New Flight Sim from Dovetail is on the horizon

Other current Flight Simulators

Re: New Flight Sim from Dovetail is on the horizon

Postby Azframer » Thu May 18, 2017 7:44 pm

Yea I was looking through reviews and see people whining about frame rates, only one guy I saw was saying he was around 12 FPS, that would concern me. But some are just FPS snobs that whine about 20 fps or higher. I am pretty sure I would not do well with what I am running now. But may end up getting buried with some house designs so I might be able to upgrade.
I am going to hold off and just enjoy what I have for now, or at least until I have a better machine built and ready to take it on.

Rick
Azframer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Awaken » Thu May 18, 2017 10:42 pm

Well, I bought FSW. I spent about 3 hours this afternoon flying around with it. I am reminding myself that this is a Beta program. So far, it seems that this is FSX:SE V2.
There are some nice things such as the integration of A2A Accu-feel and ORBX. The Seneca is a pretty nice stock plane, although I got to fly a Seneca at Elite Sims and Elites had a much more weighty feel to it. The interior cockpit lighting was a pretty nice effect too. The windshield rain effect is beautiful!!! The stock airports aren't that bad, they have a more filled in look to them than FSX had. The sound was well done, reminds me of the sound on newer Carenado planes. I was getting around 25- 40 FPS, smooth but with some stutters and lag spikes (see my specs below). There is a FSW.cfg that is similiar to FSX.cfg, so I made some changes and am happier with the appearance now.

These are some things that need to be improved.
-It's very bright, everything looks washed out. maybe a gamma adjustment.
-Cloud and runways textures are not that good.
-ATC needs work, also more geographically correct voices.
-No real world weather available yet.
-The Graphics options controls could be more specific, maybe add a advanced mode.
-Optimization needed to smooth frame rates out some.

I will see where DTG takes this sim. I see tons of negative reviews on Steam already, most seem to be non-simmers and those who haven't bothered to play with settings and the FSW.cfg, and yes there are the FPS snobs too. One thing I was expecting was a NEW sim, This seems to be FSX reworked to within a inch of it's life :shock: :lol:
AMD R5 1600 AF on ASROCK B450, Teamgroup 16GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1650 Super , 500 GB SSD and 3TB HDD, EVGA 500W PS, ASUS 27in. MX27A 2k monitor, Windows 10
Awaken
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Daube » Fri May 19, 2017 12:52 pm

You were expecting a new sim ?
I was *hoping* for a new sim, but when I saw what they did with Flight School, it became pretty obvious that Flight Sim World would just be "FSX 64". And that's exactly what we got :)

Concerning the feedbacks, as you wrote most of the negative ones are surely from non-simmers.
I've been reading the feedbacks on various forums from more reliable sources, and the FPS are not bad in general, like around 30 next to big cities, and above 40's in the rural areas.
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Previous

Return to Xplane, Flightgear, Orbiter and other Flight Simulators