptop.
hyperpep111
Major
Major

Postby Strategic Retreat » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:04 am

It's the stupid 4 series chipset >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(.

I actually had to google for it to confirm my suspicions. You DO know that it'd be better for you to use an ancient Geforce TI4400 (if you could fond one and install it, that is) rather than those, right? :-?

Cheap (by comparison) laptops are not really made for serious gaming (though serious and gaming in the same sentence stinks a little of oxymoron), that and, if you cannot find a driver with OpenGL support from Intel themselves, you can always try and search around for a working DirectX-2-OpenGL wrapper (though your performances will inevitably take a plunge). :-/

Try another laptop, if you want, but be sure it has either a Nvidia or a Ati video GPU, better if with dedicated NOT shared video memory (though they cost a little more, they can be used for gaming without having to sacrifice almost nothing). ;)
Last edited by Strategic Retreat on Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Strategic Retreat
Captain
Captain

Postby hyperpep111 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:07 pm

I actually had to google for it to confirm my suspicions. You DO know that it'd be better for you to use an ancient Geforce TI4400 (if you could fond one and install it, that is) rather than those, right? :-?

Cheap (by comparison) laptops are not really made for serious gaming (though serious and gaming in the same sentence stinks a little of oxymoron), that and, if you cannot find a driver with OpenGL support from Intel themselves, you can always try and search around for a working DirectX-2-OpenGL wrapper (though your performances will inevitably take a plunge). :-/

Try another laptop, if you want, but be sure it has either a Nvidia or a Ati video GPU, better if with dedicated NOT shared video memory (though they cost a little more, they can be used for gaming without having to sacrifice almost nothing). ;)

Yep. Saving up for a hp pavilion ds4 or something like that :-/
hyperpep111
Major
Major

Postby BeechCraft118 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:20 pm

Wow, this looks like it has potential.

Flight Simulator is still, by far, the best Flight simulator ever.
BeechCraft118
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Club508 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:44 pm

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!
This is I'm pretty sure my first time checking this out, and I haven't even downloaded it and I'm already amazed!
Last edited by Club508 on Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Club508
Major
Major

Postby Club508 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:47 pm

uh....,. kinda hard for something to not be what it is...  Isn't it? :-?
Or am I Einstien come back from the grave? :D
Club508
Major
Major

Postby hyperpep111 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:04 am

uh....,. kinda hard for something to not be what it is...
hyperpep111
Major
Major

Next

Return to Xplane, Flightgear, Orbiter and other Flight Simulators