FlightGear = Flight Pro Sim???

Other current Flight Simulators

FlightGear = Flight Pro Sim???

Postby RaptorF22 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:57 pm

The screenshots on the Flight Pro Sim website (http://flightprosim.com/) look exactly like the screenshots on the FlightGear website. And does it seem funny to anyone that Flight Pro Sim uses almost exactly the same airplanes that FlightGear uses? Anyone know anything about this???

[edit]After a little more research, I found this[/edit]
Last edited by RaptorF22 on Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RaptorF22
Major
Major

Re: FlightGear = Flight Pro Sim???

Postby Frequent Flyer » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:04 pm

The Truth Behind Flight Pro Sim (26 October 2009) When we here at FlightSim.Com first heard about Flight Pro Sim (flightprosim.com) we were excited to think there was a new sim available. However, some research determined that this is nothing more than a boxed version of the well known and long available Flight Gear open source simulator. While there's nothing illegal about any of this, if you want Flight Gear you can download it for free from the Flight Gear web site (www.flightgear.org).

::)
Last edited by Frequent Flyer on Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frequent Flyer
Major
Major

Postby RaptorF22 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:42 am

Ah-Ha! So it is FlightGear!

Thanks!
RaptorF22
Major
Major

Postby Jeff.Guo » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:13 pm

...that is only mildly unethical ::)
Jeff.Guo
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby RaptorF22 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:21 pm

Yeah, and what "genius" came up with that scheme? ;)
RaptorF22
Major
Major

Postby ShaneG_old » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:18 am

You have to read between some tiny lines here, to see what you are buying, and this is 100% legal.  ;)

The actual 'sim part of this package' is free, and fully supported by the people who make FlightGear.  As long as The people behind FlightSimPro send any and all source code changes back to FlightGear, they don't care what you do with it. You could be doing this yourself.  ;)

What you are paying for with Flight Sim Pro is:

-The DVD's, their time, and bandwidth.

The amount of time you don't have to sit downloading all of it from the internet. This is WAY more valuable than you may think. Some countries don't have the benefit of unlimited download bandwidth, and simply cannot download the free version.  The world scenery for FlightGear takes about a month to download if you want it all. They also have included all of the planes and other addon bits that are currently available.

"But wait, they have a download version, why would I pay to download, when I can do it for free from FlightGear?" 

A: Bandwidth, and content.  What you get from FG is the bare bones, San Fransisco area only, with just a couple of aircraft, from a very limited bandwidth portal.  Once again, you are paying for someone else's time here.  They have put in all the work to get you FlightGear at it's best possible state, saving you a TON of time and bandwidth usage (again, VERY important in a lot of countries around the world.)
ShaneG_old
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Slotback » Mon May 03, 2010 6:05 am

Here in Australia we have download limits. Even though mine is 25 gigabytes per month, I still have to buy hard copies whenever possible. That being said, that is $47 for FREE software!? WTF. I got Battlefield Bad Company 2 for 30$ USD, and other games for $20 USD, all brand new. $47... what a rip.
Last edited by Slotback on Mon May 03, 2010 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Slotback

Postby derrek_lee_25 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:00 am

flight get needs more airports id like to fly in places like kdbq, kpvl, kcid or kmsn
derrek_lee_25
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Xplane, Flightgear, Orbiter and other Flight Simulators