Bored after 4 plays

The latest and discontinued 'Flight' Game from Microsoft -

Bored after 4 plays

Postby striker » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:28 am

The other day I was remembering MSFlight and that it hasn't occurred to me to fire it up since the 1st week when I played it about 4 times to see what it was  all about.

The truth is it simply did not grab me, hold me or even make me think about it in all this time. I playwed it about 4 times in the 1st 2 days. Then I forgot all about it.

But I have been 'flying' FSX and getting new planes and learning new things almost every week.

What I love about FSX (& previous FS's) is how I can do what I like with it. I add the planes I like. I add the scenery I want to add. It is tweakable to a degree that we are all still learning 5 years after release.

What I like about 'Flight'? I can't really think. Really!

That is an honest and unbiased opinion of a long time Flight Sim user and real pilot.
striker
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Bored after 4 plays

Postby JoBee » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:31 am

A valid post.

That is an honest and unbiased opinion of a long time Flight Sim user and real pilot.

...who falls outside the target market for Flight.

cheers,
Joe
Don't argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
JoBee
Captain
Captain

Postby jetprop » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:44 am

A valid post.

cheers,
Joe

If a flight sim pilot gets bored by it...
Gamers definetly will,
jetprop
Major
Major

Postby FuturePilot » Wed May 30, 2012 11:17 pm

A valid post.

cheers,
Joe

If a flight sim pilot gets bored by it...
Gamers definetly will,

Yeah, flight games aren't fun to just regular gamers unless they have an end to them (missions, wars). I haven't tried Flight yet and I'm not sure if I feel like the hassle really. Besides, I'm still setting up FSX from my most recent re-install!  ;D
ASUS M4A89GTD, 16GB 1333MHz DDR3 RAM, 160GB 10,000 RPM HDD + 1TB 7200 RPM HDD, AMD Phenom II x4 965BE 3.4
FuturePilot
Major
Major

Postby garryrussell » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:43 pm

Why do folks insist on comparing Flight with FS.9/FS.X when it is not supposed to be in the same class by design.

People really should play Flight for what it is rather than for what it's expected to be and in fact exactly what it's not.

There is simply no point in more threads like this...it's been done to death many times.
garryrussell
Captain
Captain

Postby wifesaysno » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:51 pm

[quote]Why do folks insist on comparing Flight with FS.9/FS.X when it is not supposed to be in the same class by design.
wifesaysno
Major
Major

Postby dave3cu » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:52 pm

There is simply no point in more threads like this...it's been done to death many times.

Apparently others agree as, until today, there has been little activity in this forum for nearly a month.
Last edited by dave3cu on Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
At that time [1909] the chief engineer was almost always the chief test pilot as well. That had the fortunate result of eliminating poor engineering early in aviation.
dave3cu
Major
Major

Postby Scatterbrain Kid » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:43 am

MS Flight is a FREE download (you only have to pay for extra addon aircraft and scenery and missions) so i downloaded it and was bored within 5 minutes, the graphics and flight models were nothing to write home about, and the mission was a slalom course around balloons, so i uninstalled it.
People around the sim community are calling MS Flight "arcadey", and yes, i'd say that was a fair assessment, as it's a "fun" sim rather than a flight sim, obviously aimed at putting the fun back into flight simming.
Nothing wrong with that of course, but it won't appeal to grumpy old fart simmers like me..:)
PLEASE STOP LINKING IMAGES, IT SLOWS THE FORUMS DOWN FOR OTHER USERS!!!!
Scatterbrain Kid
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby jetprop » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:55 am

MS Flight is a FREE download (you only have to pay for extra addon aircraft and scenery and missions) so i downloaded it and was bored within 5 minutes, the graphics and flight models were nothing to write home about, and the mission was a slalom course around balloons, so i uninstalled it.
People around the sim community are calling MS Flight "arcadey", and yes, i'd say that was a fair assessment, as it's a "fun" sim rather than a flight sim, obviously aimed at putting the fun back into flight simming.
Nothing wrong with that of course, but it won't appeal to grumpy old fart simmers like me..:)

If simmers are bored by it gamers DEFINETELY will...
jetprop
Major
Major

Postby ilikerio » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:52 pm

I find it fun to do long flights in FSX rather than missions... Especially when I have to do ILS landings...  ;D
ilikerio
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby F35LightningII » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:43 am

[quote]I find it fun to do long flights in FSX rather than missions... Especially when I have to do ILS landings...
i5 3570K @ 4.3GHz, ASRock Z77 Pro3, EVGA GTX 670 FTW, 8GB DDR3, 128GB Samsung 830, 500GB Seagate Barracuda, Thermaltake Armor A60, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, Logitech K800, Logitech M510, Windows 8 Pro x64, FSX Acceleration
F35LightningII
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby alrot » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:32 pm

[quote]Why do folks insist on comparing Flight with FS.9/FS.X when it is not supposed to be in the same class by design.
Last edited by alrot on Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Venezuela
alrot
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to Microsoft 'Flight'