Should this Board be Moved?

The latest and discontinued 'Flight' Game from Microsoft -

Re: Should this Board be Moved?

Postby Steve M » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:06 pm

Heck, since 1982 I could count all the payware I bought on one hand, up untill last month that is. Now all my saved "just in case there is an FS11" hardware money is being thrown at payware like ORBX and REX, Corenado, Just Flight, etc

Hey don't support Carenado man - they are the ones being paid highly making the planes for M$ Flight and making a good killing from M$ by doing this. Also some of the other scenery guys are contracted to M$ for lots of $$$$. Not sure which ones making scenery but I know for sure Carenado is making props for MS Flight.

Man, where do people get this stuff...
Steve M
Major
Major

Postby Wing Nut » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:52 pm

Well. let's give the man a chance here.
Last edited by Wing Nut on Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://www.simviation.com/phpupload/uploads/1440377488.jpg[/img]
Wing Nut
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Camel_Moe » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:34 pm

THIS is why I have less than 300 posts since 2002. Nobody can derail a thread like the camel can.... ;D

Online Interactions Not Rated by the ESRB
Camel_Moe
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Flight Ace » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:31 pm

[quote]It is my understanding that the Britannica review process will remain very much the same, so I would imagine the objections to referencing the Britannica online will be about what they are now.
1.   Chaser MK-1 Full Tower ATX Computer Case
2.   Core i7 3770K 1155 Processor OC to 4.7 GHz
3.   ASUS Maximus V Gene Motherboard
4.   EVGA GTX580 1536MB Video Card
5.   16 GB C8 G.SKI
Flight Ace
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:07 pm

Lets face it, most Universities teach students how to think and form their own opinions based on information obtained from multiple sources. As for any College/University openly allowing their students to use encyclopedias as their primary source of information, in my opinion, is unheard of and a non issue.

I would like to believe that's true. This article is one of many that seem to prove otherwise. No shame in copy and paste for Internet-age students
Last edited by Hagar on Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Camel_Moe » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:48 pm

[quote][quote]It is my understanding that the Britannica review process will remain very much the same, so I would imagine the objections to referencing the Britannica online will be about what they are now.
Last edited by Camel_Moe on Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Online Interactions Not Rated by the ESRB
Camel_Moe
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Flight Ace » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:19 pm

Lets face it, most Universities teach students how to think and form their own opinions based on information obtained from multiple sources. As for any College/University openly allowing their students to use encyclopedias as their primary source of information, in my opinion, is unheard of and a non issue.

I would like to believe that's true. This article is one of many that seem to prove otherwise. No shame in copy and paste for Internet-age students

Believe it,

This article you provided is about students who practice the art of plagiarism or copying information from the internet or from wherever without credit given to the authors. Has nothing to do with the paragraph you are responding to. In most cases when a student is caught doing this, some corrective and sometime punitive action including expulsion is taken.
1.   Chaser MK-1 Full Tower ATX Computer Case
2.   Core i7 3770K 1155 Processor OC to 4.7 GHz
3.   ASUS Maximus V Gene Motherboard
4.   EVGA GTX580 1536MB Video Card
5.   16 GB C8 G.SKI
Flight Ace
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby garryrussell » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:30 pm

All about words it seems :o

When you install the Microsoft Sims they go in Microsoft Games folders on the system...so in that respect they can be called games, but this start to become hair splitting as call it whichever and you can support what ever justification you choose.  On the other hand the versions up until now have be FS (Flight Simulator) something where Flight drops the Simulator part of the title and does not have a number following the earlier offerring.

MS Flight doesn't sit comfortably in either

Could it not just sit on it's own between the Current Flight Simulator Board and The Graphics Gallery???

That way it is still up where it will be noticed yet not being seen to be classed as the replacement for FS.X by being in the 'Current' Folder

It's a bit like the tomato debate as to weather it is a vegetable or a fruit...it is a fruit by growth but used as a vegetable, so what is it??...well it's a Tomato and everyone just accepts it without getting involved in trying to categorise it.

Same here, it is neither but can be either...but it is Microsoft Flight and can be whatever you want it to be, but doesn't have to be anything.

I think it really needs to be thought of as 'Something else", maybe from small acorns mighty oaks will grow, but that remains to be seen.
Last edited by garryrussell on Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
garryrussell
Captain
Captain

Postby matthewdev » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:35 pm

Believe it,

This article you provided is about students who practice the art of plagiarism or copying information from the internet or from wherever without credit given to the authors. Has nothing to do with the paragraph you are responding to. In most cases when a student is caught doing this, some corrective and sometime punitive action including expulsion is taken.

I think this conversation is getting off topic, but I can't resist giving my 2 cents :)

In my degree (Bachelor of Law), secondary materials are rarely used formally, we would almost always reference primary materials like Cases and Legislation. With secondary material we only use peer reviewed materials.

However Wikipedia is used all the time to get a general overview of a particular subject area.

My conclusion - Use it in private but for goodness sake don't tell anyone that you do  ;D

Also plagiarising can be enough to be expelled from uni, or alternatively result in being refused admittance to the Bar in my case...
matthewdev
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby andy190 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:35 pm

Seeing that there has been no activity in the Flight Forum for a few days & that the last post that had anything to do with Flight was a fortnight ago at least I think it would be worth moving if you wanted to Pete.

Intel Core i5-2310 CPU @ 2.90GHz, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450, Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
andy190
Major
Major

Previous

Return to Microsoft 'Flight'